Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 6-5-15: HEV-EN Sent

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we drop deeper into the fiction surrounding Halo 3: ODST.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Love hearing from Joe. This along with his commentary video was so fascinating to hear, and his insight is really unique and articulate.
calling it now Sadie Endesha... Red Spartan!
It's always interesting to learn more about the Needler and its ammunition. It has always intrigued me ever since Halo: CE's original manual.
Don't quit your day job.
"smoky saxophone”<3

As usual, awesome stuff Grim, but even more so this week with all the ODST goodies. Caught the first hour of the momocon panel, still need to catch the rest. Keith is such a great speaker though :)
Very much looking forward to hearing more from Joe towards the end of the year as we get closer to Shadow of Intent's release. I recall Corrinne Robinson said in a Bulletin that authors who write for Halo get to choose what area of the fiction they want to write about, so it's very interesting that Joe went for a Sangheili-centric story when one of his original ideas for ODST was actually a game about Thel.
Interesting canon fodder. I was kinda hoping Sadie would get a Universe entry. Maybe something to consider in an upcoming canon fodder? :)
Don't quit your day job.
haha... if anything my outrageous guess has confirmed something.
Don't quit your day job.
Calling it now: Jeff Easterling...Red Spartan!
Haha.

I liked listening to Sadie's story. It was a nice piece of fiction.
I really got interested in the needler article. If I remember correctly, the needles are charged when they exit so they don't supercombine when they're on the gun right? Which makes sense when you take into account using those needles as energy storage devices. It makes me wonder if those crystals are not a natural formation. Maybe the forerunners made them as a means to fight the flood. Funny thing though is that they are particularly effective in gameplay against shielded enemies, and promethean knights. Needlers are cool. I wonder if the huragoks can also make the ammo.

Also Jess asked my question! And Steve Downes answered yay!

It also might be good to do a bigger canon fodder next week with a variety of information to help and cover lots of little lore bits so we can discuss them before the big E3 craze.
Don't quit your day job.
CRAP. SECRET'S OUT.
erickyboo wrote:
Haha.

I really got interested in the needler article. If I remember correctly, the needles are charged when they exit so they don't supercombine when they're on the gun right? Which makes sense when you take into account using those needles as energy storage devices. It makes me wonder if those crystals are not a natural formation. Maybe the forerunners made them as a means to fight the flood. Funny thing though is that they are particularly effective in gameplay against shielded enemies, and promethean knights. Needlers are cool. I wonder if the huragoks can also make the ammo.

It also might be good to do a bigger canon fodder next week with a variety of information to help and cover lots of little lore bits so we can discuss them before the big E3 craze.
C'mon now... which CF issue is more likely to have some cool stuff to talk about: right before E3, or right after?

Spoiler:
Show
A few you could add to the Drop Deeper section:

Neil Blomkamp's live action Halo 3 short film, Landfall, which features two ODSTs prominently.

The live action trailer for Halo 3: ODST, which effectively conveys the harsh lives and conditions the helljumpers went through during the war.

Heck, even Forward Unto Dawn, in which Lasky's ill-fated brother is featured as a KIA ODST.

And of course Halo: Initiation, where we see a bit of Palmer's time as an ODST.

And finally, though it's not been elevated to canon yet (my fingers are crossed, based on a comment from a previous Canon Fodder), Levi Hoffmeier's A Fistful of Arrows features a team of ODSTs helping Jun protect Dr. Halsey as Reach continues to fall around them.
Quote:
Live well, play Halo, and blow up a sun.
Oh come on, if that's not a Halo Wars reference (and thus a Halo Wars 2 hint for E3), then I don't know what is.

Sadie's story. It's been a long time since I've seen the audio logs, and I knew Kinzler was a Yoink, but man did I forget how dark those audio logs actually were.

I still love the extra story event you get when u go to get the 30th one (i.e. killing a Human in a Halo game that the developers on purpose made an enemy, which currently is still the only time)..

I've always imagined a Honor Guard Plasma Rifle. Like, it'd be red with yellow secondary (like the "wings"), and it'd shoot yellow plasma.

Loved the interviews, and it's always nice to hear Joe Staten again. :)
I love you Grriiiiim! :D

I just finished watching the audio logs, and then come to find this lovely Cannon Fodder! <3
Caluben wrote:
Quote:
Live well, play Halo, and blow up a sun.
Oh come on, if that's not a Halo Wars reference (and thus a Halo Wars 2 hint for E3), then I don't know what is.

Sadie's story. It's been a long time since I've seen the audio logs, and I knew Kinzler was a Yoink, but man did I forget how dark those audio logs actually were.
I still love the extra story event you get when u go to get the 30th one (i.e. killing a Human in a Halo game that the developers on purpose made an enemy, which currently is still the only time)..

Seeing as how Sadie's Story seems like reference to Dante's Inferno, it is appropriate how dark it got.
Thanks Grim! Always a treat seeing when these CFs pop up :D
Naw, he's actually on the other side....
#ChiefsFaceRevealed
erickyboo wrote:
Haha.

C'mon now... which CF issue is more likely to have some cool stuff to talk about: right before E3, or right after?

Spoiler:
Show

Canon Fauxder. :P

Btw Grim. I noticed that while the Ghost was produced by Iruiru armory post war it is produced by Lodam armory/both. Then we get the storm rifle which is systematically erasing the plasma rifle (XD). Is Iruiru armoury getting financially rekt by Lodam armory which seems to have a monopoly on land vehicles and CQC weapons?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2