Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 4-8-16: Looking Glassed

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Awsome!
Espacally the part about this machines this is a section which is often forgotten in other games.
To the Jotun Arilus:
Looks like it s painting sheme has taken some inspiration from the Liebherr company
(they make construction vehicles).
But still awsome design fits perfect in an scenario like meridian.
Corrections and personnal views are welcome
I'm glad you put in those giant excavation lasers (Niedes Heavy Auger) here, I always thought those were the most interesting Meridian scenery objects.

By the way, since they're designed to cut through the crust of glassed planets, would it be possible to weaponize the excavator's laser? Like how the Covenant used the excavation Scarabs for combat in Halo 2?
CIA391 wrote:
For example if the P2 Storm harness in KI is a command rank one.
I have a question about this skin too: its called the command-rank Storm, but the gold is referred to as being "of the former Covenant empire". Seeing as how the Covenant was mostly purple, is it safe to assume that the Storm rank that existed in the Covenant wore gold Storm armor?
Not really, think of the Storm harness like you would a standard combat harness. Most of the shock trooper infantry that wore them would have been in blue (minors), but a commanding officer who chose to don the same harness would likely have been adorned with a gold version (notice the purple glyphs on the gold Storm harness in the KI version). In theory you could have had Storm harnesses in white/red worn by ultras as well.

Grim
CIA391 wrote:
I have a question about this skin too: its called the command-rank Storm, but the gold is referred to as being "of the former Covenant empire". Seeing as how the Covenant was mostly purple, is it safe to assume that the Storm rank that existed in the Covenant wore gold Storm armor?
Not really, think of the Storm harness like you would a standard combat harness. Most of the shock trooper infantry that wore them would have been in blue (minors), but a commanding officer who chose to don the same harness would likely have been adorned with a gold version (notice the purple glyphs on the gold Storm harness in the KI version). In theory you could have had Storm harnesses in white/red worn by ultras as well.

Grim
Ahh so there is a over all ranking system with Minor, Major, so on and so on.

And the Storm Rank(and I assume Warrior, so on) are more job roles than actual ranks.
CIA391 wrote:

Grim
So blue is minor, red major, white ultra, gold Commander and green what?

I also noticed that commanders can come in white-crimson, green and red.
Warriors come only in gold, rangers in white, blueish white and pinkish white and zealots come in blue, red and yellow.

What's the role of each of these colours? Maybe you could get into some details in a future Canon Fodder since the Sangheili ranking system both during and after the war has remained a bit of mess in the heads of the community.
Another hidden Grim post? What secrets could it hold?
Don't worry, I checked and it's nothing important. Just another way to get something called "Recon", whatever that is...
Quote:
In addition, next week on Tuesday, April 12th at 3pm Pacific, we’ll be showcasing the world premiere of live Warzone Firefight in a special episode of the Halo Livestream
YESSSSSSS!!!! Cannot wait for this, you going to be jumping on stream for some games Grim? :)
Quote:
Until next time… Live well, play Halo, and always bear right.
Hmmm....
Grim, may I ask you, do Sabres have shielding technology?
Grim, may I ask you, do Sabres have shielding technology?
...yeah.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Grim
Green-armored Unggoy are Heavies. Maybe the same applies to Sangheili.
So all these blue / red / green / white Sangheili Storm that were in Halo 4...

Were they Minors, Majors, Heavies, Ultras, after all? That would be interesting.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Grim
Green-armored Unggoy are Heavies. Maybe the same applies to Sangheili.
Unggoy heavies are also reddish brown and blue. But it could be an explanation.
Imrane 117 wrote:

Were they Minors, Majors, Heavies, Ultras, after all? That would be interesting.
Wait, when were white Storm Sangheili in Halo 4?
Onyx81 wrote:
Imrane 117 wrote:

Wait, when were white Storm Sangheili in Halo 4?
They were super rare. I never saw one.
I wasn't really familiar with the different colors either, back when Halo 4 was released. It was only months later that I started learning about that.
I'd love to have some kind of way to use ships or some other ship or something.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2