Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 8-14-15: Know for an Answer

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder we've got new peeks at map lore and answer a couple of community queries.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Great Fodder Grim! Love the little peaks into Kamchatka and Meridian through the map lore. I wonder if we might see other previously seen characters in Wargames sims now.
Re’gish Wamik is a boss in Warzone? I care not for his puny life though....
Interesting incorporating Wamik in Warzone!
What's Palmer's service record for Warzone? {:)]

I wonder what was with Kamchatka and the mountains. Why did the forerunners do that? I guess we might find out in campaign!

I didn't expect covenant technology to use baffler derived tech honestly. I wonder how big the differences are between the different types of camouflage technology now, and how it relates to the ones forerunners used and the ones ONI prowlers use.

Also, the Spartan Laser. What I wonder is the battery, the recharge and the number of shots. Can the settings be adjusted so there are more than four shots at lower potency? I wonder. I also wonder how easy it is to recharge it and if there are MJOLNIR variants/equipment designed to be paired up with the Spartan Laser to recharge it similar to how Jerome-092 seems to be using the Spartan Laser in halo wars gameplay. I wonder if the interest in blamite's application in energy storage could be related to theoretical implementations of blamite in Spartan Laser's to store a lot of energy more efficiently.
Love how the Spartan Laser changed from "ruinously expensive" to just "extraordinarily expensive". Baby steps.
Great new Canon Fodder Grim :D
I am fascinated by Sangheili history so thank you for the Q&A. I'm also really interested in what exactly the Forerunners did on Kamchatka.
Nice CF, looking forward to next weeks interview with Peter David. Also will there be more info on Last light since its coming out next month?
Wow those dubious statements about Halo 5 taking place on a Human, Sangheili and Forerunner world turned out be (mostly) true after all. Meridian, Sanghelios and Kamchatka.
That's pretty interesting. Next week sounds good too.
Awesome CF, Grim. Love what you do.
Awesome CF, Grim. Love what you do.
Many thanks for the kind words!
I was wondering where the next update was…thanks Grim.
This week in Canon Fodder we've got new peeks at map lore and answer a couple of community queries.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
In case Wamik is alive I wonder what he would think of the UNSC having him as a boss in Warzone.
You know, I never really gave much thought to the kinds of stories/lore that might exist behind the various locations of the multiplayer maps. As usual though Halo proves why it's a cut above the rest by taking these details into consideration and including this kind of world-building information.

Also cool to see how some of these minor characters we've encountered before are getting something of a second life through Warzone - a simulated life that will repeatedly come to an end in a hail of team gunfire, but still. ;)

There's very few recurring characters in Halo that have had a 100% consistent actor/actress across ALL their various portrayals, so I hope people don't continue to get hung up over Kelly-087 having an accent come release of 'Halo 5'. I think Michelle Lukes is a great choice for the part. I just hope the "definitive" version of Kelly still has the same spunk that all her EU appearances have managed to have in common over the years.
Great article but I'm a little bummed the Spartan Laser variants haven't been fleshed out. So basically they are all the same model despite different battery charges, chassis', internal components, etc? That seems opposite to most of the other designation conventions the UNSC uses for other models of weaponry. Will we ever get a detailed breakdown of how the UNSC designation conventions work?
So that Halo Wars unnamed Zealot now not only has a name but is also in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss? Dang, this guy just got real important real quick!
Also, Gold Zealot confirmed in Halo 5?

Kinda wish the Active Camo entry was a bit more in-depth about the variants, but at the same time, the entry didn't need to explain it anymore than it did. So oh well.
Caluben wrote:
So that Halo Wars unnamed Zealot now not only has a name but is also in Halo 5 as a Warzone boss? Dang, this guy just got real important real quick!
Also, Gold Zealot confirmed in Halo 5?

Kinda wish the Active Camo entry was a bit more in-depth about the variants, but at the same time, the entry didn't need to explain it anymore than it did. So oh well.
Actually believe it or not both Re'gish Wamik and Je'ddak Zule's names appeared before with images(though I sadly didnt save them) so it was known to the few who saw it, who they were.

There was a place called the Halo Wars Launch site. This site was a prequel to Halo Wars and had transmissions from UNSC characters and Covenant characters relating to Halo Wars.
Linky here.
This place was really obscure. Not many fans know about it as the original source is gone forever. A transcript only exists cause I recorded it thankfully.

That said
The part relating to Re'gish Wamik is this
Quote:
FIELD REPORT
High Prophet-
Rejoice your Holiness for we have found the doorway to the relic you spoke of. Today is indeed a great day for the Covenant as the Great Journey redoubles its pace. The troops are full of fervor at the sight of this gift from the Forerunner. I beseech you to send the Arbiter at once to commence the opening of this sacred place.
Faithfully,
Cmdr. Re’gish Wamik
This was just before the Arbiter Arived at the relic in Halo Wars. Before the Arbiter said he didnt care for his life.

The part relating to Je'ddak Zule is this
Quote:
DIRECT MESSAGING ACTIVE
Arbiter-
These humans are cowards. They choose to fight inside their vehicles. There is no honor in these kills. I see truth to the words spoken by the Prophet, and I wall savor the blood of every human that falls before my needler.
Je’ddak Zule
This was just a random skirmish on Harvest with him vs Cyclops.
Well... Crap. Looks like I've got to re-write my fan fiction for Halo Wars; I had the Arbiter kill Wamik for insolence lol.

Speaking of (on both counts) the only question that I have regarding Halo Wars - and it's been a pain to reconcile in my FF - is why the Spirit of Fire went to Arcadia in the first place. I know Anders said that in the "three seconds [she] had" to observe the Starchart, it pointed to Arcadia, but I've still no reason as to why it points there.

Currently I've got it written that the Forerunner ruins on Arcadia contain a decommissioned Guardian, and the Covenant use it to attempt building on the "Super Scarab."

Actually, a second question comes to mind. At the artifact, Wamik says "What if the infection defiled the relic?" - what infection? I always figured he meant Humanity, as the Flood wasn't present on Harvest, but did they know about the Flood even then?
I enjoy these, really like the trivia too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2