[Locked] Canon Fodder 7/8/16: Crown Jul

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
This week in Canon Fodder, we chat Jul 'Mdama, RTX, Fireteam Apollo, and more.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Thanks Grim
Great screenshots were already taken. Took a few but didn't put them in.
Aww Jul. he just got stolen from me a bit ago.

I wish I could get the box but it costs a lot [:(]
Those Spartans really don't like Jul.
Jul destroyed the Absolute Record?

Huh.

Spoiler:
Show
Jul blows up Requiem, nobody panics. Jul blows up the Absolute Record and everybody loses their minds. Haha.

So Why does Jul 'Mdama have two different eye colours listed? What, does he have the Sharingan or something? ;)
Quote:
While Jul met an… unceremonious and swift end in the opening moments of the Halo 5: Guardians campaign
That ellipsis. I think everyone realizes now how -Yoink- stupid Jul's death was.(Among a lot other things in Halo 5's campaign)
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
While Jul met an… unceremonious and swift end in the opening moments of the Halo 5: Guardians campaign
That ellipsis. I think everyone realizes now how -Yoink- stupid Jul's death was.(Among a lot other things in Halo 5's campaign)
I still don't. The guy got his -Yoink- kicked every time we met him in every medium. He was no match for a Spartan.
Live by the creed...Fireteam Apollo...Grim, did you just make an Apollo Creed reference you sneaky -Yoink-? :)
ArtooFeva wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
I still don't. The guy got his -Yoink- kicked every time we met him in every medium. He was no match for a Spartan.
Doesn't matter, he is a character that was developed over the course of three books, Spartan Ops, and a comic. A character integral to the plot that was evolving and then was tossed under the rug along with everything else the franchise was developing for over three years on the first mission of the game. His character arc wasn't even complete yet. The issues with his family and his feud with the Arbiter cut short out of nowhere for no real reason. I mean hell if 343i was so intent on killing him in Halo 5 why not kill him with the rest of his Covenant on Sanghelios? Literally just a few missions later. Have him die in a final clash with the Arbiter, something that his character was building up to. Instead he dies for no other reason than to show how "cool" this new character Locke is. Almost as bad of a reason as Black Team.
Jul blows up Requiem, nobody panics. Jul blows up the Absolute Record and everybody loses their minds. Haha.

So Why does Jul 'Mdama have two different eye colours listed? What, does he have the Sharingan or something? ;)
Body double theory! Awww, forget it :(
never gonna be a thing...
Ahem. Also, one has a great deal more significance than the other.

Also, there was some major splintering of Jul'Mdama's Covenant faction after the destruction of Requiem. Wouldn't be surprised if the remainder of the Servants of Abiding Truth promptly flipped out and ran a mutiny against Jul, intending to have him executed for the worst kind of apostasy. After all, they murdered the population of an entire Keep for one farmer toppling a broken Forerunner spire... imagine how they'd respond to the destruction of an entire shield world (that is, if Requiem didn't initiate emergency slipspace transition before it was destroyed).
I still wanna know how the hell Halsey managed to nonchalantly hack a Forerunner Contender-class AI.
Quote:
"While Jul met an… unceremonious and swift end in the opening moments of the Halo 5: Guardians campaign..."
They're listening...[I'm excited for the integrity of H6 campaign for sure now.]

Hey Grim, are we gonna see more Halo Wars 2 canon soon? I wanna see the new grizzly. ;)
Onyx81 wrote:
Jul destroyed the Absolute Record?

Huh.

Spoiler:
Show

Good point, I was under the impression the Absolute Record and Janus Key just disappeared for some reason(Like the rest of the three years of plot build up) and maybe hopefully return at a later date.

But now its destroyed? What? When? Why? How?
ArtooFeva wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
What "medium" are you referring to? He danced around Humanity's "best and brightest" throughout the Requiem Campaign AND during the Battle of Arkis IV (probably spelt that wrong) Jul fought a two front battle with Humanity's "best and brightest" on one side and an internal rebellion on the other, and the battle concluded with Jul's Covenant outright humiliating the UNSC and stomping Sali 'Nyon's rebellion into the dirt. Hell, the reasons Jul lost his war with Swords of Sanghelios had nothing to do with the Swords, but events that were literally out of Jul's control, such as Sali 'Nyon taking half his fleet while he was away, Cortana yanking his Prometheans and Halsey laying a trap for him. All the Swords did was clean up what's left.

Jul wasn't a good villain because he was a skilled fighter. He was a good villain for being a cunning manipulator and tactician.
So, if Jul is really dead, why is he in a training simulation on Sangheilios? Why would Spartans need to train to fight a long dead Elite?
SL9pones wrote:
So, if Jul is really dead, why is he in a training simulation on Sangheilios? Why would Spartans need to train to fight a long dead Elite?
1. Revenge(some like to get it off their chest)
2. Other Sangheili might be similar to him
3. Other undisclosed reasons
And a double post. Lag struck me and blessed me with this annoying gift
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4