Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 5-30-15: Hydronium Heroes

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we celebrate the addition of Halo 3: ODST to Halo: The Master Chief Collection!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
ODST for life 💀
Very nice! The Joe Staten interview video is certainly interesting...
Dang, Grim, you're up early. And on a Saturday of all things!

Thanks for the new fodder, man. Love reading through this stuff, and like you (and Grim III and IV), I recall doing much the same on Launch Day. Today's gonna be All ODST, All the Time.
I'm so happy you could get Joseph Staten for an interview! <3
Thanks Grim, for the Saturday morning fun :)

I'm stoked to play ODST after work today! The new universe entries are looking shiny- I love the SOEIVs. Speaking of shiny, I adore all of the Firefly references in the ODST achievements lol.

What are the odds we can get DeepCee's ODS Steve referenced somewhere? That series was great and has fallen out of the public's eye.

#Browncoat4Life
Staten interview was cool. Looking forward to some more CF Snapshots.
It is going to be so much fun taking a romp through New Mombasa again after Halo 2 Anniversary.
It's nice to see more info on Mars, but I'd really like to see what Mars looks like after it's been terraformed.
Overall okay Canon fodder. The VISR article was a slap in the face though. One sentence? Come on 343 (not your fault Grim).
I liked the new canon fodder. I am super excited for ODST! Gonna go download it in a few, and will be playing it all day! Hope there are some playlists that mesh Halo 2 and ODST together in some cool chronological order. :D
Yay! So the canon fodder was nicely timed eh?
You know grim? For a long time I've wanted to know the weight of a drop pod. I wanted to know because in the babysitter Cal throws a drop pod and I wanted to see how strong she was with her weight throwing. So it's nice to know.

Nice video with Joseph Staten!

ODST is one of the ones I really like. I liked the interactive world elements, like keep right, or doors that opened. It was nice and would like stuff like that in the future.

Also, it'd be nice in the future to have articles on medigel too.
Yay, I've been waiting for it!{sounds of cheering in background}
No reveal of Shadow of Intent's cover and plot? Damn. Still, I'm really glad ODST dropped today. Also...ODSTs have their own dedicated headquarters? They aren't a separate branch, are they?
Overall okay Canon fodder. The VISR article was a slap in the face though. One sentence? Come on 343 (not your fault Grim).
Nope, you can give me some of the blame; the Universe section is ultimately under my direct charge. However, "slap in the face" is probably more than a touch hyperbolic. Ever seen an iceberg? If you have, what you really saw was about 1/8 of the whole picture. Almost everything we work on is much the same. There are tons of simultaneous projects/articles/stories/etc we are working on and every one of those things has a very real "cost" associated with, not the least of which is time. Would we like every article to have tons of info? Actually no... because there is a time and place for everything.

Rest assured, things are done for a reason, and sometimes when we want to spend more time on one thing, we have to scale back on others. I think in the grand scheme of things, an article on VISR tech is a pretty low-pri task. Especially when you remember that at its core, the Universe section is supposed to primarily be a place to get a quick look and understanding on lots of assets scattered throughout the Halo fiction over different categories. I mean, technically... every Universe article could easily be just as succinct, but we try to do as much as possible with as much as we can.

<3
Grim
Frankly I'm just happy to be getting a dedicated lore-focused updates on a weekly basis. Do we get a small amount of info in general? Sure. But between more details about the upcoming books, interviews and the popular Q&As that reveal a lot ALONG with the articles I'm firmly satisfied.
I'm torn apart between studying for exams and wanting to play H3: ODST.
Nope, you can give me some of the blame; the Universe section is ultimately under my direct charge. However, "slap in the face" is probably more than a touch hyperbolic. Ever seen an iceberg? If you have, what you really saw was about 1/8 of the whole picture. Almost everything we work on is much the same. There are tons of simultaneous projects/articles/stories/etc we are working on and every one of those things has a very real "cost" associated with, not the least of which is time. Would we like every article to have tons of info? Actually no... because there is a time and place for everything.

Rest assured, things are done for a reason, and sometimes when we want to spend more time on one thing, we have to scale back on others. I think in the grand scheme of things, an article on VISR tech is a pretty low-pri task. Especially when you remember that at its core, the Universe section is supposed to primarily be a place to get a quick look and understanding on lots of assets scattered throughout the Halo fiction over different categories. I mean, technically... every Universe article could easily be just as succinct, but we try to do as much as possible with as much as we can.

<3
Grim
//BACKGROUND NOSE//

And pair that with Hunt the Truth where we are getting plenty of lore content weekly. Time is something the writing team have little time with. But great work they are going regardless~

<3
Grim
I understand where you are coming from dear Brother Grim, only that my hunger for Halo content never stops and I always want to see stuff fully fleshed out. I wouldn't even mind if for the VISR article you copy and pasted from Halopedia because at least fans would get the right information and enough of it.

<3
Grim
I loved your Quick look of the banshee, shade, plasma pistol and all of the covie stuff. However, you could ensure that some articles had always something new to offer. Eg: High Charity was basically a recap of old info but if we had the real covenant name for it it would have been a real bonus, like with Maethrillian, Saepon'kal, Maeleesh Bazaar, QezoY'asabu, Uztet'sKelln, etc. Other than this canon fodder is a great addition to the franchise and a treat for covie fans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2