Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 5-22-15: Witness Projection

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In this week's Canon Fodder, we give new insights into the upcoming digital short, Halo: Saint's Testimony, plus new and updated entries into the Universe section.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
FINALLY, here it is.
I hadn't expected Iona at all. This is excellent news.

Apparently, Hunters in the Dark will also reveal who the Ark's monitor is, at last. Pretty excited.
"And in case you’re wondering, yes, the redaction above was added there intentionally. Don’t be too put out however, as you might not have to wait as long as you think to fill in that bothersome blank. After all, isn’t the thrill of the hunt all part of the fun in the fiction? Stay tuned, you won’t be in the dark much longer…"

So Grim has practically confirmed that we will finally meet the AI in the upcoming novel Hunters in the Dark!!!
Quote:
[...]

And in case you’re wondering, yes, the redaction above was added there intentionally. Don’t be too put out however, as you might not have to wait as long as you think to fill in that bothersome blank. After all, isn’t the thrill of the hunt all part of the fun in the fiction? Stay tuned, you won’t be in the dark much longer…
Oh my gosh. I just got light headed. This is so great. I can't WAIT! I think this all but confirms that Halo 5 will revisit The Ark. The Guardian has got to be the monitor. And that Guardian...

I'm so excited to play this game. Oh my word.
An AI appealing her termination due to impending rampancy. Now that's an interesting idea for a story.
Hmm, Frankie's new novel sounds interesting, hopefully he doesn't try bringing up the old "Halsey the AI Slayer" trope or I'll have to hate it.
Seriously though, I like the sound of this year's fiction lineup!

As for the Ark's monitor, I'm honestly surprised that it never attempted to intervene during Halo 3's events now that we know it was active at the time. I have a very hard time accepting that the monitor of Installation 00 limited his interaction with UNSC and Covenant forces to a single exchange with 343GS given all that was going down at the time.
Grim, any chance that this presently unidentified monitor was the one glimpsed during Halo Legends: Origins Part Two at the very end? If so, that ties neatly into my theory regarding H5G and that short film.
I guess I was wrong about it being BB. Darn, I thought I had that one.

Iona definitely has had very little exposure though.
I am excited we get to see Iona reappear, but it makes me sad again thinking about Black Team being dead at this point. Now Iona is going to die too. I loved these characters, so it will be sad that they are all going to be gone now.

Still excited that we get to see her one last time. :)

And the Monitor of the Ark being in the new novel, ahh this is amazing! These canon fodders keep me happy with new lore every week! Thanks Grim and 343i!
Also, don't forget to give a cookie to whoever writes the descriptions for the War Games maps, that's a treasure trove.
So Relic is actually part of a Forerunner ship? I thought it was previously stated to be a monument to those lost during the Forerunner-Flood War.
When you find out Michael Sullivan is voiced by Crazy Steve from Drake and Josh....
This is interesting! Delta halo update is extensive. Nice.

And looking forward to Saint's testimony.

At friend's house, so shorter reply'
Why wasn't Ray voiced by Jordan Peele? Lol
Iona...intriguing.
When you find out Michael Sullivan is voiced by Crazy Steve from Drake and Josh....
LOLOL.
JJAB91 wrote:
So Relic is actually part of a Forerunner ship? I thought it was previously stated to be a monument to those lost during the Forerunner-Flood War.
Absolutely no reason it can't be both. ;-)
These canon fodders are great! Loved this week's. Still though, the days seem to grow longer as E3 draws closer. I CAN'T WAIT! I really want to know more about Halo 5. :P
I'm just ready to see what Hunters in the Dark has to offer. From the excerpt of chapter one that revealed they were on a very interesting location (go read the excerpt I won't spoil ;D) to the fact we're going to the Ark again. I'm just curious to see if it'll answer my questions about the Rubicon's mission and/or the Voi portal.

Oh Grim, why do you tease us so?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2