1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
| Also really curious as to what the Obsidian Wing (and Amphibious) Banshee variant looks like. Could we maybe get some finer details on that and the DAV-clas Light Corvette? |
Well its time to get out my wallet again....
Well its time to get out my wallet again....
I know that feel.
Oooooooohhhhh four more this year? I'm in. I know they just got announced but a release date for the physical copies would be lovely. I'm not too into digital books.

As far as the books themselves, I hope at least one of these stories is focused on something other than Humans and the Sangheili. I like Elites as much as the next fan but it'd be nice to get some perspective from other former Covenant species.
Grizzlei wrote:
*YAWN*

All these titles hint at Sangheili focused stories.

I am going to bet that all these Novels all have Sangheili characters, detailing events surrounding the Sangheili, with lots of Sangheili supporting characters, with MORE lore on Sangheili culture...

*YAWN*

Hey...343...just a friendly reminder...in case you forgot...The Sangheili are not the only species in the lore.

Give the spotlight to someone else for a change. You guys had such a great thing going with Halo Escalation 1, 2, and 3...and you swept it under the rug. Less Sangheili, more Jiralhanae. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to find out what they are up to, as of 2558...

Two families of Humans (prehistoric and contemporary), two families of Forerunners (Milky Way and Path Kethona), two families of Precursors (tentacles and slimy zombie tentacles), two families of Sangheili (Ussans and Covenant), three families of Kig-Yar (Ruuhtian, T'vaoan, and Ibie'shan), two families of Lekgolo (Mga and Thano), two families of San'Shyuum (Stoics and Reformists), Huragok, Yonhet, and Jiralhanae have all taken central roles in the past three years alone.

I'm sure they'll get to stuff based solely on one of these races soon enough.
Notice how you listed ALL those different kinds of sects, subspcies, and whatnot...then you said...

"Jiralhanae"

That is all you have for The Jiralhanae. Just Jiralhanae.

It proves my point.
Notice how you listed ALL those different kinds of sects, subspcies, and whatnot...then you said...

"Jiralhanae"

That is all you have for The Jiralhanae. Just Jiralhanae.

It proves my point.
In the past year we've seen expansion into the two main skiens of their culture, the Rh'tol and the Vheiloth, which clashed during the First Immolation. There are Chieftains and other officers in Broken Circle and one of the leading heads of state in Escalation, all with speaking roles. Sure, it's nothing as solid as a leading character in a novel all about the Jiralhanae and their lives. 343i can only write about so much and focus their attention on a few aspects of the universe. Keep in mind that as much as I'm sure that they want to explore them in great detail, their franchise development plans can only go in so many directions. The Jiralhanae will undoubtedly have exposure soon on the level of their last major inclusion in Contact Harvest.

No, there's more than "just Jiralhanae" in the same regards to how there's no such thing as "just Huragok."
Don't brutes have lydus' guys plus additional hostile groups?
Don't brutes have lydus' guys plus additional hostile groups?
The Jiralhanae are just as fragmented as everyone else. Many are noted to be fighting alongside the allied forces of Earth and Sanghelios in the Lydus Clan. Others are fighting the Swords of Sanghelios, some are fighting everyone with the radical Covenant factions, and a few are in the employment of Sangheili.
Halo: Hunters in the Dark sounds like it could be a more defined Agent Locke origin story(The sheer basis of his character is pretty much that, a hunter). However, i'm clinging on to the small bit of hope that its a full fledged Head Hunter Novel(crosses fingers). It sounds like it will be either of the two. After all, Grim did feel compelled to choose a Head Hunter question out of the Q and A thread, which had hundreds of posts and questions. So, something tells me that can't be a coincidence.
Anyone think the Hunter in the Dark novel will be more about Locke considering we have yet to see anymore backstory on him since nightfall and that novel's release date falls before Halo 5 Guardians. Not to mention the armor he wears is designated as hunter. Or maybe another showcasing of the headhunters seen in Halo Evolutions?

