Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-21-15: Marching On

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
In this week's Canon Fodder, we give you some new livery lore to learn and add new entries to the Universe.

Read more here...

<3
Grim

On a personal note, a big happy birthday to one of my brothers, GrimBrother III! Shoot him a message on XBL to wish him well ;-)
You double posted!

Also great entry! Nice to have MB's entry cleared up.
Weekly post is fine with me. Nice to find out more on the Covenant.
My weekly dose of lore has been attended to.
Crap, the Revenant article was supposed to be new? I read it yesterday, thinking it was an old one. Anyway, it was interesting. It's also good to have some info on the H2A multiplayer armors. Hopefully we'll also know more about Linda's armor in the future, I think it's the last one that is still unnamed.

On a separate note, I'm still wondering where Bloodline is supposed to be set on. The skybox is definitely more mysterious than if it were set on a Halo ring.

Edit: By the way, has the red energy sword been canonized? :P
Imrane 117 wrote:
Crap, the Revenant article was supposed to be new? I read it yesterday, thinking it was an old one. Anyway, it was interesting. It's also good to have some info on the H2A multiplayer armors. Hopefully we'll also know more about Linda's armor in the future, I think it's the last one that is still unnamed.

On a separate note, I'm still wondering where Bloodline is supposed to be set on. The skybox is definitely more mysterious than if it were set on a Halo ring.

Edit: By the way, has the red energy sword been canonized? :P
It's been in the canon since Halo: Headhunters.
Well, it's nice to see that bit of confusion over Mendicant Bias cleared up. It really was a fragment after all... That certainly opens the wide range of Ark-based possibilities back up!
So I suppose that there are T-1A, T-1B, T-1C variants of the energy sword, etc.
*lures Grim into a trap*
Imrane 117 wrote:
*lures Grim into a trap*
Imrane 117 wrote:
*lures Grim into a trap*

*insert Jurassic Park embedded joke here*
However, unless Imrane 117 was a girl (and clever), your joke backfired, Grim :P
Loving the new articles, and all the new lore! This is one of my favourite parts of the week!

So it says "Next week, we’ll have Part 2 of our little chat with Halo: New Blood author Matt Forbeck, where he’ll provide some of his thoughts on some of the more… interesting moments of the new release."

Is there a part one already out of this interview type thing? Super excited to get to read some of what he has to say. :D
Boba772 wrote:
Loving the new articles, and all the new lore! This is one of my favourite parts of the week!

So it says "Next week, we’ll have Part 2 of our little chat with Halo: New Blood author Matt Forbeck, where he’ll provide some of his thoughts on some of the more… interesting moments of the new release."

Is there a part one already out of this interview type thing? Super excited to get to read some of what he has to say. :D
Canon Fodder 1-22-15: Bam, said the lady
Sorry I'm late to posting! Had issues with tablet. Anyways, hm, the hoplite looks more like the modern centurion for some reason. The mark VI description makes me wonder about the Mark VII Naomi wears and Gen 2. Mark VII is gen 2 right?
Hey Grim I got a quick question. How come the Hoplite looks more like the GEN 2 Centurion than the Mark VI Centurion? Are you sure Hoplite and Centurion aren't mixed up? I've been wondering this since November.
Boba772 wrote:

Canon Fodder 1-22-15: Bam, said the lady
Thank you very much! :D
Hey Grim I got a quick question. How come the Hoplite looks more like the GEN 2 Centurion than the Mark VI Centurion? Are you sure Hoplite and Centurion aren't mixed up? I've been wondering this since November.
There are certainly odd similarities, but nope, that's correct. Certainly not a rare occurrence though, there are multiple armors that have undergone changes that make the resulting looks perhaps resemble other types of armor more instead. Look at the changes with helmets like Rogue, Commando, Operator, etc. If you do notice, both models of CENTURION have the influence of the Roman "Centurion"-style crest along the top of the helmet.

There are certainly odd similarities, but nope, that's correct. Certainly not a rare occurrence though, there are multiple armors that have undergone changes that make the resulting looks perhaps resemble other types of armor more instead. Look at the changes with helmets like Rogue, Commando, Operator, etc. If you do notice, both models of CENTURION have the influence of the Roman "Centurion"-style crest along the top of the helmet.

Well thank you very much for clearing that up. The similarity was just close enough I had to ask.
Question😥

What variant is Linda 058 wearing in escalation, or is this to greedy?
Wait Grim sorry to bother you again, but is Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer part of the War Games simulation? We've been wondering about that for a while on Halo Archive and Halopedia.
Question😥

What variant is Linda 058 wearing in escalation, or is this to greedy?
TOO GREEDY. YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR. DIRTY RASCAL RUINED IT FOR EVERYBODY, NO MORE ANSWERS NOW.

Never play Blackjack, Dirty Rascal, never play Blackjack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3