Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 8-14-15: Know for an Answer

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Actually, a second question comes to mind. At the artifact, Wamik says "What if the infection defiled the relic?" - what infection? I always figured he meant Humanity, as the Flood wasn't present on Harvest, but did they know about the Flood even then?
This was explored in an earlier Canon Fodder, that issue saw Harvest join the Universe page.

"Before the activation of Halo, the Forerunners knew Harvest as CE-309-8 d. A minor asset in their vast interstellar domain, the planet was used as a Shield waystation facility, complete with Flood research/containment centers and administrative nodes that directed Forerunner defenses in the surrounding region. Covenant excavations later revealed several of these Forerunner structures."

Actually, a second question comes to mind. At the artifact, Wamik says "What if the infection defiled the relic?" - what infection? I always figured he meant Humanity, as the Flood wasn't present on Harvest, but did they know about the Flood even then?
This was explored in an earlier Canon Fodder, that issue saw Harvest join the Universe page.

"Before the activation of Halo, the Forerunners knew Harvest as CE-309-8 d. A minor asset in their vast interstellar domain, the planet was used as a Shield waystation facility, complete with Flood research/containment centers and administrative nodes that directed Forerunner defenses in the surrounding region. Covenant excavations later revealed several of these Forerunner structures."
And then the bumbling idiots went opening locked doors on Instillation 04 sigh.
So there was a Flood outbreak on Harvest? Or was Wamik just super cautious about Flood potentially present on the planet?
So there was a Flood outbreak on Harvest? Or was Wamik just super cautious about Flood potentially present on the planet?
No flood outbreak on it during the Harvest campaign. Just research areas that have been known to fail without a monitor to monitor them.
Thanks Grim for another interesting read! You are yet to disappoint me with these great articles:)
Thanks Grim for another interesting read! You are yet to disappoint me with these great articles:)
Oh great, NO PRESSURE NOW.

;-)
All the IIs should be speaking with a Reachian accent.
They were all taken when they were very young so, unless they were split up and raised by different people, they should all be speaking the same way.

But i guess you wanted them to have clear differences when speaking so people can easily tell.
I find the only community questions that ever get addressed are questions on the Sangheili...

That's kinda lame, to be honest.
I find the only community questions that ever get addressed are questions on the Sangheili...

Actually there is numerous stuff questions cant be answered.

1. Some stuff spoil future stories to much
2. Not suitable for the article at hand.(actually something that many articles take into account)
3. Some stuff cant be revealed yet due to restrictions.
4. Some questions are saved for the future.
5. Too many questions might overfill the article.

Plus many more.

Dont be sad your question or other types arnt answered yet. Just be happy we get questions answered at all. :3

That's because of the following reasons:
Most UNSC questions are trivial to a ridiculous degree.
Many other questions are translated into can you spoil Halo 5 for me.
Other questions have been answered like a billion times in the past.
Other questions are gameplay related.
The UNSC has gotten 1000 times more attention than the Covenant.
343i decides to answer some questions because they have plans for the future.
Not all questions can be answered at once.
They were all taken when they were very young so, unless they were split up and raised by different people, they should all be speaking the same way.

But i guess you wanted them to have clear differences when speaking so people can easily tell.
If by Reachian you mean like Jorge and the Reach citizens of Hungarian descent, then I disagree. They were separated from the population and we don't know the origins of the UNSC personal at the base, so the only Reach native we know they were exposed to was Jorge. If that is true then they have about as much chance as sounding like him as they would any other Spartan II.

If by Reachian you mean like Jorge and the Reach citizens of Hungarian descent, then I disagree. They were separated from the population and we don't know the origins of the UNSC personal at the base, so the only Reach native we know they were exposed to was Jorge. If that is true then they have about as much chance as sounding like him as they would any other Spartan II.
I meant speaking the same as the people in the facility they were in.
I just threw Reachian i didnt just want to call it English.

They should be speaking the same as the people they spent most of the time with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2