Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-17-16: Surface Features

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a peek a Halo Wars 2 and chat upcoming Firefight fiction.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
So the Spirit of Fire drifted to the Ark. Coincidence?
1. New Banshee looks nice.
2. I like the new armor as well, particularly the Cinder.
3. It's nice to see the Brutes are experiencing a renaissance, I just hope they don't nuke themselves back to the stone age... AGAIN.
4. The new Sangheili map is going to be amazing. Of course it looks like the bases we fight in will still be UNSC based, but them sitting among Sangheili ruins will be nice anyway. Will there be any story reason for this? Like, were the UNSC allowed to set up in this region for some random diplomatic reason or are these bases set up because the UNSC and Sangheili are united against the Created at the end of Halo 5? I'd still love a Covenant, (purple), themed map for Warzone someday.
5. I don't see anything new on that Ark page. I assume it's just posted to remind people about the Ark since it's going to play an important role again. Someday I'd like to see that page updated to include all the Wargame maps from Halo 3. Also, I still find it interesting that the Forerunner page mentions the Ark was their final Homeworld. I wonder what that means...

Edit

6. Today's news explained why Cutter and Anders received new voice actors, but what about Serina? Is she still alive and voiced by Courtenay Taylor?
Haha I see what you did there with the "Arrival" title (one of my favorite tracks from H4). So, the only remaining question about Halo Wars 2 I have, other than the ones already asked, is Atriox's name. I know the Jiralhanae have different Skeins, or cultural meta-clans, and each have their own "coming of age" suffix added to their name once they have come to age, such as a "us," like Maccabeus or Tartarus. So, what skein did Atriox come from? Did he drop his suffix, and was once Atrioxus, or Atrioxum? Or is the "ox," the suffix for his skein? Ugh, this is what happens when a new character is introduced.......haha.

Anyways, Halo Wars DE huh? And new in depth lore along with it.......sounds good to me. The more the merrier right? I wonder if the cutscenes will also be reimagined.

Cool Banshee. It's like it's on fire, which is really awesome. Nice Armor too. Would have been nice if I had the Cyclops helmet in Halo 3 ODST, but oh well hehe. And oh, Cinder armor. Insert Dark Souls 3 reference here.

I gotta wonder if the Jiralhanae Renaissance is influenced by the Created, or will play into the Created. And if the Banished are a reason or are also influenced by the Renaissance. And, if it has anything to do with what the Mysterious Shipmaster was talking about in "The Return." About how Sangheili are still fighting Jiralhanae in 2559.

And finally the new map. I like the description, and it's sad to see such ancient history just blown away and almost forgotten about. People like Professor Phillips would absolutely eat that stuff up if it were still existing.

Nice Canon Fodder Grim as always! Thank you.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
1)Nice to see a Sangheili map and delve into their history.
2)Sangheili script spotted on the map.
3)What era in human years did the Sangheili launch prices from this location and when was FTL discovered by them?
Personally I'm a bit over the use of actor's faces for video game characters. One of the strengths of a CGI medium is that the characters can look unique, not confined to looking like actors. If everyone was to do this with every character we'd have games with identical characters and it would become a little bland. I understand the advantages of facial capture in terms of performances, but it doesn't mean that a character has to be identical to the actor portraying them. With Cutter specifically I think it was a odd choice. He appears to have gotten younger, and lost his distinctive moustache.

Just some thoughts from a budding 3D modeller.

Storywise, everything is sounding interesting. It's nice to see some new faces and some more insights on the shape of the universe before, during and after the war with the Covenant.

With Halo Wars 2 now coming in 2017 this will be a rare year without a release, unless we get a surprise Xbox One port of Spartan Strike (hint hint).
I hope not. There is no way in hell the SoF drifted 200,000 light years and then just so happened to end up at the Ark. Even if that did happen it would take millions and millions of years to do so.
Nice interview!
I wonder what the temple banshee does. What makes it different? But it has a nice story behind it. And so does the sangheilios map! As well as the brute renessance. I'm excited for the upcoming update!

