[Locked] Canon Fodder 7/8/16: Crown Jul

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I still think it was a pretty big waste that Jul never capitalized on his experience being kidnapped by ONI for discovering their links with the Servants of Abiding Truth. Way to fumble something that could have shaken up the relationship between the Swords of Sanghelios and the UNSC.
CIA391 wrote:
ReemoYur wrote:
So, if Jul is really dead, why is he in a training simulation on Sangheilios? Why would Spartans need to train to fight a long dead Elite?
1. Revenge(some like to get it off their chest)
2. Other Sangheili might be similar to him
3. Other undisclosed reasons
Alright, fair enough, guess S-IVs REALLY dislike Jul. Wonder if they'll feel the same way about Cortana.
JJAB91 wrote:
Jul destroyed the Absolute Record?

Huh.

Spoiler:
Show

Good point, I was under the impression the Absolute Record and Janus Key just disappeared for some reason(Like the rest of the three years of plot build up) and maybe hopefully return at a later date.

But now its destroyed? What? When? Why? How?
I was under the impression it slipspaced away and the place they actually went into was a failsafe basically a maze of endless rooms that all look similar. Would have been cool if it slipspaced to the ark to make that whole "Alexandria before the fire make" make sense. The record could then be found by Anders in Hw2.
Is it 'Sangheili moon' or 'Sangheilian moon', Grim?
I can't wait to get my hands on one of those legendary crates! If only we could get a Spartans Ops for Halo 5 guardians playing as Fireteam Apollo.
JJAB91 wrote:
I still wanna know how the hell Halsey managed to nonchalantly hack a Forerunner Contender-class AI.
By the way it played out, she was allowed to, as further part of the test.
FYI, after seeing some of the community confusion, I've amended the statement in the article to try and be more clear:

"...forced to lay siege to the Absolute Record's local facility."

Part of it is that we sometimes are a victim of our own attempts at simplification for a wide audience, as well as establishing/oversimplifying Jul's intent. Part of it is that the Absolute Record is... weird lol. Statement has been adjusted to provide some clarity and distinction between some of the physical, philosophical, and digital elements of this particular Forerunner site/artifact/repository.

Appreciate the (passionate) feedback and patience :-)

<3
Grim
Grim, use your overwhelming power and influence within 343 to force the team to make a campaign add on with an actual Jul fight to replace the cutscene. I know you claim to merely be part of the story team, but we all know the truth.
FYI, after seeing some of the community confusion, I've amended the statement in the article to try and be more clear:

"...forced to lay siege to the Absolute Record's local facility."

Part of it is that we sometimes are a victim of our own attempts at simplification for a wide audience, as well as establishing/oversimplifying Jul's intent. Part of it is that the Absolute Record is... weird lol. Statement has been adjusted to provide some clarity and distinction between some of the physical, philosophical, and digital elements of this particular Forerunner site/artifact/repository.

Appreciate the (passionate) feedback and patience :-)

<3
Grim
Now that is... Very very interesting.
Grim, use your overwhelming power and influence within 343 to force the team to make a campaign add on with an actual Jul fight to replace the cutscene. I know you claim to merely be part of the story team, but we all know the truth.
If I held such ultimate power as you surmise, that wouldn't be remotely my first task at hand lol ;-)
If I held such ultimate power as you surmise, that wouldn't be remotely my first task at hand lol ;-)
Now I'm curious about that first task.
Absolute Record's local facility? Interesting...
Drof97 wrote:
ArtooFeva wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
While Jul met an… unceremonious and swift end in the opening moments of the Halo 5: Guardians campaign
That ellipsis. I think everyone realizes now how -Yoink- stupid Jul's death was.(Among a lot other things in Halo 5's campaign)
I still don't. The guy got his -Yoink- kicked every time we met him in every medium. He was no match for a Spartan.
What "medium" are you referring to? He danced around Humanity's "best and brightest" throughout the Requiem Campaign AND during the Battle of Arkis IV (probably spelt that wrong) Jul fought a two front battle with Humanity's "best and brightest" on one side and an internal rebellion on the other, and the battle concluded with Jul's Covenant outright humiliating the UNSC and stomping Sali 'Nyon's rebellion into the dirt. Hell, the reasons Jul lost his war with Swords of Sanghelios had nothing to do with the Swords, but events that were literally out of Jul's control, such as Sali 'Nyon taking half his fleet while he was away, Cortana yanking his Prometheans and Halsey laying a trap for him. All the Swords did was clean up what's left.

Jul wasn't a good villain because he was a skilled fighter. He was a good villain for being a cunning manipulator and tactician.
I'm not saying he was a bad villain nor that he was a bad strategist. (There's no way he could've built up a radical Covenant like he did without strategic skill) However, his final moments came down to him in a one on one against someone else mano y mano and as we saw he was no match.

Similarly in Glasslands (or was it The Thursday War?) Kilo V smacks him down like he was nothing. The guy was a decent leader, but he was no master of combat which was what killed him in the end.
DC 409871 wrote:
I still think it was a pretty big waste that Jul never capitalized on his experience being kidnapped by ONI for discovering their links with the Servants of Abiding Truth. Way to fumble something that could have shaken up the relationship between the Swords of Sanghelios and the UNSC.
I wouldn't be surprised if they knew. The relationship between the 2 powers isn't without its rough patches. When they were caught spying the Shadow of Intent destroyed 3 ONI Prowlers. The Arbiter is a pragmatic leader, war over a fairly understandable reaction to a genocidal war with his species would likely just cause more instability which is worse for any world he wants to set up.
ArtooFeva wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they knew. The relationship between the 2 powers isn't without its rough patches. When they were caught spying the Shadow of Intent destroyed 3 ONI Prowlers. The Arbiter is a pragmatic leader, war over a fairly understandable reaction to a genocidal war with his species would likely just cause more instability which is worse for any world he wants to set up.
Yet why not ever capitalize on that? The closest we got was Vladimir Scruggs talking about how the Arbiter couldn't make peace and that Chief was gone, but nothing from 'Mdama.
DC 409871 wrote:
ArtooFeva wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Yet why not ever capitalize on that? The closest we got was Vladimir Scruggs talking about how the Arbiter couldn't make peace and that Chief was gone, but nothing from 'Mdama.
Not sure, gotta ask Grim for that.
ArtooFeva wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
ArtooFeva wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Not sure, gotta ask Grim for that.
I'm wouldn't expect much of an answer besides a proverbial shrug of the shoulders. After all, if Black Team could get killed off because someone higher-up at 343 suggested they die and seemingly little else, I wouldn't be shocked if the writers just forgot about Jul's ONI connection or some other nonsense.
Sure, we know your first task will be to make Unggoy cutter than they actually are
Pelux94 wrote:
Sure, we know your first task will be to make Unggoy cutter than they actually are
Nah, we've already had enough issues with changing Cutter; turning him into an Unggoy would be too far even for us.
the what??
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4