Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Captain Keyes vs...

OP J kid789

Captain Jacob Keyes was named one of the most brilliant tacticians in the UNSC Navy. That being said, who would win between

Keyes and Admiral Cole

Feel free to ask your own vs questions.
admiral cole. he blew up a gas giant to kill off some covie ships, this guy is ready to go to the extremes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What kind of fight?
An fist-fight?
An tactical comparsion?
Chess?
Not seeing your family for years?(both of them are great in this)
Cole was the better tactican,no doubt,but I find Keyes was the "better" human.
Impossible to tell
Put them each in a suit of Mjolnir Mark IV armour. The rules immediately become very simple: First person to twitch a muscle dies
Keyes was really a captain, while Cole was a fleet commander and naval strategist.
Overall, Cole would have the upper hand because he WAS a captain himself, while Keyes have little to no actual experience in fleet combat.

You never want to put people in charge of thing they're not familiar with.You would never let master Chief run ONI, Buck be in charge of Spartan V, or Hood as a marine.
admiral cole. he blew up a gas giant to kill off some covie ships, this guy is ready to go to the extremes.
That's really cool to think about!
Keyes was really a captain, while Cole was a fleet commander and naval strategist.
Overall, Cole would have the upper hand because he WAS a captain himself, while Keyes have little to no actual experience in fleet combat.

You never want to put people in charge of thing they're not familiar with.You would never let master Chief run ONI, Buck be in charge of Spartan V, or Hood as a marine.
I have to agree on all points except for one. I would totally let Buck be in charge of Spartan V. Knock some sense into those upstarts. Show them how a real Spartan gets it done.
What kind of fight?
An fist-fight?
An tactical comparsion?
Chess?
Not seeing your family for years?(both of them are great in this)
Cole was the better tactican,no doubt,but I find Keyes was the "better" human.
I'm going to go with a 3 tier competition
  1. Start with a military history, strategy analyzing, game (tactics)
  2. Followed by a chess game to play out those analyzed tactics
  3. Then a fistfight to see who can think on their feet better.
All while avoiding their families for as long as humanly possible.
Does that answer your question?
But seriously, for at least on comparisons where they actually fight, let's say Keyes commanding the Pillar of Autumn and Cole commanding the Everest.
Put them each in a suit of Mjolnir Mark IV armour. The rules immediately become very simple: First person to twitch a muscle dies
A-A-ACHOOO!!!
Followed by screams of infinite pain for about 7 seconds.
Silence.

I should've been more specific about the fight, I update what I meant. Sorry
J kid789 wrote:

I should've been more specific about the fight, I update what I meant. Sorry
In the future please from refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add more information and respond to more than one person in a single post.
J kid789 wrote:
But seriously, for at least on comparisons where they actually fight, let's say Keyes commanding the Pillar of Autumn and Cole commanding the Everest.
Even if we were to ignore the abilities of each individual, this match-up is rather unfair. The Everest, a Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser and one of the most advanced ships in the UNSC's wartime fleet against the Pillar of Autumn, a Halcyon-class light cruiser, which were notorious for being lacking, to say the least. Granted, the Autumn did receive upgrades for RED FLAG that her sister ships didn't, but this still puts C-709 at a significant disadvantage.
J kid789 wrote:
Even if we were to ignore the abilities of each individual, this match-up is rather unfair. The Everest, a Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser and one of the most advanced ships in the UNSC's wartime fleet against the Pillar of Autumn, a Halcyon-class light cruiser, which were notorious for being lacking, to say the least. Granted, the Autumn did receive upgrades for RED FLAG that her sister ships didn't, but this still puts C-709 at a significant disadvantage.
True the Autumn is lacking in a few departments, but the reason it was chosen for Red Flag was because it could take a severe beating. So I think it comes down to the best tactician, because Keyes was always at a disadvantage, and being granted an upgrade from destroyer to cruiser I think he could hold his own.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
True the Autumn is lacking in a few departments, but the reason it was chosen for Red Flag was because it could take a severe beating. So I think it comes down to the best tactician, because Keyes was always at a disadvantage, and being granted an upgrade from destroyer to cruiser I think he could hold his own.
With his upgraded ship against that ship, I think Keyes would make a blind jump whilst ensuring that they were running dark. And if the ship did find them, Keyes would make the PoA go into Combat Alert Alpha; making sure everyone is at their stations.