OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Well, I'm glad we can put the great "two Palmers" debate to rest now.

Though, going off of the bit about #HUNTtheTRUTH, does that mean Ellie is in fact a legit source and the girl from "Starry Night" after all? I was certain she was an ONI plant along with the others. I spent all morning yesterday writing up a post for my blog about it too...dang. :\

Subject aside, that's a really nice looking blog you've got there! Very clean and pleasing aesthetic, and looks like some pretty cool content :-) Nice job!

<3
Grim

Thank you...

*buries incredibly red face in hands*

(Also that's a good way to not give a straight answer, Mr. Grim...looks like I can remain open minded about my theory then?)
Quite frankly, it's typically best for folks to have an open mind about nearly everything in the Halo universe. The twists and turns - whether we guessed them or not, or even like them or not - are part of what makes the journey so enjoyable :-)
/Believe

Spoiler:
Show
Dark Auk wrote:
I think its clarified to a point. We find that Zealot colors are really irrelevant because each Fleet has their own Zealot clans per se.

I don't think that's completely true. Zealots with titles like fleet-master and field-master have gold/yellow, while tight Zealot groups appear to stick with maroon. Canon reason or not this is clearly observed in the games.
That's not completely true either, because we see Fleet masters in Halo: Escalation with different color armors.
Cool info. Thanks Grim. It is nice to see how the Halo universe is expanding. As a ship lover, it is really nice to get to know more about the UNSC Navy! =)
By the way, regarding the AI~avatar issue... Am I supposed to understand that Cortana has been retconned several times, and that she never decided to change her avatar? I thought it could have been a correct explanation. (though it wasn't my understanding specifically)
Well, I'm glad we can put the great "two Palmers" debate to rest now.

Though, going off of the bit about #HUNTtheTRUTH, does that mean Ellie is in fact a legit source and the girl from "Starry Night" after all? I was certain she was an ONI plant along with the others. I spent all morning yesterday writing up a post for my blog about it too...dang. :\

Subject aside, that's a really nice looking blog you've got there! Very clean and pleasing aesthetic, and looks like some pretty cool content :-) Nice job!

<3
Grim

Thank you...

*buries incredibly red face in hands*

(Also that's a good way to not give a straight answer, Mr. Grim...looks like I can remain open minded about my theory then?)

Quite frankly, it's typically best for folks to have an open mind about nearly everything in the Halo universe. The twists and turns - whether we guessed them or not, or even like them or not - are part of what makes the journey so enjoyable :-)
Alright, I think I get your meaning now. Thanks for indulging me.

...Still, I'm glad you think the blog looks nice. (^_^')
Imrane 117 wrote:
By the way, regarding the AI~avatar issue... Am I supposed to understand that Cortana has been retconned several times, and that she never decided to change her avatar? I thought it could have been a correct explanation. (though it wasn't my understanding specifically)
Well Blood Line contradicts this Canon fodder a bit.
http://www.halopedia.org/Iona
She changes at will.
Imrane 117 wrote:

Well Blood Line contradicts this Canon fodder a bit.
http://www.halopedia.org/Iona
She changes at will.
I think this Canon Fodder is implying that an AI can't just change its avatar on the level of changing characters or personalities after the initial "choice" has been made. I'm sure minor feature changes, i.e. haircuts, patterns, and colors are more easily modified at will. Also keep in mind that Cortana isn't like most other AIs in general.
So, no new universe entry on Hamish Beamish, then?
BTW, Grim, I'm working on writing something and was wondering, what's a reasonable size for an S-IV contingent aboard a ship about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the Infinity?
😭 its like playing the lottery... all I want is my sweet Linda 058s armor type circa 2557
WAIIITTT! I still got one more question: what was that Gunnery Sergeant from "The Armory"'s name?
Boba772 wrote:
Something tells me that we will be getting a story at some point explaining how Jun got off Reach without Halsey.
It's possible Last Light might tell Jun's story. I mean, out of the four new novels, Last Light is the only one we don't know anything about. Hunters in the Dark is about a joint mission to the Ark in 2555, Saint's Testimony explores the nature of AIs, and Shadow of Intent is more than likely going to follow Rtas 'Vadum and his ship. With Last Light ,we have no clue about its content.
Disappointment reguarding my questions being unanswered questions aside, this Cannon Fodder had some nice tidbits of information.

