Canon Fodder 9-3-15: Shadow of Intense

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Rtas' energy sword has a 'cover' over the handle. It looks more like the Prophet's Bane's handle than a normal energy sword's. Just compare the covers of 'Shadow of Intent' and 'Hunters in the Dark'. The blade itself still looks the same. Does he have his own custom energy sword like Thel does?

It also sounds like he has earned his retirement after going through the war ._.
Thanks for the update Grim! I look forward to another Staten-driven story.

Quote:
primitus
What?
"First"
Hmmm well I would deduce that this new female Sangheili might be someone we have heard of before.... many people are confusing her with a Halo 3 era Thel Vadam due to the 'Arbiteresque' armour. Now who do we know who has a passion for that design?

"Helioskrill armor was crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster." (Halo 5 armour description)

While Helioskrill is a Mjolnir variant, it is possible that she could of crafted her own combat harness in the Arbiter armour likeness following the Great Schism. The real question is why that particular armour? Is she a relation of Thel and donned his old armour after he swapped it for his newer set? Is the position of 'Arbiter' still a thing within the Swords of Sangheilios and thus she is the new 'Arbiter'. She is described as a 'Prodigy' and the Shadow of Intent cover shows her to be a warrior- perhaps they have returned to the old concept of Arbiters being 'warrior kings' as the prophets put it. This would explain her being with Half-Jaw, who is also a legendary warrior, and would explain why she would want to prove herself by 'testing her skill against the best humanity has to offer'.

TL:DR the female Sangheili on the cover is the one who makes the Helioskrill armour in Halo 5.
Me right now...

EIGHT. YEARS.

Grim, you are contractually obliged to tell us all about this lady Sangheili this instant! Does this confirm that the protector of eggs female warrior tradition from Broken Circle has covertly survived several thousand years into the modern era? I MUST KNOW!
Grim, our hearts are just too fragile for this! Last Light, Hunt the Truth season 2, Halo 5, Escalation drawing to a close after 2 years... and you think now is a good time to be like "lol let's tease them about this thing they've been waiting almost a decade for!"

This is why we love you...
You forgot Halo Wars 2 (which I'm super hyped for because I'm too poor for an Xbox One) and Halo: THE TELEVISION SERIES.
HW2 will be on the 360? Doubtful...
Me right now...

EIGHT. YEARS.

Grim, you are contractually obliged to tell us all about this lady Sangheili this instant! Does this confirm that the protector of eggs female warrior tradition from Broken Circle has covertly survived several thousand years into the modern era? I MUST KNOW!
Grim, our hearts are just too fragile for this! Last Light, Hunt the Truth season 2, Halo 5, Escalation drawing to a close after 2 years... and you think now is a good time to be like "lol let's tease them about this thing they've been waiting almost a decade for!"

This is why we love you...
You forgot Halo Wars 2 (which I'm super hyped for because I'm too poor for an Xbox One) and Halo: THE TELEVISION SERIES.
HW2 will be on the 360? Doubtful...
No. But it will also release on Windows 10
Hmmm well I would deduce that this new female Sangheili might be someone we have heard of before.... many people are confusing her with a Halo 3 era Thel Vadam due to the 'Arbiteresque' armour. Now who do we know who has a passion for that design?

"Helioskrill armor was crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster." (Halo 5 armour description)

While Helioskrill is a Mjolnir variant, it is possible that she could of crafted her own combat harness in the Arbiter armour likeness following the Great Schism. The real question is why that particular armour? Is she a relation of Thel and donned his old armour after he swapped it for his newer set? Is the position of 'Arbiter' still a thing within the Swords of Sangheilios and thus she is the new 'Arbiter'. She is described as a 'Prodigy' and the Shadow of Intent cover shows her to be a warrior- perhaps they have returned to the old concept of Arbiters being 'warrior kings' as the prophets put it. This would explain her being with Half-Jaw, who is also a legendary warrior, and would explain why she would want to prove herself by 'testing her skill against the best humanity has to offer'.

TL:DR the female Sangheili on the cover is the one who makes the Helioskrill armour in Halo 5.
I have seen the truth and there is no going back.

U beat me to it! Yup I'm pretty sure she made Helioskrill armour...
Wait there were multiple Prelates? I thought there was only one who served as essentially the Mayor of High Charity. Also...how did he survive?
Looks Awesome!!
Wait there were multiple Prelates? I thought there was only one who served as essentially the Mayor of High Charity. Also...how did he survive?
Perhaps he is a Prelate from another Covenant world? Or if he is the same Prelate than he probably managed to get out before the Flood really took over High Charity.
Was nice to hear that Sully was still curious about info, actually him using his power in ONI to get more info on the chief. Sadly how he did it was rather mean of him

Quote:
primitus
Well nice to see you pop by Catalog. Hows your operations coming along.
Apparently, there was a tech issue with the Requiem article, and you guys weren't actually reading the updated version. Which frankly, leaves me impressed at how positively you all still received it lol. Surprised no one questioned it.

Here's the actual full article: REQUIEM

<3
Grim
Oh no! We didn't notice!? How embarrassing for all!

Interesting, although it doesn't have The Gate, Sniper Alley, Harvester, Control and Quarry. I guess these will be added later.

I'm guessing the Sentinels of Forge Islands are, the actual islands?
I wonder what those black crystals in Warrens are.
Apparently, there was a tech issue with the Requiem article, and you guys weren't actually reading the updated version. Which frankly, leaves me impressed at how positively you all still received it lol. Surprised no one questioned it.

<3
Grim
The gift that keeps on giving

<3
Grim
We do what we can. 40 issues in now... time flies, eh?

Hopefully fans have been pleased with this year in the lore department. :-)

<3
Grim

It has been great thanks. I struggle to remember life pre-canon fodder

<3
Grim

It has been great thanks. I struggle to remember life pre-canon fodder
Grim does spoil us. I mean how else was I suppose to know Moa Nuggets exist. ;)
You never disappoint.
40 already! Wow!
7 more before Guardians releases!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4