Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-24-16: Buzz Generating

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a look at the UNSC Wasp, the Grunt Goblin, and other Warzone Firefight fiction.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Though they'll likely still be cannon fodder for the Created, I do have to root for those little Grunts. One day, I hope to have a Grunt be a Warthog gunner for me in the campaign. There are some in the Swords of Sanghelios, it can happen. It'd also be funny to see the self-proclaimed biologist Gribyam match wits with Dr. Halsey...or more accurately frustrate Halsey.
First pic of molten and the H2 beam rifle detailed! That grunt terminal from H2A was pretty sad looking back. Damn that was a really emotional moment for the grunts. *Sheds tear*
Where are the Unggoy getting blamite from?
Seeing the AV-49 makes me want to see the insignia for the UNSC Air Force. I mentioned this on the Archive the other day, but I'd like to see an Air Force AV-49A. Paint it grayish-silver with a gold tinted canopy, (reminiscent of modern F-22 Raptors), and stick the Air Force logo on the side. I think it would look really neat that way.

No mention of Regret's Fleet finding the Luminary on Meridian? It looked like there might be a pretty big facility down there and I'm curious to know if the UNSC or Liang-Dortmund Corporation found and secured that site post-war. Dialog in Halo 5 suggests the UNSC still doesn't know about it, since Osiris knew of no records indicating Forerunner anything on Meridian. Then again they didn't know how Halsey lost her arm either, so maybe something like that is just above their pay grade? Either way, I'd be curious to know what Forerunner thingamabobs might still be down there.
The grunt goblin description was good. Didn't know Covenant dialogue was a late addition.
Oooooo. I am wondering if the grunt goblin is indeed a result of the created's help .

Im curious. Does the beam rifle have any difference to the current default one? And what's the difference between the alpha and the sword of the faithful? The delta sounds like fun! I like those weapons.

What happened to the HQ after the guardian Rose?

Interesting that tribute holds shipyards again.
Great canon fodder. I love the grunty lore. Fills that grunty thirst ;)

Side question. Seeing as it minor really I dont mind if its skipped by.
Seeing as the variants of covenant weapons seen in Halo for the most dont follow their Halo 3 counterarts desigms. Does that mean its a variant created for the Prophet of Truth like the Brute Plasma Rifle? Or are they variants that existed before but the prophets didnt use them?
For example the Halo 2 beam rifle has a slightly different design than in Halo 3.
Link doesn't seem to load for me. Had to go through font page.
Wait hold up. If Ruthersburg is an outer colony then how is it in a spur with a trade route between Sol and Epsilon Eridani? Both inner colonies? Shouldn't they be very, very far apart? Thats like saying China is on a trade route between Germany and France.
JJAB91 wrote:
Wait hold up. If Ruthersburg is an outer colony then how is it in a spur with a trade route between Sol and Epsilon Eridani? Both inner colonies? Shouldn't they be very, very far apart? Thats like saying China is on a trade route between Germany and France.
I'm not really clear on the concept of slipspace routes in the first place. How do you find more routes when it's a form of travel that involves ripping inter dimensional holes in space and time and traveling in a more or less straight line? According to Cortana in CE, you can't do much manoeuvring in slipspace, so what does a new route entail?
JJAB91 wrote:
I'm not really clear on the concept of slipspace routes in the first place. How do you find more routes when it's a form of travel that involves ripping inter dimensional holes in space and time and traveling in a more or less straight line? According to Cortana in CE, you can't do much manoeuvring in slipspace, so what does a new route entail?
I always imagined there were subtle "trails" in slipspace that a ship could kinda steer into to help them along.
One of the things that I liked most about the campaign was the enemy dialogue, and it was cool to get a behind the scenes look at its development. I can't wait for the Firefight update; it looks like so much fun.
JJAB91 wrote:
I always imagined there were subtle "trails" in slipspace that a ship could kinda steer into to help them along.
The forerunners seem to know of such things in the forerunner saga. It's unclear if humans do.

Then again, humans could just be using it anyway. A lot seems to suggest that distances in normal space dont match those of slipspace at all.
L3ntPuma wrote:
One of the things that I liked most about the campaign was the enemy dialogue, and it was cool to get a behind the scenes look at its development. I can't wait for the Firefight update; it looks like so much fun.
One of the few good things about Halo 5's campaign if you ask me.
Seeing the AV-49 makes me want to see the insignia for the UNSC Air Force. I mentioned this on the Archive the other day, but I'd like to see an Air Force AV-49A. Paint it grayish-silver with a gold tinted canopy, (reminiscent of modern F-22 Raptors), and stick the Air Force logo on the side. I think it would look really neat that way.
This would make my day.

Grimm thank you for an amazing Cannon Fodder as always. Sadly due to Basic Cadet Training this will be my last one for awhile, but I cannot wait to see what has come up in the fall.

Maybe you could consider doing an Air Force one sometime? That would make my day when I get back on the internet in August/September.

Thank you Grimm
erickyboo wrote:
Oooooo. I am wondering if the grunt goblin is indeed a result of the created's help .

Im curious. Does the beam rifle have any difference to the current default one? And what's the difference between the alpha and the sword of the faithful? The delta sounds like fun! I like those weapons.

What happened to the HQ after the guardian Rose?

Interesting that tribute holds shipyards again.
The H2 beam rifle's beam impacts a target and triggers a singularity that after a bit explodes, it also has a very slow rate of fire.
Gotta love the Goblin! Can't wait to take one out for a spin in the near future. They have to be the result of the Created's assistance, they look too much like a Cyclop or that armor prototype in Halo Legends. Now I want to see a variant with the Halo CE Fuel Rod cannon.

Good job Grim!
Glad you all are enjoying the latest issue! Looking forward to seeing many of you on the Firefight battlefields.

<3
Grim
The seems cool and at least the Goblin has summary of how it was made.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2