Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-25-16: Close Quarters

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Now THIS is how you do vehicle variants! Not only is the art design gorgeous, but A SPLASER SCORPION is going to be absolutely unique and amazing to play along side, let alone DRIVE! Both radiate "experimental" and just call you to try for them. SUPER PUMPED for this update!

Maybe a future Hannibal warthog would be a "Gunhog" with SMG's mounted to the front like the H2A Gungoose!
Tartarus' Gavel...this hammer is awesome! But you could add more lore to it Grim ... i.e. it could be forged after Tartarus' death to honor him.
CIA391 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
I'm just glad to get something related to CQB, I've missed it so much these last two halo games...
Wouldn't it be better to get...actual CQB though?

Not saying this new armor isn't nice, it is but it shouldn't be any form of replacement whatsoever.
Things to need to evolve. I mean in-universe it makes sense. I mean CQC was almost made redundant cause of CQB armor. So having an armor that does the best of both worlds really is a good idea. Plus saves money also as making the CQC and CQB must of cost lots

And if one carefully looked Grenadier(G) armor was replaced by GUNGNIR(G) armor. Not many noticed that.(both are still distinctly different its just an example though)

So it aint the first time armor was replaced for a more effective one in Halo.
Not to mention the Mjolnir has always been about replacing outdated versions with new and improved variants. The Mark IV was replaced by the V, and the V by the VI, but they can all still be used in-game. Something canonically replacing something else doesn't mean the original can never appear again.
Exactly kinda. Assuming the old variants are worth bringing back and the Ordinance Commitee allows them. ;)

I remember reading that the OC made an exception for Mark VI due to its proven performance. So I assume the same happened with Mark V and IV also.
Yeah April Fool's right? I'm wise to this.
"Introducing Halo 5: Spartan Ops. Take control of FIreteam Crimson as they battle the forces of the Created and search for ancient secrets buried deep beneath the scorched glasslands of Meridian. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!"
Knowing 343 this would probably happen.
CIA391 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
I'm just glad to get something related to CQB, I've missed it so much these last two halo games...
Wouldn't it be better to get...actual CQB though?

Not saying this new armor isn't nice, it is but it shouldn't be any form of replacement whatsoever.
Things to need to evolve. I mean in-universe it makes sense. I mean CQC was almost made redundant cause of CQB armor. So having an armor that does the best of both worlds really is a good idea. Plus saves money also as making the CQC and CQB must of cost lots

And if one carefully looked Grenadier(G) armor was replaced by GUNGNIR(G) armor. Not many noticed that.(both are still distinctly different its just an example though)

So it aint the first time armor was replaced for a more effective one in Halo.
Not to mention the Mjolnir has always been about replacing outdated versions with new and improved variants. The Mark IV was replaced by the V, and the V by the VI, but they can all still be used in-game. Something canonically replacing something else doesn't mean the original can never appear again.
Exactly kinda. Assuming the old variants are worth bringing back and the Ordinance Commitee allows them. ;)

I remember reading that the OC made an exception for Mark VI due to its proven performance. So I assume the same happened with Mark V and IV also.
Wait since when was GUNGNIR a replacement of the GRENADIER variant?
GUNGNIR and Grenadier don't have anything in common save for their initial. (MJOLNIR/G).

One was related to Project GUNGNIR (which also spawned the Spartan Laser among other things) whereas the other was a testbed for energy shielding.

The shared initial is likely just a coincidence. Probably one of the reasons why 343 dropped this classification, and replaced it by "(NAME)-class Mjolnir", e.g.: GUNGNIR-class Mjolnir.

With so many variants, it wouldn't have been practical at all to keep the former classification... There would've been much confusion.

On a side note, yeah, if 343 really want to make GEN2 versions of CQC and CQB, they can still do it.
Imrane 117 wrote:
GUNGNIR and Grenadier don't have anything in common save for their initial. (MJOLNIR/G).

One was related to Project GUNGNIR (which also spawned the Spartan Laser among other things) whereas the other was a testbed for energy shielding.

The shared initial is likely just a coincidence. Probably one of the reasons why 343 dropped this classification, and replaced it by "(NAME)-class Mjolnir", e.g.: GUNGNIR-class Mjolnir.
The Halo Reach Descriptions used the G letter. When other variants clearly used other letters or the initials for the other variants. So yea. Might be a coincidence. But it still happened. I mean Halo Reach still used M for the Security armor.

While yes I am glad that they changed it to the -class system. Its still something.
jayman567 wrote:
"Introducing Halo 5: Spartan Ops. Take control of FIreteam Crimson as they battle the forces of the Created and search for ancient secrets buried deep beneath the scorched glasslands of Meridian. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!"
Knowing 343 this would probably happen.
I'm pretty sure 343i's smart enough not to walk on thin ice just for April Fools. WG did that last year by teasing something people have been wanted for April Fools (but it would never fit into the game) and the backlash was, to say the least, powerful.
The DYNAST appears to be the spiritual successor to CQC and CQB variants with that being said it'll be good if CQC and CQB make a return.
erickyboo wrote:
I hope we get to learn more about kinetic bolts, Knights blade, energy Beyoncé and so on one day.
It looks basically like this.
OH MY! This is great.
Wish it wasn't!!! This would be awesome
Wish it wasn't!!! This would be awesome
Yeah I am dying to have some campaign DLC. I also miss Fireteam Crimson. Such a stoic band of hyperlethal warriors. Truly worthy of the mantle of Spartan. I hope if they do Crimson again it'll at least have Thorn in it. I want one character to talk some. Or it would be cool for it to be "your spartan" palmer, thorn, and arbiter.
erickyboo wrote:
I hope we get to learn more about kinetic bolts, Knights blade, energy Beyoncé and so on one day.
Dank memes..... are Dank!

BTW any word on adding the weapon variants to the Universe section?
erickyboo wrote:
Dank memes..... are Dank!

BTW any word on adding the weapon variants to the Universe section?
I assume you mean the REQ variants. Depending on the specific variant, it would definitely be nice to add those into their respective base entries, but as with a lot of things, it's largely a matter of time and prioritization. We've got a lot of irons in the fire lol. Glad you're enjoying it all, though!
Hire more people!

By the way, I think you've never addressed the issue with the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition, have you?

It seems some North American editions didn't have the complete content (namely the lists of operations conducted by the Spartans). I'm wondering if you will ever release these cards publicly, for those who didn't get that content?

Personally I'm not affected, as I have the French edition, which has the full English cards, and cards in both French and German (only the profiles though, not the lists of operations...). As long as I have the full English content, I'm fine with it. Keep giving us the original and the translations, that's really useful for a fan like me lol. But be careful not to forget stuff.
Talking about REQ variants in the universe section. Would be nice to have the old weapon variants in the Universe section.
Like the BR55. And so on.
You're at the bottom of the hierarchy, aren't you?
Imrane 117 wrote:
You're at the bottom of the hierarchy, aren't you?
I hope not, despite being a weekly blog post Cannon Fodder has really enriched Halos universe. Hopefully as Halo continues to grow so will Cannon Fodder.
Imrane 117 wrote:
Hire more people!

Lololololol
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3