Catalog Discussion(Catalog Info thread)

OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
Hello Halo Community. This thread will be used to discuss the mysterious figure known as the Catalog. This thread is not a query thread but a thread to discuss and record and even research the responses said by the Catalog.

Current Date according to the Catalog:26th September 2558(Escalations is over date could be wrong, will update if the catalog references events that happen in the future.)

Rules
Do not post queries here. That is reserved for the other threads
Follow the rules as normal if you haven't read them read them here
KEEP IT CLEAN

There is always a discussion here at the IRC:
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.webchat.org&channel=#Halo5

How Catalog will respond to our responses and query thread:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/catalog-interaction/4c3e1c6f-6519-4ee0-83a4-4bac13bf07a3/posts?page=1

Toafreaks Halo Canon What is Catalog video series(Last Episode got Posts up to the 24th August 2014)
What is Catalog- Episode 1
What is Catalog- Episode 2
What is Catalog- Episode 3
What is Catalog- Episode 4
What is Catalog- Episode 5
What is Catalog- Episode 6
What is Catalog- Episode 7
What is Catalog- Episode 8

Heres a link to the Halopedia page on the beings known as Catalog. Wouldnt put everything we have at it. But it gives those who have little idea or didnt take in the information in Silentium.
http://www.halopedia.org/Catalog
Catalog Post Links(In Brackets is the in universe date)
27th June 2014(3rd March 2558)
Information gained from Catalogs posts sorted so its easy to understand

Story
-Catalog answers questions.
-Catalog fails to access domain so access Edom Terminal\Juridical
-Intrusion detected there and Builder Security is alerted.
-Catalog is pending Great Guardian review
-Catalog fears logic plague and goes to clear it
-Catalog cleared logic plague fear
-Catalog is unable to contact Builder Security over the intruder.
-Installation AI reports acceptable conditions
-Catalog queues request for a low intensity military exploration to check up on Edom Terminal\Juridical
-Catalog loses connection to Edom Terminal\Juridical. Connection is refused and then locked.
-Catalog starts query on the lock out of this terminal.(0%)
-Catalog temporary establishes links to answer our questions
-Corrects a mistake it made.
-Moves thread. Calling it a record translation(maybe this is two different points)
-Catalogs query on the lock out of the terminal is at 43%
-Catalog says it is investigating us and recording its interactions with us
-Catalog finished its query and goes though security logs.(3rd March 2558)
-Catalog finds out actual physical intruders, and discovers the terminals relay is destroyed.
-Catalog discovers 9204 unauthorized constructs in the data center of the Terminal.
-Edom Terminal\Juricidal AI 4096 is lax and ignores the Catalog. Builder Security still doesnt respond.

Characteristics
-Catalog Sometimes Speaks in Latin and Base64
-Catalog filters and prioritizes queries
-To many queries may confuse it
-Disappears after questions based on the Logic plaque.
-Need a higher command authority to find out Catalogs task
-Not under authority of ONI or the UNSC
-The Catalog is not in Sync by 100070.92 years and has 16777216 cases to do. And did a search and assess 232 years ago.
-Might make a mistake but corrects its answer (keep an eye out)
-Catalog Makes a post saying how he will do stuff. Link here
-Catalog can read Italian.
-Catalog is used X.E8 to access the Terminal/Juricidal

Access and attempted contact
-Catalog has access to logs recovered by Noble 6 on Reach
-Catalog has access to Local Forerunner files
-Catalog has access to the UNSC Navy Threat Database
-Catalog has access to Human OPERATION HYDRA security forces combat data
-Has access to REAP-X reports
-Catalog has access to ONI cores and records(Some progress is hindered by Security constructs and spiders)
-Catalog had access to Edom Terminal\Juridical on Mars till locked out
-Catalog is unable to contact the Domain.(He knows it gone)
-Catalog is unable to contact its zone commanders.
-Catalog is unable to contact monitor 049 Abject Testament
-Catalog is unable to contact builder Security
-Needs command authority to give information on Mjolnir Armour
-High Charity, Waypoint information is restricted by the Librarian
-Require elevated command authority to find out Catalogs task, and information on Installation 07
-Local cache has no information on a cure to the flood.
-Edom control is waiting for a reply by Installation 05.
-Legal access to ONI files is noted in report to Lifeworker
-Information is restricted on the ARK by the Librarian
-Juridical activities is not subject to external review.
-Cant get info on Omega Team and Red team pending events in Halo Wars
-Cant get information on Virgil and the other Engineers
-Records of surface [fittings] at [delta site] sealed by authority of Ecumene Council.
-If something goes missing the Catalog cant find it out
-Cant get answer on Flood infestation at Delta Halo without sensor data

