Canon Fodder 9-3-15: Shadow of Intense

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Can't wait to hear from Rtas again after so long. And that art is very nice! Though from the synopsis, I'm guessing this might take place before Halo 5?
An energy spear, a freaking energy spear?! That's freaking awesome!!
Oh Grim, you tease us too much. So much so that one day we will all rise and rebel against those that suppress our right to know what is happening! Why are these colonies going dark? Who is this female Sangheili gracing the cover with Half-Jaw? When will Beamish rise and take his true place as saviour of the Galaxy?

All in all though 'twas a great Canon Fodder even though much of it was just teasing.
A bit of tin foil hat in this statement but... Requiem was 'presumed destroyed'. Cool.
Loved the Cannon Fodder Grim as always! Lemme guess, Requiem entered slip space right before it entered Epoloch and that's what made the star go kablooey? Hahaha
Nice entry Grim!! Well, Requiem apparently is stronger than we thought. Makes me wonder many things.
A female Sangheili warrior !!! That is amazing, finally. And what an awesome weapon!
Please Grim, there are a lot of ship fans here, waiting for any info on those ships. Pleaseee make the waiting a little bit shorter.
Dope stuff YAY for female sangheili!! Now all we need is a Jiralhanae female...
Oh my God YES! I can't wait to get my hands on it!! That cover art 😍
Female Sangheili on the cover? Appears to be Thel 'Vadam with the Arbiter Combat Harness, bestowed to him by the High Prophets, and a rather unique Energy Stave or Spear? So far now we have seen:
  • Energy Sword
  • Gravity Hammer
  • Energy Dagger
  • Energy Stave
  • Energy Cutlass
  • Plasma Mace
  • Energy Spear
The energy spear, in the cover art, is reminiscent of some Forerunner depictions for a certain 'Titan' project that was ultimately canceled... and the ceremonial energy staves of the Covenant Empire.
I always thought half-jaw was just a fan nickname.
So...is she gonna be Thel's daughter or a new warrior fighting for the Arbiter. Either way that armor is badass on her.
If I guessed that these new ship designs are purely 100% Sangheili in origin, would I be far off? I assume that the San'Shyuum had significant input in the ship designs produced while they reined over the covenant. I've wanted to see a more "native" Sangheili design ever since I read Broken Circle.
Quote:
primitus
What?
The cover art of Shadow of Intent looks amazing! It's great to see Thel and Rtas are confirmed to appear in the book.
I'm so happy to have Joseph Staten working on Halo again - if only for one book!
The cover art of Shadow of Intent looks amazing! It's great to see Thel and Rtas are confirmed to appear in the book.
I'm so happy to have Joseph Staten working on Halo again - if only for one book!
Again... not Thel.
I'm intrigued to learn more about this Prelate and I wonder if he may have some connection to the disappearance of Huragok noted in Glasslands (or Thursday War but one of the two). If so, he'd have a huge group of Huragok on hand to help in the repair or maintenance of any Forerunner technology he came across.
Again... not Thel.
Just read it fully now. Sorry about that, Grim. I had only looked at the cover when I posted that. I assumed it was Thel based off of the armour alone. Now that I've read it, I'm extremely excited to see a female Sangheili for the first time since Halo Legends! I also love the appearance of her spear. As if the revelations of Energy Maces wasn't bad -Yoink- enough in the HW2 trailer. :D

Thanks so much for the awesome Canon Fodder!
erickyboo wrote:
I wonder what the ironic name of the prophet will be this time!
Probably something like Complacency, Forgiveness, Humility, or Pacivism. Though maybe it'd be too obviously ironic?

Then again Mercy & Regret were shown to be ironic really fast.
Is Requiem presumed destroyed purely because the UNSC haven't been back to check so have no official confirmation?
Can't wait to read this novel, I'm very curious about the new character! Are you going to share something about her before it releases or we'll have to wait until december? If not, wort wort wort on you.

Also the new map totally looks like one of those small parks you could find in New Mombasa while playing ODST. I know it's somewhere else, but it just brings back nice memories.
Is Requiem presumed destroyed purely because the UNSC haven't been back to check so have no official confirmation?
There's... nothing to check. Epoloch is gone. The entire star system is just no longer there anymore, due to the nova that Shield World 0001 induced when it dunked into the [system primary].

EDIT: Grim, for what it's worth, are there any plans to switch the forums over to XenForo [layout]? The current quote system is a complete joke.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4