Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-4-16: Fury's Road

OP GrimBrother One

This week in Canon Fodder, we take a closer look at a special Storm Rifle.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Yay! Backstory on the storm rifle! I hope we also get the Blissful Slumber. Interesting information on Lodam armory. I wonder if it means that Lodam Armory is able to produce storm rifles with the design improvements as the fury. I also wonder if the UNSC infinity is in possession of any assembler vats and sangheili forges to produce such armaments, in probably smaller quantities but still.

I like the title. Hehehe I see what you did there. And yay for Scott Kelly! I enjoyed the EVA skin names in halo 5, including Hadfield.
Since the Storm Rifle has replaced the Plasma Rifle, I wonder if it would be considered "obsolete" in terms of fire power to Sangheili in the post war era.
Since the Storm Rifle has replaced the Plasma Rifle, I wonder if it would be considered "obsolete" in terms of fire power to Sangheili in the post war era.
The goal was to replace the Plasma Rifle.
Oh nice, few extra pages on Buck in New Blood! Think I will be picking up the print copy when it comes out :D
Great to hear that Kelly and the team landed safely. Talking about deep space exploration, I caught this in my feed the other day. There was an actual NASA article on it, but Wired sums things up decently enough. Very interesting theory at least, kind of like the wind sails idea.

ps. You don't know Flipyap :P
stckrboy wrote:
Oh nice, few extra pages on Buck in New Blood! Think I will be picking up the print copy when it comes out :D
Great to hear that Kelly and the team landed safely. Talking about deep space exploration, I caught this in my feed the other day. There was an actual NASA article on it, but Wired sums things up decently enough. Very interesting theory at least, kind of like the wind sails idea.

ps. You don't know Flipyap :P
*SHAKES FIST*
Awesome Cannon Fodder, Grim. I love how the Deep Links sections add to the scope and scale of the universe through personal and impersonal stories. I can't wait for that deep link on Flipyap. Maybe one day... (plz Grim)
So, I'm beginning to wonder if the Forerunners weapons in Halo 4 and 5 are even more under-powered gameplay-wise than previously thought. Because the weapons we find in game designed to combat the Flood are being given canonical descriptions that that make them intended more to remove any trace of Flood, rather than combating the combat and pure Flood forms.

I mean, spore mountains get pretty damn big and based on how much energy explosive force is generated from an Incineration Cannon, you'd need like a couple thousand to destroy a spore mountain.

Also on my mind is how these weapons (Incineration Cannon and Binary Rifle) were used to stop Keyminds from forming. That's when the Flood have consumed an entire planets biosphere. You might as well commence orbital bombardment instead of sending in infantry with those weapons. More curious is that they have no mention of killing Graveminds (outside of the Halo 4 EVG), since logically they'd form long before a Keymind would form.

At the same time, I'm beginning to think there's actually a pretty big difference between a Gravemind and Keymind.

Questions, questions...

Care to help me out a bit Grim even if it means not directly answering any of my questions?
Onyx81 wrote:
So, I'm beginning to wonder if the Forerunners weapons in Halo 4 and 5 are even more under-powered than previously thought. Because the weapons we find in game designed to combat the Flood are being given canonical descriptions that that make them intended more to remove any trace of Flood, rather than combating the combat and pure Flood forms.

I mean, spore mountains get pretty damn big and based on how much energy explosive force is generated from an Incineration Cannon, you'd need like a couple thousand to destroy a spore mountain.

Also on my mind is how these weapons (Incineration Cannon and Binary Rifle) were used to stop Keyminds from forming. That's when the Flood have consumed an entire planets biosphere. You might as well commence orbital bombardment instead of sending in infantry with those weapons. More curious is that they have no mention of killing Graveminds (outside of the Halo 4 EVG), since logically they'd form long before a Keymind would form.

At the same time, I'm beginning to think there's actually a pretty big difference between a Gravemind and Keymind.

Questions, questions...

Care to help me out a bit Grim even if it means not directly answering any of my questions?
Yes, I DO love puppies!
Onyx81 wrote:
So, I'm beginning to wonder if the Forerunners weapons in Halo 4 and 5 are even more under-powered than previously thought. Because the weapons we find in game designed to combat the Flood are being given canonical descriptions that that make them intended more to remove any trace of Flood, rather than combating the combat and pure Flood forms.

Questions, questions...

Yes, I DO love puppies!

Spoiler:
Show
Is the coda for the print release of New Blood exclusive to it, or will we see it somewhere else, for those who got the book digitally last year, and may not want to get the print version?
Hey grim! Check the canon fodder on archive. I made a something special.
Thanks for finally giving more information on the background of the Storm Rifle and the Storm harness.
Quote:
ps. You don't know Flipyap :
P*SHAKES FIST*
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
Guys, I'm right here! XD
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
Quote:
Clad in an immutable shell and seething with power that hinted at heretical modifications, Fury quickly passed into the hands of foolhardy Kaepra warriors who sought to use its power to advance their interests. Some found glory, others death, but all burned brightly . . . for a time.
And now it is used by Spartans in War Games oftentimes involving lots of teabagging. What a legacy.

;p
Quote:
Clad in an immutable shell and seething with power that hinted at heretical modifications, Fury quickly passed into the hands of foolhardy Kaepra warriors who sought to use its power to advance their interests. Some found glory, others death, but all burned brightly . . . for a time.
And now it is used by Spartans in War Games oftentimes involving lots of teabagging. What a legacy.

;p
Same could be said for the Prophet's bane.

Thanks for finally giving more information on the background of the Storm Rifle and the Storm harness it's much appreciated Grim.
Awesome update. I love backstories on weapons and tech.
I think that the UNSC should be able to make covenant weapons from parts that they pick up during their battles.