Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 5-14-15: Artificial Antiquities

OP GrimBrother One

This week in Canon Fodder, we take a look at the ancient lore behind the upcoming map, Remnant.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Resvered

So... this leads me to believe that the mysterious structures near the lake are probably sort of memorials too. Warlord is also stone-like and is a memorial too. There is however a different memorial with different material used for the construction, monolith.

Hunt the truth's getting better and better, however didn't Ray say 19 years ago for the ad where it features the 56 hog? A bit confused there.

Wished the universe entries were a bit longer, but now I know what that gaseous looking glow when you activate a plasma grenade is.
I'm extremely excited about Relic! Wonder what kind of dynamic feature it'll have, if any.
I know the perfect place for the new snapshot assignment. I'll be jumping on the MCC as soon as I can :D

Edit: If any of it, what part of the description will be the game description?
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a look at the ancient lore behind the upcoming map, Remnant.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Uh-huh. Nice-looking map! I wonder if the ancient human war backstory will mean some Easter eggs in there!

Quote:
The mystery of it all made for a great example of Halo’s pervasive juxtaposition of evolved combat amidst silent serenity.
You ever think about writing a novel, Grim?

Quote:
The episode closes with a surprise visitor: FERO has arrived, and has some very specific plans for Ben and his evolving story. Trust me, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Correct. We haven't seen anything. Hunt The Truth is an audio series :P
Was hoping the issue with Ray's ad he found being 19 years old, but mentioning a '56 'Hog, would be resolved, but oh well.

Sounds like Remnant's got a few tricks up its sleeves. I'm excited to play the map, though I'm hoping it's a better version than the original (Relic had too many opened spaces, if you ask me).

Ever since Episode 5, HTT has been getting really dang intense and interesting, and I'm not surprised that it won't be getting even more intense and interesting!

Now I finally get how the Plasma Grenade doesn't stick to the thrower.
Thanks for this weeks canon fodder, Grim! It is really interesting and this just makes me all the more obsessed with this wonderful universe. :)
Quote:
One might imagine several of these spires scattered across the surface of Installation 05, such as the ones seen in both Relic and Remnant, perhaps with various styles and construction methods to represent different wars, different sacrifices, different ages.
*weeps with joy*

I now feel that my Forerunner architecture analysis is totally valid. :')

Quote:
The episode closes with a surprise visitor: FERO has arrived, and has some very specific plans for Ben and his evolving story. Trust me, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Lol. My thoughts exactly. XD ...though part of me suspects that Mr. Grim was well aware of the irony of that statement when he wrote it. ;)

Quote:
Lol. My thoughts exactly. XD ...though part of me suspects that Mr. Grim was well aware of the irony of that statement when he wrote it. ;)
;-)
Very interesting bit on Forerunner architecture. So the stone structures and temples in "Delta Halo" and "Regret" might also be ancient memorials.
Hopefully more light will be shed on other mysterious multiplayer maps from the past, keep up the good work Grim. It definitely compensates for the short Universe articles.
And I'm still waiting for the Sangheili article(s). :P
I can't wait!!!
And the plasma grenade article is great!!!
You know it never occurred to me how big grenades are. A plasma grenade covers a whole non-Spartan hand. It's the same thing when I realised Ghosts were taller than me. Must be awkward with a huge sphere covering your entire face. You know, in that second while you still have a face.
Great update! Looking forward to getting some CF snapshots. The "little details" of Remnant have me intrigued.
BTW, Does this tweet by Halo's twitter confirm FERO's identity? #HUNTtheTRUTH

Spoiler:
Show