Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-21-15: Marching On

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Wait Grim sorry to bother you again, but is Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer part of the War Games simulation? We've been wondering about that for a while on Halo Archive and Halopedia.
I was going to answer this but Greedy Rascal ruined it.
Wait Grim sorry to bother you again, but is Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer part of the War Games simulation? We've been wondering about that for a while on Halo Archive and Halopedia.

D: Please answer it. I'm sure Dirty Rascal didn't know what he was getting into <.<

D: Please answer it. I'm sure Dirty Rascal didn't know what he was getting into <.<
Okay, fiiiiiiinnnee.

More or less, yes. One could feasibly consider pretty much all competitive MP as part of the War Games, though it's not necessarily something fans should start splitting hairs about regarding specific time frames and extrapolating implications from.

Okay, fiiiiiiinnnee.

More or less, yes. One could feasibly consider pretty much all competitive MP as part of the War Games, though it's not necessarily something fans should start splitting hairs about regarding specific time frames and extrapolating implications from.
Thank you very much.

Okay, fiiiiiiinnnee.

Thank you very much.
Lucky Lucky😈

Okay, fiiiiiiinnnee.

Thank you very much.

Lucky Lucky😈
I think Linda's Mark VI is just super duper custom.
Hey Grim, could we assume that anything in H2A multiplayer is 2558 era (or post 2552) versions of those weapons/vehicles/etc.? I ask because there are some differences between the H2A campaign models and multiplayer models. Biggest example: the SMG.
Hey Grim, could we assume that anything in H2A multiplayer is 2558 era (or post 2552) versions of those weapons/vehicles/etc.? I ask because there are some differences between the H2A campaign models and multiplayer models. Biggest example: the SMG.
Not necessarily.
Considering we don't even know if the weapons being used in War Games are holographically produced or not like the rest of the environment (I mean, I doubt the UNSC could feasibly allow so many vehicles and so much ammo to be wasted on training). If they are then they could just produce those models based on specifications in the databases. That could also explain the use of the different models of weapons in H2A (like the Halo 4 SpnKr) in the multiplayer.

Of course that is all up to Grim and the writers. I could just be scribbling out crap that doesn't make sense lol. If we can feasibly say that all the multiplayers could be War Games I wonder why War Games map designers would make remakes of maps like for H2A. 500 years in the future and they still must need to care about graphics lol.
I know this is turning a bit into a bit of a Q&A by accident but while we're talking about H2A MP I have to ask - Is every weapon represented in H2A a canon incarnation? There are minor differences between H2A campaign and MP, like BR color, SMG variant etc. Just hoping/wondering if everything is valid on mp and campaign sides.
BAN DIRTY RASCAL!! JK. But thanks for replying to everyones questions grim.
I'm not so much concerned with the design of CENTURION as I am concerned with the question of why wasn't armor that advanced given to Chief when he returned to Earth? You guys have now basically shafted Chief in the new armor department.

Chief: "I'm loving this new Mark VI-wait, what the heck are you wearing, Fred? Linda?"

Fred: "Yeeeaaahhh, we tried to get you a cool, proto-GEN2 MJOLNIR suit, but couldn't."

Chief: "You guys are the worst friends ever. And you wonder why I only work with Cortana these days..."
GazzRion wrote:
I know this is turning a bit into a bit of a Q&A by accident but while we're talking about H2A MP I have to ask - Is every weapon represented in H2A a canon incarnation? There are minor differences between H2A campaign and MP, like BR color, SMG variant etc. Just hoping/wondering if everything is valid on mp and campaign sides.
Don't forget the Halo 4 Beam Rifle being there in place of the classic design, not saying it's a bad choice or a bad design but that weapon had the ;largest overhaul in the H2A sandox if you ask me
I'm not so much concerned with the design of CENTURION as I am concerned with the question of why wasn't armor that advanced given to Chief when he returned to Earth? You guys have now basically shafted Chief in the new armor department.

Chief: "I'm loving this new Mark VI-wait, what the heck are you wearing, Fred? Linda?"

Fred: "Yeeeaaahhh, we tried to get you a cool, proto-GEN2 MJOLNIR suit, but couldn't."

Chief: "You guys are the worst friends ever. And you wonder why I only work with Cortana these days..."
Yeah, despite the H2A terminals being pretty good for the most part they really dropped the ball in the armor department. There's no reason Fred and Linda couldn't have been wearing classic-style Mark VI.

Though that still leaves Will as a possible basic Mark VI wearer, seeing as he wasn't given the honor of appearing in the terminals in the first place. And then there's that one Mark VI-clad Spartan in the Ghosts of Onyx cover, assuming we are to take it as canon.
GazzRion wrote:
These weapons are also...
http://i.imgur.com/C6A2tPQ.jpg

Not necessarily.
If that's the case then is there a canon explanation for why the M7 looks so different between the H2A campaign and multiplayer? I know the obvious answer is different art departments but I'm hoping there is more to it than that.
GazzRion wrote:
This is exactly what I've been wondering and why I asked if the weapons in H2A multiplayer were the 2558-era versions of these weapons. It appears that the UNSC weapon templates change every so many years but retain the same designation (look at the M6 Splaser, M41 RL, M6G Magnum). But since Grim said not necessarily, the next question would be, what is the canon design and if both are, what is the canonical reason for the change in design?
In this week's Canon Fodder, we give you some new livery lore to learn and add new entries to the Universe.

Read more here...

<3
Grim

On a personal note, a big happy birthday to one of my brothers, GrimBrother III! Shoot him a message on XBL to wish him well ;-)
So is Sangheili rank determined mostly by colour, armour or colour with some armours tied to specific ranks?
And does Qikost have an atmosphere and is terraformed or was it always full of life?
I've always wondered, how exactly, where, and when exactly did In Amber Clad get captured by the flood?

Also..What ever happened to the other Prophets in the High Council during the Great Schism?
I've always wondered, how exactly, where, and when exactly did In Amber Clad get captured by the flood?

Also..What ever happened to the other Prophets in the High Council during the Great Schism?
Commander Miranda "Common Sense" Keyes docked In Amber Clad directly over the Library while the Flood would conquer the vast reaches of Installation 05. Ugh. How did she get command of anything larger than a desk...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3