Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 4-1-16: No Joke

OP GrimBrother One

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Today in Canon Fodder, we look at deeper lore for the upcoming map, Tyrant. Plus more Halo fiction-based goodies!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Ooooo! Corpse maker will be great!

So... Is endurance of will... Not active anymore..? Her essence is still in UNSC hands..? I wonder if it means she could come back... I don't want her to die! Maybe she can come back in the future... I don't know [D:] not endurance too! If her essence exists, she can exist too right..?

The map tyrant... Wow the description Is amazing! Wordsmithing! Shows the true power of the flood!

How's the prophet of swag doing these days?
I'm starting to wonder how Endurance of wills essence became "damaged" in the first place and how "damaged" it actually is for that matter.

If the UNSC have a site C then sites A and B must exist as well, I assume they are similar structures if that is the case?

Another good read, thanks for the weekly lore.
"So let mercy come and wash away what I've done..."

sweet reference Grimm!

So does the map actual have precursor artifacts on it, or is that just its past?
jayman567 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder how Endurance of wills essence became "damaged" in the first place and how "damaged" it actually is for that matter.

If the UNSC have a site C then sites A and B must exist as well, I assume they are similar structures if that is the case?

Another good read, thanks for the weekly lore.
I don't want her to be gone from the future of fiction. Imagine her coming back in some form canonically!
erickyboo wrote:
Ooooo! Corpse maker will be great!

So... Is endurance of will... Not active anymore..? Her essence is still in UNSC hands..? I wonder if it means she could come back... I don't want her to die! Maybe she can come back in the future... I don't know [D:] not endurance too! If her essence exists, she can exist too right..?
At least shes not 100% destroyed.

Plus this might be related to how ONI got ahold of her weapons.(outside potientially Osiris recovering one)
CIA391 wrote:
erickyboo wrote:
Ooooo! Corpse maker will be great!

So... Is endurance of will... Not active anymore..? Her essence is still in UNSC hands..? I wonder if it means she could come back... I don't want her to die! Maybe she can come back in the future... I don't know [D:] not endurance too! If her essence exists, she can exist too right..?
At least shes not 100% destroyed.

Plus this might be related to how ONI got ahold of her weapons.(outside potientially Osiris recovering one)
It depends on how un damaged she is to be honest, I imagine she must of been able to communicate with ONI in some form. My guess is that is was a similar scenario like the time the UNSC found the remains of 343 Guilty Spark, I doubt she was in any position to hack anything though.

That's assuming she willingly communicated.
CIA391 wrote:
erickyboo wrote:
Ooooo! Corpse maker will be great!

So... Is endurance of will... Not active anymore..? Her essence is still in UNSC hands..? I wonder if it means she could come back... I don't want her to die! Maybe she can come back in the future... I don't know [D:] not endurance too! If her essence exists, she can exist too right..?
At least shes not 100% destroyed.

Plus this might be related to how ONI got ahold of her weapons.(outside potientially Osiris recovering one)

jayman567 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:
erickyboo wrote:
Ooooo! Corpse maker will be great!

So... Is endurance of will... Not active anymore..? Her essence is still in UNSC hands..? I wonder if it means she could come back... I don't want her to die! Maybe she can come back in the future... I don't know [D:] not endurance too! If her essence exists, she can exist too right..?
At least shes not 100% destroyed.

Plus this might be related to how ONI got ahold of her weapons.(outside potientially Osiris recovering one)
It depends on how un damaged she is to be honest, I imagine she must of been able to communicate with ONI in some form. My guess is that is was a similar scenario like the time the UNSC found the remains of 343 Guilty Spark, I doubt she was in any position to hack anything though.

That's assuming she willingly communicated.
Yeah. It would be interesting to see a knight help humanity or maybe later go on against Cortana . I don't know. I want her still. They can take this so many places, but will they?
Endurance...

What an awful fate she took.

We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.

