Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-28-16: Glassed Ceiling

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we look at new map lore, chat Halo WC, and more.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Oh I am in a stream?!
Excellent issue as always. Keep up the great work :D
rukizzel wrote:
Oh I am in a stream?!
Of consciousnesses...
Awesome! That new Warzone map looks really cool. Glad to hear Tom Salta's doing more Halo stuff as well. His score for FoR animated was probably my favorite part of that series!

Again, thanks very much for taking the time to give us lore nuts some attention, Grim.
Awww. I might not be able watch it at that time, school time.
Wowww!! A day is long on high charity.

Interesting, information on Meridian really. I wonder what the created have with Meridian. One thing I do wonder is why did the prometheans attack the humans in the first place? Darkstar station's going to be interesting. So... did that one person who made it to The elevator... did she... make it...? Did she... survive? But yeah, interesting.

Tom Salta is a great composer.
Sooooo does this mean that the HCS/HWC logos on the armor/weapons arnt canon.(just clarifying it)

BTW nice to see a description of the CHALLENGER armor and SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR map.

Also extra lore for Gemini
Quote:
The restful, contemplative space towering above the lights of High Charity is meant as a refuge for thought and meditation by senior prelates in the Prophet hierarchy. In its silent halls they can seek the solace of spirituality while contemplating the mysteries of the Forerunners.
This was in the Halo 2; Multiplayer Map Pack Manual. And was also the first public mention of the Prophet Prelates in Halo. Something I bet many of you missed.
It's a bit odd to be implying that the rule of the Created is going to be light enough that a major human company can essentially be business as usual. That the company is even allowed to exist in the first place is very indicitive.
Good article Grim! It's wonderful to see that Meridian still has hope being de-glassed. However, I wonder how the operatives there at Darkstar are able to hide their presence from the Created.

So Spartan Fireteams compete in high level championships. I wonder how long Fireteam Majestic and Crimson have been competing against each other then, and who's better.......my bet is on Crimson.

And the Arbiter's Theme! Man, that is a wonderful piece of music that fits Thel perfectly! Give my appreciations to Tom and Clayton for me, they did a wonderful job.

I forget, High Charity had backup generators on board in case something happened to the Dreadnought correct? If I remember correctly, these generators were the ones that John destroyed in Halo 3's mission "Cortana," correct?

CIA391 wrote:

Quote:
The restful, contemplative space towering above the lights of High Charity is meant as a refuge for thought and meditation by senior prelates in the Prophet hierarchy. In its silent halls they can seek the solace of spirituality while contemplating the mysteries of the Forerunners.
This was in the Halo 2; Multiplayer Map Pack Manual. And was also the first public mention of the Prophet Prelates in Halo. Something I bet many of you missed.
You always seem to remember the smallest of details don't you XD. Nice catch. Thanks for the article Grim as always!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
It's a bit odd to be implying that the rule of the Created is going to be light enough that a major human company can essentially be business as usual. That the company is even allowed to exist in the first place is very indicitive.
Cortana isn't demanding worship or servitude. She is simply attempting to ensure peace.

CIA391 wrote:
Quote:
You always seem to remember the smallest of details don't you XD. Nice catch. Thanks for the article Grim as always!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Well if the info is out there. Its probably in 343i records.
Grim probably had to decide if was gonna adapt that statement or take new info. And taking new info he did that really was a great idea.

I do wonder though. If the Garden of Reverent Contemplation is related to the areas John-117 travels through. As there is plenty of gardens we travel though?
"But anomalies abound beneath the battered surface as ancient machinery buried deep in the planet’s mantle stir to life, and the UNSC makes plans to once again revisit the surface in search of answers, regardless of what forces that intervention may unleash."

You know what would be great? Story DLC for Halo 5.
"But anomalies abound beneath the battered surface as ancient machinery buried deep in the planet’s mantle stir to life, and the UNSC makes plans to once again revisit the surface in search of answers, regardless of what forces that intervention may unleash."

I wish we got story DLC, especially one that uses Majestic or Crimson again, would like to know how Thorne is doing after the comics.

I second this. I do like how this map seems to take place AFTER the events of Halo 5, and we may get to see new stuff and the effects of the story, taking some first steps into Halo 6.

If they're smart, 343 will actually use this to their advantage instead of copying and pasting the same "fly in, kill everything" formula. Swap Marines with Miners/Corp, add compelling reasons for taking the bases, etc.

I wish we got story DLC, especially one that uses Majestic or Crimson again, would like to know how Thorne is doing after the comics.
I'd love for more info on Majestic, but I'd prefer if they sorta left Crimson alone at this point and let us dream up our own adventures for them.

Why not? Couldn't be worse than Halo 5's campaign :P

Also yay High Charity my favorite location in the Halo universe <3
Damn a Warzone map set on H.C. would be amazing and you all know it.
Well, E3 is coming up soon. If they announce another Hali spin off it'll be there. Halo 6 must still be sways out and CA are making Halo Wars 2.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Locke or the Arbiter get a spin off title.
JJAB91 wrote:

Why not? Couldn't be worse than Halo 5's campaign :P

Also yay High Charity my favorite location in the Halo universe <3
Damn a Warzone map set on H.C. would be amazing and you all know it.
A Warzone firefight map facing off against flood..... Ohhhh I want it so bad.
Glass ceilings have bad support
LFXx3273 wrote:
Cortana isn't demanding worship or servitude. She is simply attempting to ensure peace.
Going to have to do some actual convincing for that last part. What does "ensure peace" even mean? She displayed no regret outright killing millions across multiple worlds with the activation of her Guardians. Her efforts with Auriga Station show her making a concerted effort to build and maintain an army and military presence. If she isn't demanding obedience or servitude, then why does Liang-Dortmund Corporation feel the need to operate in secret and away from the Created's influence? Further, how will Cortana handle independent worlds, former Covenant client race worlds and/or UEG holdouts? If they refuse to be under her control will she attack them even if they had done nothing to harm her? Life evidently has no value to her given how flippant she was with the people of Meridian's lives and the unprecedented damage her Guardian's EMPing worlds would have caused in terms of traffic accidents, plane crashes, emergency service outages, etc.

And having a Halo operational and under her isn't exactly something to show that she just wants ice cream socials.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2