I like the clever nod to Jun's escape from Reach...

Quote:
Q: How did Jun-A266 escape Reach?

Drone223

A: While it is widely known that Spartan-III Jun-A266 – the only surviving member of Noble Team – is currently serving in vital capacities for the SPARTAN-IV program, the details of his survival and escape from Reach remain buried under fistfuls of black ink and red tape.
I just want A Fistful of Arrows to be confirmed as canon so Noble Team gets a little bit of characterization of once.

The only other piece of information that kind of bothers me is finding out Gamma Halo was found BEFORE Delta Halo.

Quote:
Also known as Installation 03, Gamma Halo was discovered on October 8, 2552, when a civilian transport, the Floral Express, appeared in the Khaphrae system after executing a random slipspace jump while escaping the Covenant assault on Tribute.
That means Humanity went hundreds of years without face exploration and never found a single halo, and then managed to find THREE of them within 3 months of eachother. For the sake of Halo 2 I find it believable, considering some artifacts led to the second ring. But Gamma Halo was found by a random jump just 3 weeks after Alpha Halo was found by a "random jump". That's a stretch. =/
WAIIITTT! I still got one more question: what was that Gunnery Sergeant from "The Armory"'s name?
MGySgt Colt Winchester
Really like the Q&A CF's looking forward to the next one and thanks for the tips regarding on what question we should asks in future Q&A's.

P.S Having to wait an extra day for it were I'm from does tear me apart a bit.

"YOU'RE TEARING ME APART GRIM"
IxDue 58 wrote:
Disappointment reguarding my questions being unanswered questions aside, this Cannon Fodder had some nice tidbits of information.

I like the clever nod to Jun's escape from Reach...

Quote:
Q: How did Jun-A266 escape Reach?

Drone223

A: While it is widely known that Spartan-III Jun-A266 – the only surviving member of Noble Team – is currently serving in vital capacities for the SPARTAN-IV program, the details of his survival and escape from Reach remain buried under fistfuls of black ink and red tape.

I just want A Fistful of Arrows to be confirmed as canon so Noble Team gets a little bit of characterization of once.

Fistful of Arrows was almost canonized, but 343 and Levi never came to an agreement. 343 wanted to do it, but I believe Levi was hesitant. Its on his Twitter.

Boba772 wrote:
Something tells me that we will be getting a story at some point explaining how Jun got off Reach without Halsey.

It's possible Last Light might tell Jun's story. I mean, out of the four new novels, Last Light is the only one we don't know anything about. Hunters in the Dark is about a joint mission to the Ark in 2555, Saint's Testimony explores the nature of AIs, and Shadow of Intent is more than likely going to follow Rtas 'Vadum and his ship. With Last Light ,we have no clue about its content.
Great point. Last Light in reference to the last defense of Reach failing and Jun rising out of the ashes? Who knows.
I am curious...how do you get a question submitted to Canon fodder?
No, fistful of arrows was put on hold indefinitely or something similar. It was to be publishable under a license similar to RvB I think.
I am curious...how do you get a question submitted to Canon fodder?
When we come closer to the next Q&A session, this official submission thread will open back up for new submissions :-)

Grim
Hey Grim, since none of my questions were answered, should I think of some different ones to ask or just try to rephrase my questions? Because I don't want to be squaking out the same questions every Q&A when there isn't a chance of them being answered. Not complaining btw, just seeing if these questions can be answered or if I need to ask some different ones?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5