Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 7-2-15: Scarab Tactics

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we dig a bit deeper with a big battle bug, and learn what types of armors you love to don.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Reserved?

Edit: Awesome, I clearly am on Halowaypoint too much (if there is such a thing lol.)

Edit edit: "In case you’re wondering, the Scarab you see in Halo: Spartan Strike’s simulation just might be one of these rampaging machines that the Chief hadn’t gotten around to blowing up yet" ..... So about those two scorpions..........The ones going down the bridge,.... are we to understand that this is occurring before the Chief crossed? There were really weird "Two-Chief'" theories bouncing around for awhile because of the simulated battle of New Mombosa depicted in Spartan Strike.
Great Canon Fodder, like we can always expect from Grim.

Also, not surprising Grim didn't reference the Halo Online armor I mentioned, not sure how acceptable it is to mention that abominable project :|

Also, not surprising Grim didn't reference the Halo Online armor, not sure how acceptable it is to mention that abominable project :|
Keep in mind, it's still in testing. Why focus on things that might not be final?

Also, not surprising Grim didn't reference the Halo Online armor, not sure how acceptable it is to mention that abominable project :|
Keep in mind, it's still in testing. Why focus on things that might not be final?
Heh. I have to say, the glowing holograms on HO armor variants are something that really ought to be implemented in primary Halo games. They're awesome. Though most of the helmets are horrifically ugly.
Come to think of it, most of the original designs for that game are horrifically ugly. Don't even get me started on the DMR and BR variants. *shudders*
Grim I have a question. Is the Super Scarab in the Halo Wars level Scarab the T-29 or the T-36?
Grim I have a question. Is the Super Scarab in the Halo Wars level Scarab the T-29 or the T-36?
I'm gonna go ahead and butt in and say it's the T-29 as it was in the process of being assembled in Halo Wars.
Onyx81 wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and butt in and say it's the T-29 as it was in the process of being assembled in Halo Wars.
That's what I'm feeling too. Grim can you confirm this?
Now that we've got information on the Excavators as well as the classification system they use, I was just thinking about the three legged spire mech in the Halo 5 E3 Demo. For how big it is, I'd guess it's a Class 8 or 9. For an excavator that big though... There's got to be something huge it was sent in to dig.

A Guardian perhaps?
Onyx81 wrote:
Certainly seems to fit the T-29 description fairly well, doesn't it?

Also, the whole "two Chiefs" bit is not a thing.
You know...

What I just realized is that we didn't get a confirmation on what colony operates the Scarab. The H4:TEVG hints at it being Sbaolekgolo.

Could you give us a confirmation on that Grim?
Nice canon fodder. The scarab article was definitely interesting. Excited to know more about armours I am!
I think it's fun when we see Spartans use their MJOLNIR armour variants for the purpose they were built such as has been the case with Spartan Ray.
I find it highly suspicious that almost all the comments picked were comments about Halo 4's armor.
Onyx81 wrote:
Certainly seems to fit the T-29 description fairly well, doesn't it?

Also, the whole "two Chiefs" bit is not a thing.
Yeah I know, wasn't trying to claim it was, just noting that this Cannon Fodder "might" (lol) explain the perceived discrepancy between Spartan Strike's depiction of the Battle of New Mombasa and what people were expecting based on their experiences from Halo 2.
We just need a gallery and the scarab article will be perfect. The article also mentions scarabs being used by the covenant and their successors. Scarabs in halo 5? Yisss. I wonder if that just means the 3 legged things or if there are a couple variants of scarabs. Then we proceed to destroy them with phaetons. Yisss
MPMixx wrote:
We just need a gallery and the scarab article will be perfect. The article also mentions scarabs being used by the covenant and their successors. Scarabs in halo 5? Yisss. I wonder if that just means the 3 legged things or if there are a couple variants of scarabs. Then we proceed to destroy them with phaetons. Yisss
Excavator of higher tier!
Helmets without practical visors that clearly look like they can be seen through? No, just no.
Helmets without practical visors that clearly look like they can be seen through? No, just no.
I'm not really sure what you're saying. Are you not a fan of the visorless designs?
Always good to learn more about some of the weapons that make fighting the Covenant so unique (especially the big stuff). I enjoyed the armor teases too. Thank you for sharing. :)

...Man, of all the years for me to not be able to go to any kind of convention - I want to go to all the Halo panels and ask ALL the Blue Team questions! :P
I know, right? Spartan visors are nothing to laugh at, Cal's faceplate remained intact even after taking a direct hit from a gravity hammer; the same hammer that was effortlessly causing large craters to form in hard surfaces.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3