Requests and info it makes about data
-Local cache has no information on a cure to the flood.
-Catalog forwards Manifold profile of High Charity, but Waypoint information is restricted by the Librarian
-Catalog requests [index technician] review on Elites
-Requests Gamma halo status from ecumene control
-Forerunners fate sealed, pending Juridical review of New Council activates
-Librarian control authorization pending Juridical review of New Council activates [November 7, 2552]
-Revoked ecumene [control] authorization requested [July 22, 2557].
-Requests for detailed analysis of Human biological robustness forwarded to index technician.

Base64 tibits
Base64:Rm9yIGV2ZXJ5IGpveSB0aGVyZSBpcyBhIHByaWNl,
English: For every joy there is a price

Base64:Rm9jdXMuIFByb3RlY3QuIFByZXNlcnZlLg==
English: Focus. Protect. Preserve.

Base64:QWxsIGxhdyBmb2xsb3dzIHRoZSBNYW50bGUgb2YgUmVzcG9uc2liaWxpdHkuIFthZXF1aXRhcyBzZXF1aXR1ciBsZWdlbV0u
English: All law follows the Mantle of Responsibility. [aequitas sequitur legem].
Side notes(Things that Catalog told us about Halo Canon)
-Halsey is Mirandas mother
-Noble 6 did find the Data-pads on Reach about the rogue group of AI’s known as the Assembly, just the information in them is contested
-Don’t skip Kilo-5
-Johnson is not Locke’s Father
-The Mantles Approach was not approved by the Forerunner council, but allowed by Master Builder
-The Mantles Approach has numerous forms.
-The Mantles Approach’s height is 25.266 units, Width is 9.43 units, and Length is 11.364 units
-No bears confirmed to be in the crash at Alpha Halo.
-Forerunner installation on Mars called Edom Terminal\juridical
-High Charity entered slip-space to the Ark round mars at November 18th 2552, 3:45PM
-Life expectancy of an Elite is 27 years at time it was recorded when the Librarian -Indexed them
-Ivanoff Station is still active
-Forerunners are going on a route a place of repentance
-The year 2324 means nothing to the Catalog meaning the Section 3 ARG is not part of this
-Coral is called CE-2-1239 e to forerunners
-The Boomerang Nebula has Flood in it and numerous star roads. No transit is permitted
-343 Guilty Spark filled a report on Monitor 117649 and Monitor 2401. Hinting that they were not doing their duty
-No cases on Monitor 049. He’s MIA pretty much
-Monitor 2401 filled a message wrongly 2621 years ago saying he had a sore head.
-N'thro 'Sraom and Usze 'Taham confirmed active post-Covenant War
-ONI knew of the existence of the flood but didn’t do anything with that information till evaluation of the events of Alpha Halo(2553)
-Blue team is still active
-Infinity is a destroyer in Forerunner terms
-HydrAi a character in the Section 3 ARG is inactive in inaccessible cores.
-Henry may be dead. And two operations RED CLOUD and WHITE SAND are related to the ship Red Horse. There are 23 Alerts and a spider attempting to stop the Catalog getting more data.
-Gray team is still missing
-Black team is active at Ivanoff Station. And are called Otto-031, Margaret-053, Victor-101, and Roma-143
-Theres a coffee shop for every single person round the 434 combat readiness lab in Seattle
-UNSC Rubicon went MIA on July 02, 2557
-The moon X50(Spartan Assault) is called a Miner Facility and is "OR-3-212 e" to the forerunners.
-The Ur-Didact composed New Phoenix on 25th July 2557
-The Iso-Didact still alive?
-Reclaimer is not an offical term to describe a client species
-Urs(Elite home system) is called CE-80-9012 to the forerunners
-Covenant Assault Carrier Shadow of Intent is still active and improved and kept an eye on by ONI
-Spartan Gamma Company Disbanded and became Spartans-IVs or civilians
-There are Grunt fractions with Ships
-Lydus and the Brute Chieftain in Halo Wars are not the same
-Oth Sonin(Brute Home System is called CE-75-2113 to the forerunners
-Lydus did not leave his home system until 2546.
-No cases pending against Lifeworker Chant-to-Green
-Installation 07's quarantine is adequate
-Ur-Didacts monologue at the end of Halo 4 was recorded before the firing of the rings
-Civilians take control of the government again in January 8, 2553
-UNSC Air Force is under control of UNICOM
-Harvest is called CE-309-8 d to the forerunners and has a area to locate shield worlds, and research flood.
-Epsilon Indi system is called UC-901-9081 to the forerunners and was seen by a survey group
-The ship the Prophets found the Medicant Bias fragment wasnt meant to be on their homeworld.
-Sanghelios is called CE-80-9012 d to the forerunners. And Humans and Elites are studying about the forerunner ship.
-The Service number of Sergeant Zhao Heng Lopez is 11283-99001-ZL and died on the 25th October 2552
-The Service number of Nolan Byrne is 48780-19114-NB and died on November 17, 2552
If I may make a suggestion, I suggest you update the OP or reserved post with information about the universe the catalog has given us. Such as there being something on Mars, and that the 2 elites from halo 3 do exist in the universe.

