Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-19-15: Under Locke & Keynote

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week, we take a closer look at a new enemy, and unveil a bit more livery lore.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Reserved. :)

Edit: YES perfect timing! :D

Edit edit: I'm leaving the reserved up there as a badge of honor :P Wonderful article, thanks Grim. I have two questions: (I'm aware you probably won't be able to answer anything and that's fine. I'm just very curious by nature and will ask anyway.)

Will we be seeing more of this baffled technology and a bit more specifics on how it works? It was implied to be used in HTT and now is on the prowler page.

Does this imply that the soldier "prometheans" are not really prometheans but a builder construct? Are the guardians also builder constructs? Is Halo 5 a battle against the builders where Halo 4 was a battle against the warrior-servant caste?
Honestly wasnt sure if I liked the appearance of the Soldiers, but I really like how the one here looks.

Also glad we got some info on the, before the rumour-mill went nuts.
Honestly wasnt sure if I liked the appearance of the Soldiers, but I really like how the one here looks.

Also glad we got some info on the, before the rumour-mill went nuts.
Wow that is a great image.
Forerunner Soldiers look really cool. Great article!
Quote:
I remember sitting in the audience at the Xbox Keynote presentation at E3 2013 watching the wind passing over the dunes of an alien world, kicking up sand and stone in its wake. I remember a hulking hooded figure lumbering heavily – yet almost effortlessly – across the landscape. I remember something stirring in me, crying out that this wasn’t just another game trailer. I remember seeing an all-too-familiar Mjolnir gauntlet emerge out from the folds of a tattered cloak, and watching a lifeless AI storage chip tumble from a hero’s hands. I remember a monstrous and ancient construct razing the surrounding rock when it rose from beneath the ground, representing a mystery that felt might take an eternity to solve. I remember losing my mind.
All overdramatic prose aside, you surprised me there, Grim. Were you really not with 343i at the time of E3 2013? Wow!
I guess things can change in an awful hurry! OK then, Grim, as soon as you have an opening for a writer with no professional experience, no qualifications or training, and nothing but a little bit of talent (I think) and a love of Halo, let me know! I'll send you my pitifully short resume :P

And the bit about the Promethean Soldiers was neat, I wondered if they were related to Armigers when I first read Hunters In The Dark. Grim, are they being manufactured at the Absolute Record? If so, I imagine that Jul, Halsey and the Infinity are responsible for awakening the Guardians and reactivating the Soldiers. Come to think of it, that makes plenty of sense... Hmm. Maybe too much sense. I'll bet you're tricking us all, you sneak, you! First it was the Fake-Romeo-Tanaka bit, now this! AARGH :)
Anyhow, great Canon Fodder. I must admit to being a bit underwhelmed by the initial Halo E3 presentation, but everything unveiled since then has been absolutely top-notch! Bravo, Grim!
No, not that Bravo, the other one.

PS: I'm surprised you guys didn't announce that port I've been anticipating. You know, the one fans have been pestering you all about for a long time. You know, that Apple Watch port for H5G.

Edit edit: I'm leaving the reserved up there as a badge of honor :P Wonderful article, thanks Grim. I have two questions: (I'm aware you probably won't be able to answer anything and that's fine. I'm just very curious by nature and will ask anyway.)

Will we be seeing more of this baffled technology and a bit more specifics on how it works? It was implied to be used in HTT and now is on the prowler page.

Does this imply that the soldier "prometheans" are not really prometheans but a builder construct? Are the guardians also builder constructs? Is Halo 5 a battle against the builders where Halo 4 was a battle against the warrior-servant caste?
Don't take it quite so directly :-) Just like a "Marine Helicopter" isn't necessarily a Marine itself, certain Soldier variants might be sometimes called "Promethean Soldiers" because they were once employed by Promethean forces. Knights are imbued with composed, once-living essences, whereas Armigers - such as the Soldier variants - are pure construct.

Grim

Don't take it quite so directly :-) Just like a "Marine Helicopter" isn't necessarily a Marine itself, certain Soldier variants might be sometimes called "Promethean Soldiers" because they were once employed by Promethean forces. Knights are imbued with composed, once-living essences, whereas Armigers - such as the Soldier variants - are pure construct.

