Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-25-15: In the Zone

OP GrimBrother One

This week we take a look a what it means to be a boss in Warzone.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
First post grab!

The clarification on the armor of the Arbiter is much appreciated by the way.

Also, as for the Wargames simulation, can you confirm that the simulation now utilizes hard light? During one of the videos for the Warzone Hololens experience, it was said that simulation uses hard light to construct the battlefield.
So, are we expected to earn achievements as we get to play Warzone depending on how easy or hard it is.

Also, when we do get to see more armor abiltiites to return in the future like armor lock or new abilities like summoning overshield
I am indeed interesting in the backstory for those bosses! I'm also interested in the variants of the weapons in the requisition packs. Would be interesting to know more about the MA5D RECON with the energy bayonet.

It's interesting that humans have gotten the equipment for fuel rods, very interesting indeed!
I was relieved to know that the warzone marines are AI and not actual marines... I've watched a lot of warzone gameplay and... I feel bad about those marines... There's something so satisfactory to watch them get killed but also... I feel bad for them.

One thing though, do all gravity hammers have pull abilities and vortexes and such? Or just explicitly commissioned ones like the Brute Army commander from halo wars and Tartarus?
Thanks for the cool new lore info. I've got a few questions:
Will the Warzone maps be forgeable? If they are, will that include the placement and number of AI combatants that can be on the map?
Also, will we be seeing a second season of Spartan Ops in Halo 5?
I'd be interested in getting a more in-depth technical explanation of how War Games works from a lore standpoint sometime. Like, how much of it is physical and tangible and how much is virtual reality? For instance it's hard to see some of the huge Warzone maps being projected in their entirety inside the Infinity unless the holodeck area really is just that huge. And what about taking damage, dying and respawning, or more specific enemy-related stuff that would require fully realistic physics and physical properties, like Palmer ripping a Hunter to pieces in the latest Escalation issue?
Forethought WARGAMES Simulations - Warzone boss queries:
  • Is the Knight Strategos, the Promethean Strategos from the Forerunner Saga?
  • Is Baron'Sraom, related to or affiliated with N'tho 'Sraom in any way, besides being from the same house?
  • Is their going to be better names for the Bosses in Warzone, rather than "insert generic role" commander?
  • Would love to see Warzone Bosses expanded upon in the next issue of canon fodder.
  • Who is Master Intex? Is the construct a Forerunner ancilla, in command of a Forerunner Phaeton?
  • Is there going to more Bosses in the final build of Halo 5: Guardians? Besides the ones we know of?
I was hoping we could find out why fuel rod shots bounce. Its a funny feature for safety I guess?. Though some insist this makes it the worst gun ever. Of all time.
MPMixx wrote:
I was hoping we could find out why fuel rod shots bounce. Its a funny feature for safety I guess?. Though some insist this makes it the worst gun ever. Of all time.
The ammunition may function similarly to a 40mm grenade, which isn't armed until it has traveled a certain distance (15m or so).
I'm surprised you guys used images from Halo 3 and Halo 4 in the gravity hammer article, why not Reach instead of 3?
Yay! Got my question answered! Thanks, Grim!
Quote:
Q: Are the marines featured in the Warzone gametype real humans learning how to fight alongside superior soldier (Spartans) or are they AI simulations just like the Covenant/Prometheans?
- USS Galactica
A: The UNSC Marines that assist the Spartan fireteams in the Warzone scenarios are AI-driven components of the simulation, and are not live participants of the training, both practically and fictionally
Grim. I really love that Red Banshee. Its pretty cool if you ask me. Maybe we will get a lore explaination for it being red. Much like how the Heretic Banshees are different lore wise to the regular Banshees. ^^
CIA391 wrote:
Grim. I really love that Red Banshee. Its pretty cool if you ask me. Maybe we will get a lore explaination for it being red. Much like how the Heretic Banshees are different lore wise to the regular Banshees. ^^
I think it was explained.

"For training purposes, these Bosses are identified by specific colorations within Warzone to indicate their threat level."
Onyx81 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

"For training purposes, these Bosses are identified by specific colorations within Warzone to indicate their threat level."
Correct.
Quote:
Onyx81 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Correct.
Thank you. Shame its not its own variant. :/
New CF, thanks for the update! Looking forward to next Escalation.
Will the Warzone maps be forgeable? If they are, will that include the placement and number of AI combatants that can be on the map?
The answer to both, unfortunately, is no. It has been confirmed that there is no forge for this game type.

Also I have a question for if anyone knows. Can I go into War Zone with just one team of guys, to make it PvE? Or does it only work with two teams?
Boba772 wrote:
The answer to both, unfortunately, is no. It has been confirmed that there is no forge for this game type.

Also I have a question for if anyone knows. Can I go into War Zone with just one team of guys, to make it PvE? Or does it only work with two teams?
It only works with Matchmaking, and thus must have two teams of Spartans...
I'm excited to hear more about the lore behind the bosses that are going to be appearing in Warzone. I think it'll make them more... personal to fight.

The Arbiter armor issue has always bugged me ever since Halo Wars was released. I'm glad to finally hear the clarification what's been up with that!

The Absolute Record arc is definitely going to be amazing!
I still can't believe Sali 'Nyon still has forces hidden within Jul's Covenant. I would think their living god's forces working for Jul would be enough to get rid of any doubt.
Halo Maaan wrote:
I'm excited to hear more about the lore behind the bosses that are going to be appearing in Warzone. I think it'll make them more... personal to fight.
Me too. I find it really interesting that Baron 'Sroam has the same lineage as Ntho' Sroam. I really want to find out if they know each other in any way.