Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon question to 343i about Nicole

OP erickyboo

Is Nicole-458 canon or not? Vociferous? Anyone? Full details? Please?
It's a yes or no question to me. The answer is no.
I need official 343i word.
ld hope not considering that even if you accept that she went back in time, then why would she join a fighting tournament?
Well she's not canon Bungie confirmed it in 2005.

Quote:
Here's a list of things Nicole, Spartan 458 is NOT .
•She's not a character who's ever been described in other Halo fiction.
•She's not a character from our next project.
•She's not one of the Spartans from Fall of Reach.
•She's not a character from the Halo movie.
•She's not returning my calls. I blame time bubbles.

Link to update
I'm not saying if her going back in time and doing what she did in Dead or Alive 4 is canon but her character. I'm asking, was there ever a Nicole-458 character. It's for something back at Bungie.net.
Quote:
I'm not saying if her going back in time and doing what she did in Dead or Alive 4 is canon but her character. I'm asking, was there ever a Nicole-458 character. It's for something back at Bungie.net.
Oh I just went on B-net and I now know what you mean.
Well due to the Otto message there's lots of things going on. Halopedia used it as a excuse to make her canon.

Well she get's classed for the moment like ILB if it's existence contradicts something that exists already then it's not canon. And to be ironic a S-II class 2 was mentioned in ILB so she could be one of them(She was born in 2531 so she couldn't be a S-II class 1).

And there's the option that she never existed. As I'm looking at the update I linked earlier and it says "She's not a character who's ever been described in other Halo fiction."

So take your pick exist or not to exist. Both argument's reasonable if you ask me.

So for the mean time wait and the answer will come.
And this is why I made the thread. We'll see if we get an answer.
343 didn't make Nicole, Bungie did. That way way before 343 was made. So it should be more appropriate to ask Bungie. Oh wait, I already did. And Evil Otto said she's canon, but her appearance in DoA4 is non canon. I can compare this to Odd One out. John, Cortana, Keyes and Truth are all canon but their appearance in it is non canon.
343i has the final word. They're they hold Halo. We trust them.
She exists in the DOA universe but not the Haloverse. (use old Obi-Wans' voice)
Nicole is not canon. Her service tag is too large for her to be a Spartan II, similar to another non-canon Spartan 1337 from Legends
Quote:
Nicole is not canon. Her service tag is too large for her to be a Spartan II, similar to another non-canon Spartan 1337 from Legends
Remember what I said about S-II Class 2 that was in ILB's she could be one of them. This means that she could have any number just as long as it's not taken by a S-II Class 1 or S-III.
Quote:
Quote:
Remember what I said about S-II Class 2 that was in ILB's she could be one of them. This means that she could have any number just as long as it's not taken by a S-II Class 1 or S-III.

Class II is non-canon. There are no direct sources to say it is. ILB isn't canon anymore as far as I'm aware. The only Class II we knew of was Yasmine, and she is noted in the Encyclopdedia to be one of the original Spartan II washouts, not a Class II washout. This "retcon" essentially removed all evidence of a "Class II" ever existing.
Nicole is real but the everything that involves her in dead or alive 4 is non cannon but this means she is the first ever SPARTAN-II Class 2 to have been seen
Quote:
343 didn't make Nicole, Bungie did.
Actually, no. The makers of Dead or Alive 4 made Nicole. They only consulted Bungie in her creation - such as the finer details of the Nassau Station level, her design, movements, etc.

For me, this makes her NOT Halo Canon, no matter what Otto says.
She is based on a "real" and properly defined Spartan, but the appearance in the DOA game, for obvious reasons, is not canonical. That Spartan COULD be featured elsewhere, but there are no current plans.
Quote:
She is based on a "real" and properly defined Spartan, but the appearance in the DOA game, for obvious reasons, is not canonical. That Spartan COULD be featured elsewhere, but there are no current plans.
Thakn you for your answer! I'm not sure what the first sentence means but I'll find out later.
[I'm spartan 100,
for people from B.net universe]
Quote:
Nicole is real but the everything that involves her in dead or alive 4 is non cannon but this means she is the first ever SPARTAN-II Class 2 to have been seen
Yay! You came to the Waypoint forums too. Can't wait to see what intelligent and credible posts you come up with!
So basically you just said the same thing that Evil Otto said, she's canon but her appearance in DoA4 is non-canon.