Canon Fodder 9-3-15: Shadow of Intense

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Apparently, there was a tech issue with the Requiem article, and you guys weren't actually reading the updated version. Which frankly, leaves me impressed at how positively you all still received it lol. Surprised no one questioned it.

Here's the actual full article: REQUIEM

<3
Grim
The gift that keeps on giving
We do what we can. 40 issues in now... time flies, eh?

Hopefully fans have been pleased with this year in the lore department. :-)
*bows repetitively*
Gotta love the Lars cup ref.

Super excited for this novel, I just imagine Joe has been thinking of great Halo stories while simultaneously cursing that other company and their story hacking ways. I think I will re-read The Fall of Reach just to bask in all of it's glory before I hit this one up.
That bit about Sully becoming more determined to stop the enemy no matter the cost, to the point where it concerned his superiors, makes his response to Ben saying he's done, "Yes, you are", all the more chilling.
Awesome!.Cant wait for shadow of intent!
Hmmm well I would deduce that this new female Sangheili might be someone we have heard of before.... many people are confusing her with a Halo 3 era Thel Vadam due to the 'Arbiteresque' armour. Now who do we know who has a passion for that design?

"Helioskrill armor was crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster." (Halo 5 armour description)

While Helioskrill is a Mjolnir variant, it is possible that she could of crafted her own combat harness in the Arbiter armour likeness following the Great Schism. The real question is why that particular armour? Is she a relation of Thel and donned his old armour after he swapped it for his newer set? Is the position of 'Arbiter' still a thing within the Swords of Sangheilios and thus she is the new 'Arbiter'. She is described as a 'Prodigy' and the Shadow of Intent cover shows her to be a warrior- perhaps they have returned to the old concept of Arbiters being 'warrior kings' as the prophets put it. This would explain her being with Half-Jaw, who is also a legendary warrior, and would explain why she would want to prove herself by 'testing her skill against the best humanity has to offer'.

TL:DR the female Sangheili on the cover is the one who makes the Helioskrill armour in Halo 5.
This is what i'm guessing, It certainly would be interesting to see a new arbiter.
Hmmm well I would deduce that this new female Sangheili might be someone we have heard of before.... many people are confusing her with a Halo 3 era Thel Vadam due to the 'Arbiteresque' armour. Now who do we know who has a passion for that design?

"Helioskrill armor was crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster." (Halo 5 armour description)

While Helioskrill is a Mjolnir variant, it is possible that she could of crafted her own combat harness in the Arbiter armour likeness following the Great Schism. The real question is why that particular armour? Is she a relation of Thel and donned his old armour after he swapped it for his newer set? Is the position of 'Arbiter' still a thing within the Swords of Sangheilios and thus she is the new 'Arbiter'. She is described as a 'Prodigy' and the Shadow of Intent cover shows her to be a warrior- perhaps they have returned to the old concept of Arbiters being 'warrior kings' as the prophets put it. This would explain her being with Half-Jaw, who is also a legendary warrior, and would explain why she would want to prove herself by 'testing her skill against the best humanity has to offer'.

TL:DR the female Sangheili on the cover is the one who makes the Helioskrill armour in Halo 5.
This is what i'm guessing, It certainly would be interesting to see a new arbiter.
She is a Sangheili warrior wearing a helmet of traditional design. She is not a scientist and not an Arbiter according to Grim.
Shadow of Intent is going to good. Knowing Joe Staten is writing the book makes me happy.
Though I didn't expect that as the description for the book. Though I'm still expecting reading the SoI destroying those three Prowler ships and fighting Jul's Covenant.
That cover art doe! H2A Rtas, Halo Wars-style Energy Sword... and a female Elite wearing Arbiter-like armor? My curiosity has piqued.
Also, dat freaking Energy Stave! Seriously 343i, you're teasing me way too much about Energy Staves. First the blue Energy Staves in Escalation, then the Armiger Energy Staves in Hunters In The Dark, and now this? Stahp (but don't)!... Okay, so maybe it's more like an Energy Spear, but still!

Plaza is definitely the Arena map I'm most excited to play.

Ah, Sully. Loved ya in Forward Unto Dawn, and loved hearing your return in HUNTtheTRUTH.

Interesting to read what all those Requiem locales may have originally been for.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4