OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
Ohh my god yes. Four new books? :D Plus I am loving the new articles. 049 was interesting as his whereabouts are unknown, I am wondering if he will be reappearing. Also Mendicant Bias was a treat, loving reading about him. Love the ambiguity in his fate, I am betting he shows up again soon. :)
So, would it be naive of me to assume that "Shadow of Intent" will be focused on 'Rtas Vadum during the post-war era?
| I'd assume so, and hopefully it'll touch on the incident where the SoI shot down those three Prowlers... |
Grim, if you were standing in front of me right now I'd hug you. Can we take this as confirmation that Joe Staten is going to be doing writing for 343i?

For the next Canon Fodder, how about a Universe entry on Hamish Beamish, perhaps with a picture of the renowned engineer posing with his Golden Mop award?
So, would it be naive of me to assume that "Shadow of Intent" will be focused on 'Rtas Vadum during the post-war era?

| I'd assume so, and hopefully it'll touch on the incident where the SoI shot down those three Prowlers... |
Might just be overthinking a bit too much as usual, but something about the release date of December 7th kinda makes me think that Prowler Corps' surveillance of CAS Shadow of Intent won't be overlooked.
Joe, if you're reading this, welcome back to Halo. You have been missed dearly among us lore junkies.
I do have a few things to bring up now regarding Frankie's interview that my initial excitement has died down a bit. He mentions that Halo has moved on from black-and-white moral areas and made things gray. True to an extent, but some things could be better. The insurrectionists are still a complete joke. They were just cartoonishly evil in Halo: New Blood and were led by a literal supervillian in Halo: Initiation. Staffan Sentzke in Mortal Dictata was a very complex character, but he seems to be the only real exception. Sans him, the government of the Rubble in Cole Protocol and the Callista rebels in Nylund's Admiral Cole short story, the rebels have never really developed past cardboard cut-out bad guys. I won't dwell on Halsey or anything beyond noting that exposure of her crimes isn't much of a revelation for us fans, but I am curious as to why so much focus is on the S-IIs? The S-IIIs seem to have been swept under the rug with nobody questioning their creation when it could be said to be arguably worse. I'm glad New Blood did more than let questioning the S-II Programs morality be another meeting of the Halsey Haters Club™, and oddly enough I found it refreshing that Romeo didn't buy the kidnapping angle thus showing that these issues usually get more of a variety of response than automatically attacking a scapegoat. Still, the fact everybody notes the lack of info on the IIIs and nobody bothers to dig deeper is oddly confusing.
so the majority of mendicant got out of his imprisonment? i thought just one of his parts had ended up on the keyship. this is a significant change if true—any clarification grim?
Anyone besides me going to be referring to these 5 novels as "Halo: Evolutions 2"? :v
so the majority of mendicant got out of his imprisonment? i thought just one of his parts had ended up on the keyship. this is a significant change if true—any clarification grim?
Yeah i was curious about that too. Originally I thought it was just a ship left over from the battle, but now it sounds like MB left the ark entirely.
I do have a few things to bring up now regarding Frankie's interview that my initial excitement has died down a bit. He mentions that Halo has moved on from black-and-white moral areas and made things gray. True to an extent, but some things could be better. The insurrectionists are still a complete joke. They were just cartoonishly evil in Halo: New Blood and were led by a literal supervillian in Halo: Initiation. Staffan Sentzke in Mortal Dictata was a very complex character, but he seems to be the only real exception. Sans him, the government of the Rubble in Cole Protocol and the Callista rebels in Nylund's Admiral Cole short story, the rebels have never really developed past cardboard cut-out bad guys. I won't dwell on Halsey or anything beyond noting that exposure of her crimes isn't much of a revelation for us fans, but I am curious as to why so much focus is on the S-IIs? The S-IIIs seem to have been swept under the rug with nobody questioning their creation when it could be said to be arguably worse. I'm glad New Blood did more than let questioning the S-II Programs morality be another meeting of the Halsey Haters Club™, and oddly enough I found it refreshing that Romeo didn't buy the kidnapping angle thus showing that these issues usually get more of a variety of response than automatically attacking a scapegoat. Still, the fact everybody notes the lack of info on the IIIs and nobody bothers to dig deeper is oddly confusing.
Maybe since the III's parents were dead and they didn't have to flash-clone, they thought it was okay...and those same people sent all of those orphaned kids to their deaths...yeeeaaah, I don't understand it either.
| What I gathered from the terminals in Halo 3 is that the fragment from the Keyship found it's way to Mendicant's "grave", while simultaneously fighting the resident ancilla for control of the Lesser Ark. Hopefully the events that took place will be further explained in this novel. |
I hope so :D

I hope so :D
In before Rtas dies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*YAWN*

All these titles hint at Sangheili focused stories.

I am going to bet that all these Novels all have Sangheili characters, detailing events surrounding the Sangheili, with lots of Sangheili supporting characters, with MORE lore on Sangheili culture...

*YAWN*

Hey...343...just a friendly reminder...in case you forgot...The Sangheili are not the only species in the lore.

Give the spotlight to someone else for a change. You guys had such a great thing going with Halo Escalation 1, 2, and 3...and you swept it under the rug. Less Sangheili, more Jiralhanae. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to find out what they are up to, as of 2558...
Quote:
FRANK: Everything you read this year is soil from which surprises will spring, many of them in Halo 5. I just watched a cinematic that made me tear up a little. But also made me proud of the scope of the worlds our writers and authors have helped build. And there’s lots more to come.
I bet he watered that soil with his cinematic tears.
*YAWN*

I am going to bet that all these Novels all have Sangheili characters, detailing events surrounding the Sangheili, with lots of Sangheili supporting characters, with MORE lore on Sangheili culture...

*YAWN*

Hey...343...just a friendly reminder...in case you forgot...The Sangheili are not the only species in the lore.

Give the spotlight to someone else for a change. You guys had such a great thing going with Halo Escalation 1, 2, and 3...and you swept it under the rug. Less Sangheili, more Jiralhanae. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to find out what they are up to, as of 2558...
I meant to mention that too, some differing Covenant perspectives would be nice. Hard to say the Covenant have their own agendas when the main perspectives are all Elites. The Jackal plotline in Mortal Dictata was cool, why have they not capitalized on that further?
Hmmmm for the Screenshot thing I wonder if Halo Reach will be allowed due to its ability to still get screenshots up?
*YAWN*

*YAWN*

Two families of Humans (prehistoric and contemporary), two families of Forerunners (Milky Way and Path Kethona), two families of Precursors (tentacles and slimy zombie tentacles), two families of Sangheili (Ussans and Covenant), three families of Kig-Yar (Ruuhtian, T'vaoan, and Ibie'shan), two families of Lekgolo (Mga and Thano), two families of San'Shyuum (Stoics and Reformists), Huragok, Yonhet, and Jiralhanae have all taken central roles in the past three years alone.

I'm sure they'll get to stuff based solely on one of these races soon enough.
*YAWN*

*YAWN*

Saint's Testimonial is about an AI, so that'll be interesting.
This week in Canon Fodder, we book your tickets to upcoming Halo fiction, chat with a renowned janitorial engineer, and add new entries to the Universe.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Shadow of Intent novel. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Banshee entry was awesome as cat!

A few questions: what are the Sangheili names for th following:
T-26B banshee (halo 4)
Wraith
T-25 Ghost
Revenant
High Charity
And does Qezo mean Obsidian and Y'asabu wing?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6