4. ...
  5. 3
Spoiler:
Show
Make this wish come true, Grim.
Spoiler:
Show

When I read this I interpreted your meaning literally for a second, and was very confused. XD
Spoiler:
Show

When I read this I interpreted your meaning literally for a second, and was very confused. XD
Lol you guys are goofy.

Thanks for the canon fodder, Grim. Always a highlight of my day to read them.
Spoiler:
Show

Lol you guys are goofy.

Thanks for the canon fodder, Grim. Always a highlight of my day to read them.
I aim to please.
great article! My only issue is with the fact we can take down promethean soldiers with relative ease in the games, but they were supposed to be effective at killing ancient humans? That feels like a major discrepancy.
This has been bugging me for a long time. Why Prometheans are so weak? Surely Forerunners could have made them have powerful shields or something like that? Was it because of fear they could turn against them? Even their weapons are weak. At least against other enemmies than flood.
juhoxxx wrote:
great article! My only issue is with the fact we can take down promethean soldiers with relative ease in the games, but they were supposed to be effective at killing ancient humans? That feels like a major discrepancy.
This has been bugging me for a long time. Why Prometheans are so weak? Surely Forerunners could have made them have powerful shields or something like that? Was it because of fear they could turn against them? Even their weapons are weak. At least against other enemmies than flood.
A - Gameplay does not necessarily equal exact 1:1 canonical attributes; sometimes you structure things from a game design perspective because you need it to fit within various fun/difficulty curves.

B - You act like the Soldier variant pictured in CF is the only one you'll encounter in the game...

<3
Grim
If you think the Prometheans are weak, you all must not have discovered the Crawlers weakness to red laser pointers. Keeps 'em busy for hours.
Cool soldiers, but the most relevant questions about article: 'Who are those 2 women in picture about sprint race?'
juhoxxx wrote:
A - Gameplay does not necessarily equal exact 1:1 canonical attributes; sometimes you structure things from a game design perspective because you need it to fit within various fun/difficulty curves.

B - You act like the Soldier variant pictured in CF is the only one you'll encounter in the game...

<3
Grim
Yay! thank you for saying this!
Now allow me to link to this quote...
erickyboo wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim
Yay! thank you for saying this!
Now allow me to link to this quote...
Um, you're welcome? Lol
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim
Still doesn't explain how Palmer was one-shotting Knights with an M6 Magnum... You can't really use gameplay as an explanation there :P
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim
Still doesn't explain how Palmer was one-shotting Knights with an M6 Magnum... You can't really use gameplay as an explanation there :P
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim
I would suspect that the Soldiers were designed to be more disposable. Given the name "Armiger", would I be wrong in assuming they fill a support role to the Warrior-Servants?

Also, for those wondering how the UNSC is capable of combating Forerunner constructs, don't forget that Spartan's MJOLNIR actually ranks on the Forerunner Combat-Skin system. We know so very little about the rating system, but given that line from CE, I would think that Spartans are equivalent to low-level Warrior-Servants.
Onyx81 wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim
I would suspect that the Soldiers were designed to be more disposable. Given the name "Armiger", would I be wrong in assuming they fill a support role to the Warrior-Servants?

Also, for those wondering how the UNSC is capable of combating Forerunner constructs, don't forget that Spartan's MJOLNIR actually ranks on the Forerunner Combat-Skin system. We know so very little about the rating system, but given that line from CE, I would think that Spartans are equivalent to low-level Warrior-Servants.
You would not be wrong. And in reality, not even just to the Warrior-Servants themselves. As noted in the given lore string, when the Flood hit the fan during the Didact's original meditation vacation (pre-Bornstellar alarm clock), the Forerunner ecumene found they would be quickly outgunned relying on Builder Security and the remaining now-reduced Warrior Servant rate. Reinstating the production of various types of Armiger would prove invaluable - even if inevitably irrelevant. Once the logic plague started turning many of them into a liability, one can imagine most of the remaining would be placed in a state of dormancy to prevent further damage/corruption.
Onyx81 wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:

<3
Grim

You would not be wrong. And in reality, not even just to the Warrior-Servants themselves. As noted in the given lore string, when the Flood hit the fan during the Didact's original meditation vacation (pre-Bornstellar alarm clock), the Forerunner ecumene found they would be quickly outgunned relying on Builder Security and the remaining now-reduced Warrior Servant rate. Reinstating the production of various types of Armiger would prove invaluable - even if inevitably irrelevant. Once the logic plague started turning many of them into a liability, one can imagine most of the remaining would be placed in a state of dormancy to prevent further damage/corruption.
Very interesting. Thanks for the added clarity!

The lore behind them has been unexpected for me, because based on the name, I thought they were heavily tied to the Knights. Regardless, the name of the constructs fits in very nicely with the Prometheans.
As soon as the Armigers in Hunters In The Dark were described, I immediately thought of the Soldiers. Nice to hear the confirmation that they are the same.
(*crosses fingers* Please have those Energy Staves useable in Halo 5)

So the Soldiers are AI, but not like the Sentinels/Crawlers, but more like Monitors. Cool.
Bit of a scary thought though to know that the Soldiers can fall to the Logic Plauge. But kind of a cool thought of seeing a Knight fight a corrupted Soldier though.
Nice to get answers.Grim, you're the best!
Still I'm not totally happy with canon =/= gameplay answer. I haven't found anywhere else any hints how strong promertheans are. I haven't read Hunters in the dark though.

I would prefer canonical explanation in the future why low tech weapons are able break these costructs. Hard to play a game and feel like being really there if canon and gameplay are in conflict.
juhoxxx wrote:
Nice to get answers.Grim, you're the best!
Still I'm not totally happy with canon =/= gameplay answer. I haven't found anywhere else any hints how strong promertheans are. I haven't read Hunters in the dark though.

I would prefer canonical explanation in the future why low tech weapons are able break these costructs. Hard to play a game and feel like being really there if canon and gameplay are in conflict.
Probably not the best answer in the world, but the Knights were designed to self-destruct if damaged heavily enough. This was to prevent the flood from utilizing their bodies as weapons. The threshold of damage to destruction might have been low in order to prevent scenarios where the flood could have injured one enough to study it for weaknesses or hijack it.
Speaking of Armiger variants...

You guys should be watching The Sprint: Road to E3. ;-)
<3
Grim
Don't have windows 8.1 or a xbox one currently. That and my internet's so meh they'd never look like that in a live video.

I take it 8.1 stuff will work on windows 10 right?

Also, the warriors are beautiful. I was never a fan of the Knight, but these seem to get killer humanoid forerunner robot so right.

Sort of curious why forerunners like skull imagery so much though. I guess some morbid reflection of their dieing civilization.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3