Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 4-24-15: Taking Orders

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we talk #HUNTtheTRUTH and chat some Universe housekeeping.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
(reserved for erickyboo's inevitable excitement)
(typical spazzy fangirl attraction to fictional warships)
Oh man those ships look amazing! Can't wait until that tabletop is out!!!

Also, where do we go for submitting screenshots for the Universe section? The recent addition of that new Feather skull to H2A allows for some nice shots of the In Amber Clad docked with Cairo.
As if Canon Fodder wasn't good enough, it sounds like it's going to be getting even better! :3
Grim, the old Canon Fodder is still up on the Universe Section! D=
Onyx81 wrote:
It's vintage. You wouldn't understand.
Grizzlei wrote:
Onyx81 wrote:
It's vintage. You wouldn't understand.
Lol. Some things just take longer to propagate when published, that's all. You should see the change live soon if it's not already.

<3
Grim
I'm excited to see these how these upcoming changes come into play! I mean, canon fodder is so great already :)
*see's the picture of Rho 'Barutamee

Ghasp!! Is that... Supreme Commander armor! *cries with joy
Grizzlei wrote:
(typical spazzy fangirl attraction to fictional warships)
as long as my Trafalgar isn't retconned into the epoch class I'm thrilled. I'd love to hear about the nuanced parts of UNSC warfare.
Unpainted! How many gekz do I gotta pay to get someone to paint those ships for me?
(reserved for erickyboo's inevitable excitement)
[:D]I'm not home so thanks for reserving it for me!

That tabletop game looks so amazing! I have some experience painting halo ships so I should have an advantage.

Cool to know about another fiction bringer! I also make cheese cakes.

That MJOLNIR display of awesomeness! It was awesome! This is a very Spartan-like showcase. This is what I expect from Spartans and it w's awesome!!!

Also yay snapshot!

I also want to try out the hunt the truth calling thing.
Canon fodder just gets better and better, keep it up Grim.
I had no idea the Hierarchs were that old. how did I not know that? It makes sense that Regret jumped the gun though, he was the youngest after all. Great job as always Grim!
You know, for some reason the difference in scale of ships has never quite hit home until I saw it as little plastic models.
Quote:
And trust me, the last thing anyone would want to do is sully their standing with the spooks.
I see what you did there, Grim.
As much as the scale model of ships are interesting, I also feel the need to mention the dice. First, there are so many of them in one set though this could simply be a snapshot showing the contents rather than accurately representing how many dice are there in the box. Second, there are 2 types, blue and white dice, most likely for covenant and UNSC respectively. This is supported by the features on the dice, which brings me to point 3. Plain numbers, crossed energy swords and ... oddballs? Can't wait for the details on the game mechanics!

On a side note, we know MJOLNIR HUNTER variants have sensory upgrades but what about extra grenade pouches. Is it even within UNSC safety protocols to allow MJOLNIR variants to carry 14 grenades? Because that is a lot of grenades.
Ace74205 wrote:
Unpainted! How many gekz do I gotta pay to get someone to paint those ships for me?
Haha, thinking a similar thing. But I've always been intrigued in the miniature painting, just never did any. It almost got me into Warhammer 40k by looking at these huge armies that I could build/paint myself. I think now with Halo, this is the start officially for a new hobby of mine that I've always admired for painting/detail work....idk maybe craftsmanship is a better word.

Either way this is a new hobby for me and I'm so excited! I just don't know if I should get 1 or 2 sets. 1 as practice and a 2nd for the "real go" since this will be my first try. Doesn't include the paints and everything else I need from I'm assuming some hobby stores. Anyways really excited and thanks Grim for this news! Can't wait!

PS, is there anyone on here who does the miniatures painting work I could get some advice from?
Thanks for the write-up Grim. I'm glad to see much more involvement in the Universe section and those new badges look cool.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2