Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 4-16-15: Striking Features

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, join us for a closer look at Halo: Spartan Strike, out now!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Very nice! Still confused as can be over the iOS release of Spartan Strike, but oh well...
Very nice! Still confused as can be over the iOS release of Spartan Strike, but oh well...
I concur. I only have windows 7 running still on my computers, I'll just have to wait a bit, maybe it will show up on Android. I'm also not a Steam fan, or just don't care for it so meh.

Good luck to those who figure out the codes and get to use them!
I'm not sure what can be so confusing, lol.
Its a Halo Canon Christmas folks. Woot
Serial production of the Kestrel? Could this mean there is a high probability of seeing that fine piece of machinery in Halo 5? :D
So I managed to nab one of the codes and get myself a free copy! Think I know what I'll be doing on my lunch break tomorrow... and the train ride to work... and right now... I am going to have no battery left :P Thanks Grim! ;)

Now I could be nice and eliminate the code I used, but I'll leave it for now so y'all can have some fun figuring it out (unless I need to post it for ref)
Hmm, let's try "Non-Microsoft rival platform getting a Halo game before Xbox One, iOS getting a Halo game to begin with, all while of course still no MCC or Halo 3 for Windows or Halo Online outside of Russia. But at least iPads are getting Spartan Strike!"

Calling it now, next year comes Spartan Attack exclusively for Fire Phones in Venezuela. And an H5G port for Apple Watch.

And maybe in 2115 after consoles are more or less extinct (possibly PCs as we know them too), a bunch of historians will put the main Halo games onto Windows just for laughs.

Aside from Microsoft's weird Windows gaming-related business decisions, though, Spartan Strike is plenty of fun. And that soundtrack!
Hmm, let's try "Non-Microsoft rival platform getting a Halo game before Xbox One, iOS getting a Halo game to begin with, all while of course still no MCC or Halo 3 for Windows or Halo Online outside of Russia. But at least iPads are getting Spartan Strike!"

Calling it now, next year comes Spartan Attack exclusively for Fire Phones in Venezuela. And an H5G port for Apple Watch.

And maybe in 2115 after consoles are more or less extinct (possibly PCs as we know them too), a bunch of historians will put the main Halo games onto Windows just for laughs.

Aside from Microsoft's weird Windows gaming-related business decisions, though, Spartan Strike is plenty of fun. And that soundtrack!
Well there goes THAT secret.
Hmmm Grim suggestion, would it assist the Articles with the Wargames map descriptions to have a gallery of said maps.

Much like the Banshee article has a gallery of all the known variants

Would be a nice touch. And assist fans who dont remember all the maps. :3
Well, this was a nice Canon Fodder! I find those incomplete codes to be a cruel tease, though. Lacking Windows 8, I have no way to redeem them! Why, Windows, why!?!?!

Good read, though! I like how the MP maps are becoming canonized through War Games. And, a question I've been dying to have answered is whether or not the Kestrel VTOL is based on the ONI REAP-X Mega Bloks Light Assault VTOL vehicle, which was confirmed, along with the other REAP-X vehicles, to be canon.
CIA391 wrote:
Hmmm Grim suggestion, would it assist the Articles with the Wargames map descriptions to have a gallery of said maps.

Already in the plans. So, yes :-) lol
CIA391 wrote:

Already in the plans. So, yes :-) lol
Thats good. xD As much as I know about Halo, over 120 maps does get over my head. Haha glad to know its in the pipeline

Well I wouldn't take it that far bud. Causation does not imply correlation. I just would wish to see it on Android at least with my Samsung Galaxy S5 active!

Well I wouldn't take it that far bud. Causation does not imply correlation. I just would wish to see it on Android at least with my Samsung Galaxy S5 active!
I think people often underestimate the nigh infinite magnitude of moving parts that determine such realities. Conspiracy theories need not apply. :-)
I wish the Kestrel was more VTOL then human's ghost, but oh well. I love Spartan strike so far (big step up art wise from Halo: Spartan Assault, but still am a ship fan so I'll have to wait for either info on UNSC ships or an official PC Halo ship game. *sigh* *sigh*
I wish the Kestrel was more VTOL then human's ghost, but oh well. I love Spartan strike so far (big step up art wise from Halo: Spartan Assault, but still am a ship fan so I'll have to wait for either info on UNSC ships or an official PC Halo ship game. *sigh* *sigh*
I second the bit about the art direction. Spartan Strike looks outright beautiful for a mobile game, particularly Gamma Halo's jungle. And yeah, the Kestrel really needs more VTOL capabilities, but we all but know it'll be in H5G, so maybe it'll have a vertical boost ability or something.
can be so confusing, lol.

Well there goes THAT secret.
I knew it :P
I think people often underestimate the nigh infinite magnitude of moving parts that determine such realities. Conspiracy theories need not apply. :-)
Not conspiracy theories, but plenty of long-term disappointment. Considering the official machinery has taken eight years and so far we've managed two mobile apps (though they're both tons of fun) and a Russia-locked F2P, I'm sure you can understand at least some of the Windows community's frustration.
Oh, by the way, Grim, can you confirm something for me? In the first mission of Spartan Strike, there's a bridge in the background with a Scarab rampaging across it. A Pelican flies by carrying a Scorpion. Is that the bridge from Halo 2, and is that Johnson's Pelican?
If so, can you explain why there are two Scorpions driving across the bridge after it blasting Ghosts? Was the Chief not alone with his tank, but in fact had backup?
Spoiler:
Show
Seriously, though, what's up with the bridge background action?
Interesting
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2