Edit: Did not realize the person above me posted this I guess I didn't refresh the page sorry.
I'm hoping that Hunters in the Dark follows a band of scrappy war orphans from the Outer Colonies who managed to lure a Hunter pair in a room without a single light source.
Grizzlei wrote:
KalEl 825B wrote:
Halo: Hunters in the Dark sounds like it could be a more defined Agent Locke origin story(The sheer basis of his character is pretty much that, a hunter). However, i'm clinging on to the small bit of hope that its a full fledged Head Hunter Novel(crosses fingers). It sounds like it will be either of the two. After all, Grim did feel compelled to choose a Head Hunter question out of the Q and A thread, which had hundreds of posts and questions. So, something tells me that can't be a coincidence.

I'm hoping that Hunters in the Dark follows a band of unruly, scrappy kids from the Outer Colonies who managed to lure a Hunter pair in a room without a single light source.
Well, the symbolism fits.
The Elite reminds me of the flame-eyed Space Pirates from the original Metroid Prime.
Grizzlei wrote:
I'm hoping that Hunters in the Dark follows a band of scrappy war orphans from the Outer Colonies who managed to lure a Hunter pair in a room without a single light source.
Going for the literal interpretation I like it. Haha!
I appear to have wet myself.
YES!!!!
THANK YOU LOL!!!
Grizzlei wrote:
*YAWN*

All these titles hint at Sangheili focused stories.

I am going to bet that all these Novels all have Sangheili characters, detailing events surrounding the Sangheili, with lots of Sangheili supporting characters, with MORE lore on Sangheili culture...

*YAWN*

Hey...343...just a friendly reminder...in case you forgot...The Sangheili are not the only species in the lore.

Give the spotlight to someone else for a change. You guys had such a great thing going with Halo Escalation 1, 2, and 3...and you swept it under the rug. Less Sangheili, more Jiralhanae. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to find out what they are up to, as of 2558...

Two families of Humans (prehistoric and contemporary), two families of Forerunners (Milky Way and Path Kethona), two families of Precursors (tentacles and slimy zombie tentacles), two families of Sangheili (Ussans and Covenant), three families of Kig-Yar (Ruuhtian, T'vaoan, and Ibie'shan), two families of Lekgolo (Mga and Thano), two families of San'Shyuum (Stoics and Reformists), Huragok, Yonhet, and Jiralhanae have all taken central roles in the past three years alone.

I'm sure they'll get to stuff based solely on one of these races soon enough.
I've already stated my love for Prehistoric humanity and why they need to make that a novel. Also there are more than two families of Lekgolo. More like 6 or seven (Mgalekgolo, Thanolekgolo, and Sbao (the Scarabs) are the ones we have seen. Others haven't been seen.

Sadly none of the titles other than Shadow of Intent promise space combat.
Have we all forgotten about the UNSC Dawn under Heaven and how its story is twice as interesting as her sister ship the Pillar of Autumn?
Hmm, no discussion on Last Light yet? It's a full length novel in September. I mean Shadow of Intent is most likely going to feature everybody's favourite elite supporting character and more of the situation in Sanghelios, Hunters in the Dark is either on Locke or SIII headhunters, Saint's Testimony is about AIs, but what could Last Light be about. Given its release date I don't think it will tie in too much with H5. What could it be about...

I've already stated my love for Prehistoric humanity and why they need to make that a novel. Also there are more than two families of Lekgolo. More like 6 or seven (Mgalekgolo, Thanolekgolo, and Sbao (the Scarabs) are the ones we have seen. Others haven't been seen.

Sadly none of the titles other than Shadow of Intent promise space combat.
Have we all forgotten about the UNSC Dawn under Heaven and how its story is twice as interesting as her sister ship the Pillar of Autumn?
Indeed, I was simply noting the two subspecies that had been explored candidly, the Mgalekgolo as the Hunters and the Thanolekgolo who were thoroughly teased in Nightfall. The others are mere mentions.

Poor Dawn Under Heaven. I'm sure she has as much of a chance to be explored as Trafalgar. :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6