Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 9-11-15: Infinity & Beyond

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we chat with Duffy Boudreau, take a monster look at what's ahead for Halo: Fleet Battles, and more!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Oh, an official picture of Black-Box? Maybe hes just a cube, but that is still cool to have on hand. Everything else is top-notch as always.
Nice. Loving the Fleet Battles info. And seeing characters return from previous media in it, its really amazing.
So.. Are we going to be able to buy our own Long Night of Solace ?
Trafalgar? Class name? Visual representation?

*heavy breathing*
Yay! Canon fodder!
I'm really wondering how escalation will end. I like Aiyt.

I'm awaiting Halo: Last Light! Created the discussion thread recently. I read a bit of the preview but I think I'll wait instead, preview is too long. Don't want to be too spoiled!

I'm hoping to get fleet battles at some point, but ooo those ship models! And those art pieces for the characters! The Xytan looks imposing! Almost reminds me of a warrior-servant. The Minister of Etiology looks interesting too!
Interesting possibility of having the flood!

Poor Iona, and that's black box! His final dispensation date nears close... Will he survive? Who knows. It'd be interesting to see more of Black Box at some point, especially with Osman and the Kilo-Five gang.
Just so no one misses out though. (a lot of people missed this Grim last month)
Here is another post for Fleet Battles that adds to the formations and so on.
Wave 2 Fleet Battle Formations
This add to the point how much detail Fleet Battles has.
In the past, Spartan games has made some semi decent ships (The ORS for example, ADP looks pretty neat as well). But I am very disappointed by the Punic Class, it in all sincerity looks like the already sub-par Epoch with a variety of tacked on armor plates. I could certainly see this as a UNSC ship; maybe a freighter, but as the pride of the UNSC navy? The one that fought for Reach to the end? I don't see it. I just see a flying slab of Titanium and poor design choices.
Dat Xytan! Finally a canon view of him
Great info as always, Mr. Grim. I particularly like these interviews you do with various folks involved in different parts of Halo's fiction, like Mr. Boudreau. And while I'm not a tabletop gamer, the level of detail that is going into this Fleet Battles game (in both the lore and the models) is certainly impressive. :)

Oooh...I want to try to win one of those copies of 'Last Light', but I'll be at work for the rest of the evening. :\ Is it going to be a time-sensitive contest, or just a "submit your name and we'll randomly pick some people" kind of thing?
Does...Xytan have a lower jaw?
Grimm can you clarify
http://www.spartangames.co.uk/september-2015-release

This says "A giant even amongst the Sangheili, Xytan ‘Jar Wattinree is revered by his comrades for his incredible prowess in battle. Supported by the Minister of Etiology, a minor Prophet in the Covenant during the Human-Covenant war, this fleet delivers the leadership needed to harness a tireless religious zeal that will eventually lead to the Fall of Reach." heavily implies Xytan was at the Fall of Reach, but your update contradicts that. So was he at Reach or not?
Grizzlei wrote:
Trafalgar? Class name? Visual representation?

*heavy breathing*
WE made it!!!
I'm glad that she wasn't forgotten, but I hope she'll get the justice and story I envisioned.
Wow! The Halo fleet battles are getting better and better. Can't wait for the ground battles though. Edit: The designs are super cool.
Grimm can you clarify

This says "A giant even amongst the Sangheili, Xytan ‘Jar Wattinree is revered by his comrades for his incredible prowess in battle. Supported by the Minister of Etiology, a minor Prophet in the Covenant during the Human-Covenant war, this fleet delivers the leadership needed to harness a tireless religious zeal that will eventually lead to the Fall of Reach." heavily implies Xytan was at the Fall of Reach, but your update contradicts that. So was he at Reach or not?
How does the September text support or even imply that he was at Reach?
Grimm can you clarify

How does the September text support or even imply that he was at Reach?
Minister of Etiology was supporting him and he was at Reach and it said his leadership lead to the Fall of Reach...
I'm afraid that is pure speculation. The supporting text is marketing spackle referring to them both being in the same box. You should note that the exact same verbiage is used for the UNSC box with Cortana and Hood, but no one is saying that Cortana was at Earth with him during this time.
I'm afraid that is pure speculation. The supporting text is marketing spackle referring to them both being in the same box. You should note that the exact same verbiage is used for the UNSC box with Cortana and Hood, but no one is saying that Cortana was at Earth with him during this time.
Cortana was at the Battle of Earth though commanding the Cairo in the opening phases which only leads credence to the implication. I don't think he was at Reach, I just want clarification so I can take the halopedia edit that Xytan was at Reach without there being a debate on the discussion page.
That is a wild leap to be sure.

In any case, this matter was specifically clarified in the Canon Fodder.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3