Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 7-10-15: Reaching Out

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder we explore a return to Reach with Frank O'Connor and Kiki Wolfkill.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
reserved first!

I'm very happy we finally got something about TFoR animated. My hope for some Homecoming references isn't in vain... right?

anyway, glad to see some confirmation on the FR/ Sentinel Beam resemblance, and the hope that people who aren't lucky enough to go to comic con will still (hopefully) be able to see the panel.
Can you give or tell us where we can catch up on Comic-con or post a Thread with links dedicated to Halo SDCC coverage.
Awwww, I am so angry! Kiki gave away the entire story of Halo 5 hahaha. Thanks Grim for this weeks Cannon Fodder, especially during your busy schedule at Comic Con :)
Article updated with a hi-res version of the "connected fiction" graphic hot off the panel presses...

<3
Grim
I think I found a slight error in the description for the new Warzone map.

Quote:
...With only two of the Array's six remaining rings located, the UNSC has prepared quick-reaction plans to secure and disable these installations as soon as they are found...
Besides Installation 04 the UNSC has found three rings not two. Installations 03, 05 and 07.
I do wonder about not mentioning installation 07.

Fall of reach, excited for it, especially the part where John tests his armour. I wonder if it will thoroughly be brought to life in a visual medium to showcase what Spartans are capable of!

My friend Sparky [Andrew Sparkes] will be at the mega bloks panel! Hope to watch the VoDs soon!
BaconShelf wrote:

I'm very happy we finally got something about TFoR animated. My hope for some Homecoming references isn't in vain... right?

Homecoming is one of those things that should be quietly buried and forgotten about, just like Kilo-Five.
And once again I'm supremely frustrated I am missing out on this year's conventions...

Still, thank you for keeping us in the loop, Mr. Grim. I had a feeling after seeing the similarities between the concept art and the recent terminal animations that the 'Fall of Reach' series would be done the same way. The artwork is beautiful though and it sounds like they're definitely putting a lot into the quality of the production. It'll be nice to have this as a way to further establish Blue Team's importance to both new Halo fans, and also older ones who may not be as familiar with the extended fiction. Can't wait to see the finished product!

...Good to see Kelly-087 gets top-billing in this week's header image too. ;)
And once again I'm supremely frustrated I am missing out on this year's conventions...

Still, thank you for keeping us in the loop, Mr. Grim. I had a feeling after seeing the similarities between the concept art and the recent terminal animations that the 'Fall of Reach' series would be done the same way. The artwork is beautiful though and it sounds like they're definitely putting a lot into the quality of the production. It'll be nice to have this as a way to further establish Blue Team's importance to both new Halo fans, and also older ones who may not be as familiar with the extended fiction. Can't wait to see the finished product!

...Good to see Kelly-087 gets top-billing in this week's header image too. ;)
;-)
Another great read. Thanks dude.

I can't wait to see plenty of John's arms and legs in the animated series! lol.
Thanks Grim for finally featuring the Sangheili species... Great issue this week.
JJAB91 wrote:

Quote:
...With only two of the Array's six remaining rings located, the UNSC has prepared quick-reaction plans to secure and disable these installations as soon as they are found...
Besides Installation 04 the UNSC has found three rings not two. Installations 03, 05 and 07.
07 is not common knowledge however and Apex 7 is a simulation for the 10,000 diameter rings, the cartographer of Installation 07 could be vastly unique to that of the common 6... or rather 5.
Who is the Composer for the Animated Series ?

Looks brilliant by the way !
I'm loving the focus on Blue Team, seeing one of my favorite novels in the entire series come to life makes me excited. I can't wait for it, great work 343i for making this happen.
JJAB91 wrote:

Quote:
The two remaining rings inferred here are Delta and Zeta. Remember that following the events of Halo: Escalation #10, Static Carillon had made off with Gamma Halo to an as of yet unknown location to repair and safeguard that particular ring. With 04/04b destroyed, that leave six remaining rings, only two of which have their locations known. We had found Installation 03, but then we lost it again. Just peachy.

Grim
JJAB91 wrote:

Quote:
The two remaining rings inferred here are Delta and Zeta. Remember that following the events of Halo: Escalation #10, Static Carillon had made off with Gamma Halo to an as of yet unknown location to repair and safeguard that particular ring. With 04/04b destroyed, that leave six remaining rings, only two of which have their locations known. We had found Installation 03, but then we lost it again. Just peachy.

Grim
Yeah but Grim how does that explain the Battle of Installation 03 from July 24th to 26th, 2557 if Carillon moved the ring during that time?
JJAB91 wrote:

Quote:

Grim
Ah! But I wonder when Spartan Strike happens though.
This piece is one of my favorite things about the site.

For all of the great machinations in Halo, it's the story that's always dragged me in kicking and screaming. Seeing everything scrutinized and discussed is such a joy.
Before I say anything, don't get me wrong, I am excited for The Fall Of Reach Animated Series. It's gonna look sick, and be a great watch. But I am hoping it does give some new info. This story's been told so many different times, that for me, it's gotten kinda old, so I'm honestly hoping for some new stuff.

Quote:
Spartans in particular must be constantly tested and familiarized with the structures and enemies that could be found on these ancient weapons of mass destruction to ensure a quick shutdown.
So when it says enemies, does this include not only Sentinels but Flood also? I'm assuming the Flood isn't actually on the map (I could definitely see Sentinels being in), but still, canonically, it'd probably be best for Spartan IVs to be prepared for them, because outside of the definitely common Sentinels, the Flood are the #1 thing they should be prepared for when going onto a Halo ring.
Not that it hurts to be prepared for Covenant and Promethean forces, but still.

I'm not surprised that the Focus Rifle can be a reverse-engineered Sentinel Beam, but we first heard that the Focus Rifle was a reverse-engineered Focus Turret, and it would've been nice to see that mentioned in the Universe entry, but oh well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3