Canon Fodder 7-2-15: Scarab Tactics

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You know...

What I just realized is that we didn't get a confirmation on what colony operates the Scarab. The H4:TEVG hints at it being Sbaolekgolo.

Could you give us a confirmation on that Grim?
halo encyclopedia or halo essential visual guide confirm it's Mgalekgolo.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
You know...

What I just realized is that we didn't get a confirmation on what colony operates the Scarab. The H4:TEVG hints at it being Sbaolekgolo.

Could you sauce me on that?
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
You know...

The Scarab entry in the Halo Essential Visual Guide confirms it to be Mgalekgolo, in the "A Living Machine" and "Attack Platform" boxes.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
You know...

The Scarab entry in the Halo Essential Visual Guide confirms it to be Mgalekgolo, in the "A Living Machine" and "Attack Platform" boxes.
Yeah, but what pages?
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
You know...

Yeah, but what pages?
Page 163.
NojoInVivo wrote:
Helmets without practical visors that clearly look like they can be seen through? No, just no.
I'm not really sure what you're saying. Are you not a fan of the visorless designs?
I think what cptinfinity7 is saying is that canonically, the visors are what can be seen through so how can a Spartan see through a visorless helmet. I realize you likely know this fact already, eben gibon king, just trying to interpret here lol.

Thanks for another great canon fodder, Grim. You're the bestest.
Interesting Cannon Fodder this week (well, every week, really). Always fun to see the little tidbits that slowly but surely flesh out the lore of Halo. Can't wait to see what's revealed at the SDCC panel too. Thanks Grim.

Also, my ChatterNet post got to be in the blog! Extra thanks for that.
Great canon fodder. But you already knew I would say that Grim. xD

It was great to finally get more clarification on the Scarabs. That point has been on the minds of many fans for ages.

(Side question: Will the "Chatternet" count towards the "Canon Feeder" Badge?)
Great fodder update.

:)
Really excited about the tease for security armor. I hope it is in the same style of 3/reach security. It was my favorite of those 2 games. I wouldn't be surprised if the design is radically different being that security armor is based of bungies marathon games.
Why does Fenrir sound so familiar?
So Security is back, eh? A few people are going to be happy about that, for sure. Though I've gotta naturally wonder how it'll look compared to its previous versions, since Security back then was Bungie's reference to their Marathon games (though I'm assuming that's not a problem considering the fact that the Marathon symbol was in Spartan Ops).

Dat Scarab entry doe!
Nine Excavator tiers? I hope we don't mean tier-nine (I actually do)!
Is the customization of Halo 5 going to be more in depth than Halo 4 or will it be the same but please tell me it wont be like the Master Chief Collection where the only thing to customize was your paint job cause i cant play using only one set of armor it feels wrong not having individual flare to it. Also i think if your helmet changes so should your HUD to fit with the visor design cause not all things share the same design on the inside.
Is the customization of Halo 5 going to be more in depth than Halo 4 or will it be the same but please tell me it wont be like the Master Chief Collection where the only thing to customize was your paint job cause i cant play using only one set of armor it feels wrong not having individual flare to it. Also i think if your helmet changes so should your HUD to fit with the visor design cause not all things share the same design on the inside.
Here's what Josh Holmes had to say about this on the Beyond Entertainment forums:
Here's what Josh Holmes had to say about this on the Beyond Entertainment forums:
Well after the game launch and people don't like the armor customization(helmets, visor, and armor suits) could you guys change it to full customization of individual armor pieces(helmets, torso, left shoulder, right shoulder, forearms, legs, and visor color) in a post-launch dlc if people give there honest judgment/opinion on it or at least give the fans/community a vote to throw in one more individual piece to customize like for ex, shoulders, torso, etc cause people are saying that they're not going to get the game until they get full armor customizations, plus red vs blue needs full armor customization to make new characters for their future seasons if those reasons won't be enough reason to change the armor customization from limited options to full options could you guys at least do it for the fans please we like to mix and match individual pieces of our spartan's armor don't limited our choices to helmets, visors, and armor suits it's not too much for us halo fans that we are asking for if you guys at 343i would at least put this quote message into consideration that would be deeply appreciated
I hope there's Prefect armour.
Well after the game launch and people don't like the armor customization(helmets, visor, and armor suits) could you guys change it to full customization of individual armor pieces(helmets, torso, left shoulder, right shoulder, forearms, legs, and visor color) in a post-launch dlc if people give there honest judgment/opinion on it or at least give the fans/community a vote to throw in one more individual piece to customize like for ex, shoulders, torso, etc cause people are saying that they're not going to get the game until they get full armor customizations, plus red vs blue needs full armor customization to make new characters for their future seasons if those reasons won't be enough reason to change the armor customization from limited options to full options could you guys at least do it for the fans please we like to mix and match individual pieces of our spartan's armor don't limited our choices to helmets, visors, and armor suits it's not too much for us halo fans that we are asking for if you guys at 343i would at least put this quote message into consideration that would be deeply appreciated
That was one of the longest sentences I've ever seen in my life, lol.
That was one of the longest sentences I've ever seen in my life, lol.
Hey I put a lot of thought in my reply quotes but would you guys put that idea of mine in that latest reply to you GrimBrother One on the armor customization into consideration that would still be deeply appreciated
Caluben wrote:
Why does Fenrir sound so familiar?
So Security is back, eh? A few people are going to be happy about that, for sure. Though I've gotta naturally wonder how it'll look compared to its previous versions, since Security back then was Bungie's reference to their Marathon games (though I'm assuming that's not a problem considering the fact that the Marathon symbol was in Spartan Ops).

Dat Scarab entry doe!
Nine Excavator tiers? I hope we don't mean tier-nine (I actually do)!
Well there is the character from Norse mythology but if you have read Escalation there is a Spartan Fireteam Fenrir. Perhaps that is where you heard it.

I wonder if the name similarities are just a coincidence or if they were actually issued the suit?
Excited to see that Security will be returning, hopefully as a heavier looking armor set like the past parts were. Also hoping for more the jet pilot-esque visor of the Halo 3 variant as opposed to the sunken visor of the Reach version.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3