Canon Fodder 4-4-15: Clarity & Grace

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Just a note to let you know that we've corrected Stanforth's birthdate to be consistent with the easter-egg ONI plaque in Halo 3: ODST. His birth year was established using Halo: The Fall of Reach, not the plaque.

Also, we are aware that Stanforth is listed as a full Admiral as early as 2503 in Halo: Evolutions during a post-Covenant War ONI investigation regarding Preston J. Cole.

<3
Grim
Just a note to let you know that we've corrected Stanforth's birthdate to be consistent with the easter-egg ONI plaque in Halo 3: ODST. His birth year was established using Halo: The Fall of Reach, not the plaque.

Also, we are aware that Stanforth is listed as a full Admiral as early as 2503 in Halo: Evolutions during a post-Covenant War ONI investigation regarding Preston J. Cole.

<3
Grim
Well it's good to hear this discrepancy is getting looked into. You might also want to address the issue of his first name in the Evolutions story ("Harold" vs. "Hieronymus" in the ONI plaque). That is, if they're the same person at all.

Funnily enough, the original printing of The Fall of Reach used to say Stanforth was ten years Halsey's senior but apparently this was changed in the 2010 edition. Which is why I kind of did a double take reading the quote in the canon fodder.

<3
Grim

Thanks!
Mmmmhhh, for sure you are aware... as said it's strange, I'll be asking about this in the next Q&A.

Skeleborn wrote:

<3
Grim

Well it's good to hear this discrepancy is getting looked into. You might also want to address the issue of his first name in the Evolutions story ("Harold" vs. "Hieronymus" in the ONI plaque). That is, if they're the same person at all.

Funnily enough, the original printing of The Fall of Reach used to say Stanforth was ten years Halsey's senior but apparently this was changed in the 2010 edition. Which is why I kind of did a double take reading the quote in the canon fodder.
Well the new inconsistency has been solved, and we have a confirmation on his age, but the rank problem, which is related with the age, that's still a major discrepancy.
I would appreciate it if someone could give me the source on how those multiplayer maps that were listed are canon. I think that's really cool and I'd like to read it for myself.
JB Linken wrote:
I would appreciate it if someone could give me the source on how those multiplayer maps that were listed are canon. I think that's really cool and I'd like to read it for myself.
Here are a couple of examples :-)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/new-mombasa

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/locations/talitsa

The LOCATIONS section of the Universe will definitely be the place to watch for further additions/updates.

<3
Grim

Because there is a large portion of MB on the Ark. So I guess he wanted to link up with that to become full Mendicant Bias.

I can see that being part of the reason, but why feel the need to bring humanity with him if that's all he wanted to do?
What was the only thing he was allowed to think of? Atonement. He wanted to atone for his sins only way he could think of.

<3
Grim
So stanforth was a full Admiral at 17? Eesh.
The plaque has the age right, but says July 3rd instead of 15th. I figured y'all would have made him older for... reasons.

Also, will you be answering questions about UNSC ships? I really want to know more about the: UNSC Vindication class, UNSC Trafalgar, and the UNSC Dawn Under Heaven.
Apart from their shared service number (00834-19223-HS) it's easy enough to imagine that Harold is Michael's father. If so, perhaps Michael (either personally or through string-pulling) got his flagship named after his dad's. That doesn't explain why Parangosky addresses Michael as Harold in Data Drop 3, unless she knew his father well enough to mix up their names. Granted, it's easy enough to play the Doylist card on the Data Drop error.
Halo 9: Definitive Anniversary Remastered GOTY Edition confirmed! Man, 2037 is gonna be awesome! LOL XD

We have known Gold Zealots are field commanders and Maroon Zealots are artifact hunters. And from the looks of it, Blue Zealots within Jul's Covenant are personal guards (since they've been seen carrying blue Energy Staves, which is awesome!). Interesting to know that a Zealot's color isn't 100% true to itself, that there can/are more colors than the known two (three assuming Escalation's blue ones are actually canon instead of just a simple art design).

Installation 03 also has stone structures? Interesting.

Assuming I completely ignore the fact that my name was spelt wrong (that, or someone with a really similar name to me asked the exact same question, word for word, that jerk! lol), but it's still awesome that my question was picked, with sooo many to pick from! :D
So basically all of the multiplayer maps are canon, but the multiplayer itself isn't (except for Halo 4). Then the guy that suggested to add Sword Base into the simulation needs to be fired.

I've always imagined that the Halo Bible just has basic notes of things that are in the Halo Universe eventually. Like, Flood were originally god-like beings, Cortana dies, and have Humans have ancient Forerunner spirits within them that allow them to be familiar with Forerunner technology. And then it's up to the developers to explain those in detail/make the events happen. Precursors are god-like beings that became the Flood, Cortana goes Rampant and dies because of it, and Humans have a thing called a Geas.

Still pretty awesome Starry Night is now canon.
IxDue 58 wrote:
Disappointment reguarding my questions being unanswered questions aside, this Cannon Fodder had some nice tidbits of information.

I like the clever nod to Jun's escape from Reach...

Quote:
Q: How did Jun-A266 escape Reach?

Drone223

A: While it is widely known that Spartan-III Jun-A266 – the only surviving member of Noble Team – is currently serving in vital capacities for the SPARTAN-IV program, the details of his survival and escape from Reach remain buried under fistfuls of black ink and red tape.

I just want A Fistful of Arrows to be confirmed as canon so Noble Team gets a little bit of characterization of once.

Fistful of Arrows was almost canonized, but 343 and Levi never came to an agreement. 343 wanted to do it, but I believe Levi was hesitant. Its on his Twitter.
Whaaat!? This hurts me... :(
Caluben wrote:
IxDue 58 wrote:
Disappointment reguarding my questions being unanswered questions aside, this Cannon Fodder had some nice tidbits of information.

Quote:

Drone223

A: While it is widely known that Spartan-III Jun-A266 – the only surviving member of Noble Team – is currently serving in vital capacities for the SPARTAN-IV program, the details of his survival and escape from Reach remain buried under fistfuls of black ink and red tape.

I just want A Fistful of Arrows to be confirmed as canon so Noble Team gets a little bit of characterization of once.

Fistful of Arrows was almost canonized, but 343 and Levi never came to an agreement. 343 wanted to do it, but I believe Levi was hesitant. Its on his Twitter.
I thought Leviathan and 343 were in talks about canonizing AFoA but what I heard (from Levi himself, no less) was that it was 343i who put the project on hold indefinitely. Could be old info, though.
Skeleborn wrote:
Caluben wrote:
IxDue 58 wrote:

Quote:

Drone223

I thought Leviathan and 343 were in talks about canonizing AFoA but what I heard (from Levi himself, no less) was that it was 343i who put the project on hold indefinitely. Could be old info, though.
So there's still a chance down the road? :3
For Covenant cruisers you forgot the Supercruiser from the comics. Just so you know.
Canon Fodder is back with another round of Community Q&A, plus more updates to the Universe!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5