Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-10-16: Local Units

OP GrimBrother One

In this week's Canon Fodder, we thought it might be prudent to take a quick look back at the story of the original Halo Wars...

Read more here...

<3
Grim
The tease for the AV-49 !!!
Great article.

That AV-49... so mysterious. I cant wait to find out what it is in the future.
For nearly thirty years the Spirit of Fire would drift though deep space, cut off from the rest of humanity and eventually declared “lost with all hands” in February 2534.
But now, something has happened…

So Halo Wars 2 takes place in the modern era then? If that's the case, then I wonder how the Created might play into this? Serina is obviously very old by this point which means she should be experiencing rampancy. Although she was young when the Spirit of Fire was lost, which means she might not have been able to accumulate too much knowledge drifting through space. If she concentrated on keeping the crew alive, she could have staved it off for some time. Still it should affect her and Cortana's "join us and be cured" proposal would be tempting. I'd hope Serina would say no. The cost isn't worth it.
Hey Grim! Great article as always. I just thought I should let you know that there seems to be some sort of corruption in the text of the article in the sparrowhawk section. Not sure what happened, but I figured I should point it out so you could fix it right away... ;)
For nearly thirty years the Spirit of Fire would drift though deep space, cut off from the rest of humanity and eventually declared “lost with all hands” in February 2534.

So Halo Wars 2 takes place in the modern era then? If that's the case, then I wonder how the Created might play into this? Serina is obviously very old by this point which means she should be experiencing rampancy. Although she was young when the Spirit of Fire was lost, which means she might not have been able to accumulate too much knowledge drifting through space. If she concentrated on keeping the crew alive, she could have staved it off for some time. Still it should affect her and Cortana's "join us and be cured" proposal would be tempting. I'd hope Serina would say no. The cost isn't worth it.
If she put herself into stasis and lowered her non essential thought process she could have survived for for this long without becoming rampant.
Loving the Halo Wars build up. It seems like I've been waiting decades to find out the fate of Captain Cutter and co. Fingers crossed for a Special Edition version....
The Halo Wars 2 hype is unreal. I hope some of Halo Wars vehicles make it into Halo 5.
Wait so do we get experience for playing the campaign in score attack?
Can't wait monday to see gameplay of Halo Wars 2

On the other hand, she's had very little to do for all that time. I can't imagine 30 years of thinking would be good for a being of pure thought that can do who knows how much in the span of a single second.
Cortana and the created VS Serina and the Galaxy!!!!!!!!!
Hey Grim! Great article as always. I just thought I should let you know that there seems to be some sort of corruption in the text of the article in the sparrowhawk section. Not sure what happened, but I figured I should point it out so you could fix it right away... ;)
Lol sneaky! :P
L3ntPuma wrote:
The Halo Wars 2 hype is unreal. I hope some of Halo Wars vehicles make it into Halo 5.
I want to drive a Grizzly and imagine like a Locust or Vulture boss on Warzone...
Quote:
While the UNSC Spirit of Fire would escape the Shield World’s destruction, it did so at great cost – the ship’s own slipspace drive having been used to bring down the ancient construct. For nearly thirty years the Spirit of Fire would drift though deep space, cut off from the rest of humanity and eventually declared “lost with all hands” in February 2534.

But now, something has happened
So does this confirm it does indeed take place after Halo 5? Or does it confirm that it takes place 3 years after the events of HW1 with that whole "lost with all hands" thing? I'm so confused. But I'm very curious, if the game does take place after Halo 5, then why the statement in 2534?

Quote:
Deployed toward the end of the Harvest campaign, the AV-22 Sparrowhawk shares a number of similarities with its aerodyne siblings – the AV-14 Hornet, AV-19 SkyHawk, AV-30 Kestrel, and AV-49 [DATA CORRUPTION! REBUILD IN PROGRESS . . .] – among others.
There's that AV-49 mentioned again. My curiosity heightens!

Nice Canon Fodder, as always. Never disappoints. Though I'm sure this next one is going to be very, very sweet.
Halo Maaan wrote:
Quote:
While the UNSC Spirit of Fire would escape the Shield World’s destruction, it did so at great cost – the ship’s own slipspace drive having been used to bring down the ancient construct. For nearly thirty years the Spirit of Fire would drift though deep space, cut off from the rest of humanity and eventually declared “lost with all hands” in February 2534.
But now, something has happened
So does this confirm it does indeed take place after Halo 5? Or does it confirm that it takes place 3 years after the events of HW1 with that whole "lost with all hands" thing? I'm so confused. But I'm very curious, if the game does take place after Halo 5, then why the statement in 2534?
UNSC FLEETCOM declared it 'lost with all hands' on 10 February 2534.
Quote:
10 February 2534-The UNSC designates Spirit of Fire as "lost with all hands." The previous designation of "missing" had given hope to family and friends. The reason for the change is classified top secret. A memorial service is held for the crew, but many prominent family members do not attend, holding out hope that their loved ones are still alive.
The AV-49..... It's the Wasp! The new UNSC Air vehicle for Warzone Firefight!
Just fanstastic