Grim
Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to what the future holds! :) Have a great weekend!
Hood is younger than I thought. I had assumed he was in the same group as parangosky, really old with lots of power. Seems like he's just normal old with lots of power.
Is the Warden Eternal a construct like the soldiers or is he imbued with the essence of a Forerunner?
So Prometheans can be corrupted by the Logic Plague...
Anirudh07 wrote:
So Prometheans can be corrupted by the Logic Plague...
No. He was referring to the Armigers, not the Didact's composed Promethean constructs.
Ah, I was late for the canon fodder so I didn't get my post reserved.

Ah, so interesting those are the armigers. I did wonder if there was a connection. I do wonder how effective were they. I'm really interested on the effectiveness of forerunner constructs in ancient wars against the flood and humans and so on. I hope we get more information on this later on.

What I'm kind of theorizing for the knights, crawlers and watchers is that they are not purposely overly though to prevent infection from the logic plague, more like disposable units in case of flood infection. I'd imagine the forerunner warriors and builder security themselves to be pretty strong against weaponry as seen with the Didact.

I wonder if the armigers too were treated in similar manner, not necessarily overly strong as they might have been simple aids, and such viewed as disposable.

Maybe we're also viewing this with the wrong angle. Perhaps energy shielding works in different ways. I suppose the thing people wonder is like, how can we fight these forerunner constructs without them destroying us? But I suppose the answer might lie in the nature and design and philosophy of those constructs themselves. We have seen the awesome power of the onyx sentinels.

Also Prowler with forerunner camo ooo!

Also happy 1 year anniversary at 343!
erickyboo wrote:
Ah, I was late for the canon fodder so I didn't get my post reserved.

Ah, so interesting those are the armigers. I did wonder if there was a connection. I do wonder how effective were they. I'm really interested on the effectiveness of forerunner constructs in ancient wars against the flood and humans and so on. I hope we get more information on this later on.

What I'm kind of theorizing for the knights, crawlers and watchers is that they are not purposely overly though to prevent infection from the logic plague, more like disposable units in case of flood infection. I'd imagine the forerunner warriors and builder security themselves to be pretty strong against weaponry as seen with the Didact.

I wonder if the armigers too were treated in similar manner, not necessarily overly strong as they might have been simple aids, and such viewed as disposable.

Maybe we're also viewing this with the wrong angle. Perhaps energy shielding works in different ways. I suppose the thing people wonder is like, how can we fight these forerunner constructs without them destroying us? But I suppose the answer might lie in the nature and design and philosophy of those constructs themselves. We have seen the awesome power of the onyx sentinels.

Also Prowler with forerunner camo ooo!

Also happy 1 year anniversary at 343!
Sorry for stealing your reserved spot lol. I really hope we see the power of Onxy style sentinels in-game someday... That would be amazing.
Great article as always =). Nice info on the Promethean Soldiers and the Armigers. I must admit that I am fascinated with the Warden Eternal!!
Moreover, regarding the universe entries this week, I have always been intrigued about s the type of ship we saw in The Package, what is it? And what about the Red Horse’s class?
great article! My only issue is with the fact we can take down promethean soldiers with relative ease in the games, but they were supposed to be effective at killing ancient humans? That feels like a major discrepancy.
Heh Ewok.

NOW I remember what I wanted the last canon fodder to include.
It'd be nice to have a section on Spartan strike/Spartan assault armour abilities at some point, teleport, repel, stun blast, etc.
Pretty pretty please?
Part of me can't help but wonder how much of Mr. Grim's week is spent just mulling over what pun to use for the title of the week's Canon Fodder... ;)

Thanks for the excellent content as always! It's great to know a little more about the Promethean Soldiers ahead of time, and I really liked the bit in Hood's bio about how he handled the government after the end of the Human-Covenant War (hopefully he stays around in the Halo Universe for a good while longer, I think we're really gonna need him in the near future).
Part of me can't help but wonder how much of Mr. Grim's week is spent just mulling over what pun to use for the title of the week's Canon Fodder... ;)

Thanks for the excellent content as always! It's great to know a little more about the Promethean Soldiers ahead of time, and I really liked the bit in Hood's bio about how he handled the government after the end of the Human-Covenant War (hopefully he stays around in the Halo Universe for a good while longer, I think we're really gonna need him in the near future).
It's the most vital part of my week. ;-)
That time already. Lord this week has gone fast... less than a week for the next issue of halo escalation, less than a month till comic con and only...😥... 128 days, 14hrs and 40 odd minutes until Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3