Grim, that pic of the Brutes and Locust, is that from Halo: Mythos or concept art for Halo Wars 2? Or both?
Onyx81 wrote:
Endurance...

What an awful fate she took.

We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.

Grim, that pic of the Brutes and Locust, is that from Halo: Mythos or concept art for Halo Wars 2? Or both?
That's actually original HW concept art. Old school, baby.
Onyx81 wrote:
Endurance...

What an awful fate she took.

We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.
Next Warzone boss: Granny Thorne
Nice to hear about the Locust again, and of course, more info on Endurance is more than welcome.

I'm so happy to see another Forerunner themed map for Arena. We have plenty of UNSC based maps, more outdoor, Forerunner and Covenant themed ones are a must.
Wow im very glad to know endurance is ok. :D or at least not 100% gone. ,':o
Can't wait to try out the Hammers so I can NAIL my opponents ;)
Given how interested ONI was with the Didact, I wouldn't put it past them to use any simulation or reconstruction of Endurance, his loyal leuitenent, to get a feel for the combat doctrines of the Didact.
Onyx81 wrote:
Endurance...

What an awful fate she took.

We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.
Next Warzone boss: Granny Thorne
Lol that's terrible.
Holy Yoink, the lore for Tyrant made me quite moist.

Okay, not only does the Corpsemaker look cool, it sounds freaking awesome to use. I'm imagining a Void's Tear mixed with a Gravity Hammer, which sounds siiick. I LOVE the Void's Tear, and I believe it should be its own weapon in the future. Could we possibly get some light shed on the Void's Tear in the future?

Once I heard that Endurance-Of-Will is a new boss in the new Warzone map, I fanboyed pretty hard (and a Soldier-controlled Mantis boss sounds awesome too, might I add; Hoping the Soldier-controlled Human weapons/vehicles gets really abused in a future Warzone map). Still having my fingers crossed for a Jul 'Mdama boss in the future.

Pretty disappointed I have to wait, what is it like 35 days, til I can individually purchase the Arbiter in K. I was lookin forward to the 29th, oh well. :/

I figured the Locust had to still be in some kind of service, and it makes me happy to hear it's still around (mostly for the fact that maybe one day it'll be a driveable vehicle in the future, allowing basically a driveable mini-Scarab in Multiplayer; Plus, Mantis vs Locust just sounds too cool). But I'm getting the vibe that the how you described the Locust still being used by Brute raiding parties makes me think they are making a return in Halo Wars 2.
Onyx81 wrote:
We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.
I cannot tell if they actually have feelings or not! Which rustles my jimmies more than I'd like. Because in SpOps E9Ch5, one shows signs of annoyance, and in the last mission of H5 you see one that again shows annoyance or even boredom. Ya know, feelings/emotions. But outside of those two small instances, no expressions or feelings (except maybe anger when you destroy their cores). They're just seen as "simply killing machines" as Thorne puts it outside of those two instances.

So I wonder are they remembering their previous life's memories/feelings, or have they developed their own? But they're under like, mind control as you will, so how can they have feelings? Are the souls trying to escape their imprisonment of being a Knight, or has the Knight developed its own AI matrix, or something else entirely? Aren't they supposed to be killing machines, and literally only killing machines?

I've gotta say, say what you will about the Prometheans, but the lore behind the Knights is extremely fascinating. From their origins to how they have feelings when they shouldn't.
The Flood suddenly seem a lot scarier...
Halo Maaan wrote:
Onyx81 wrote:
We need more lore on the Knights. There's still a lot of confusion about them.
I cannot tell if they actually have feelings or not! Which rustles my jimmies more than I'd like. Because in SpOps E9Ch5, one shows signs of annoyance, and in the last mission of H5 you see one that again shows annoyance or even boredom. Ya know, feelings/emotions. But outside of those two small instances, no expressions or feelings (except maybe anger when you destroy their cores). They're just seen as "simply killing machines" as Thorne puts it outside of those two instances.
Looks like it's going a bit mad to be honest. Look at the way it grabs it's head.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2