Happy Father's Day to you grim!
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
3)What era in human years did the Sangheili launch prices from this location and when was FTL discovered by them?
The FTL had to have been discovered after the Elites and Prophets formed their truce.
JJAB91 wrote:
I hope not. There is no way in hell the SoF drifted 200,000 light years and then just so happened to end up at the Ark. Even if that did happen it would take millions and millions of years to do so.
Guess we'll have to wait and find out.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
Seeing as to how the Sangheili-San Shyuum War started in 938 BC, and both sides already had Slipspace capabilities by then, it would be logical to assume that the Sangheili had discovered the technology at least a few hundred years earlier. Factoring in the time needed to establish dozens of colonies and develop early plasma weaponry. In human history, that would be around the time Ancient Egypt was at the height of its power and influence.

TGLT BL4cK wrote:
The FTL had to have been discovered after the Elites and Prophets formed their truce.
Incorrect, Broken Circle states that the Sangheili had Slipspace capabilities long before the end of the war.

As for the Halo Wars 2 news, I'm guessing the 'new friends' that the crew of the Spirit of Fire meet are the UNSC personnel stationed on the Ark after the events of Hunters in the Dark. Also hyped for the new Sanghelios warzone map, should be a fresh change of aesthetics.
Hey Grim! Do you have any idea if there will be an concept art book about Halo Wars 2?
Greatly written as always
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
Seeing as to how the Sangheili-San Shyuum War started in 938 BC, and both sides already had Slipspace capabilities by then, it would be logical to assume that the Sangheili had discovered the technology at least a few hundred years earlier. Factoring in the time needed to establish dozens of colonies and develop early plasma weaponry. In human history, that would be around the time Ancient Egypt was at the height of its power and influence.

TGLT BL4cK wrote:
Incorrect, Broken Circle states that the Sangheili had Slipspace capabilities long before the end of the war.

As for the Halo Wars 2 news, I'm guessing the 'new friends' that the crew of the Spirit of Fire meet are the UNSC personnel stationed on the Ark after the events of Hunters in the Dark. Also hyped for the new Sanghelios warzone map, should be a fresh change of aesthetics.
Would allow for some post war tech if that's the reason
My hype for Halo Wars 2 is so freaking real! Cannot wait to finally pick up were the Spirit Of Fire left off!

That interview was a noice read. Always love seeing behind-the-scenes stuff when it comes to Halo.

So the Temple Banshee is basically as close as I'm going to get to a Honor Guard Banshee. I'll take it!
Though I'm curious as to what will make it special.

So Cinder's armor description sounds pretty hot (pun intended).

Cannot wait to play Warzone on Sangheilios! And to use those new Brute Plasma Rifle variants!
Halo Maaan wrote:

So the Temple Banshee is basically as close as I'm going to get to a Honor Guard Banshee. I'll take it!
Though I'm curious as to what will make it special.
Instead of Banshee Bombs, it fires a Forerunner super-nuke that obliterates the entire map, killing all bosses and players instantly, destroys their copies of Halo 5 (even if it's digital), and crashes power grids around the globe. A story will be written about its devastating power each time a player uses one, and copies of Halo 5 will become feared as certified WMD's.
Now I want a Forge Canvas or a Warzone level taking place on the Ark..........
I am looking forward to the release of both warzone firefight and halo wars two
JJAB91 wrote:
Guess we'll have to wait and find out.
Didn't the first game (never played it since I really don't enjoy nor am good at RTS games) take place earlier in the series? And HW2 is now going to be after H5? So then, the characters are still alive? But how? Would they even have food on board to last many many years? And didn't the Flood do something? Even if I'll never play this, I'm hoping that 343i stops overdoing the use of the Ark(s). Big whoop, many characters are visiting one or the other like it's no big deal, now...
What about the events of Hunters in the Dark? Will we see Retrievers?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2