Also, I think we are going about this the wrong way. Catalog has been answering our questions about the universe non-stop. Shouldn't we be answering its questions.
-So we know there's a portal on Edom (Mars) that's capable of transporting High Charity to the Ark.
-There also might be other Forerunner facilities there, for various purposes, that might still be active.
-The Sangheili, N'tho 'Sraom and Usze 'Taham are still active.
-There's a possible reference to the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
-Any talk about the Flood has the possibility of shutting down Catalog for a short time to avoid the logic plague.
I asked about Installation 07's quarantine... It does have one correct? Or has it been a while since I read Primordium...? Catalog did say that further queries on Zeta Halo's monitor specifically required special authorization.

Also asked who built the ancient ruins on Installation 05. Thought we would all be interested and there isn't one theory that is more plausible than any other.
I'm more interested in the Catalog asking ME questions.
Quote:
If I may make a suggestion, I suggest you update the OP or reserved post with information about the universe the catalog has given us. Such as there being something on Mars, and that the 2 elites from halo 3 do exist in the universe.

Also, I think we are going about this the wrong way. Catalog has been answering our questions about the universe non-stop. Shouldn't we be answering its questions.
I was getting to it.

And I know right. That's what I was trying to get it to do at the start of the old thread. It only lead up to a error.
Quote:
Query: What is the significance of the Boomerang Nebula

Searching . . .
Updating coordinates from Edom [control].
Searching . . .
Location coincident with multiple [star road] loci.
Location coincident with multiple [classis malum].
Warning! Fleet command [sector] designation: Burn. No transit permitted.
Informs us that the Boomerang Nebula is flood infested and contains possible Precursor artifacts such as star roads.

Quote:
Warning! Time since last successful synchronization: 876621261±512 [hours]
Corresponds to 100005 years give or take, meaning around 97453 BC. Any events translate to that date?
It was always one above the rest...
SH9hfX:2JHuvc4dheHimJISzeYSpQx1LMj1vMj5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1vMj1uMT1vMT5uMT1uMT5uMT1vMT1uMj1vMT5uMT1vMT1vMT1vMT5uMj5uMj5uMj1>
I feel the biggest reveal so far has been the information about the Boomerang Nebula containing (enemy forms/fleets) and star roads, and being a Burn. Unless this has been revealed elsewhere, Catalog may have just told us where the Flood will attack us from next.

Edit: sorry above poster, just reiterated your post.
@CIA391
You said he needs higher authority to give informations about classified projects. Could providing Halsey's identification code give us access to these informations? Maybe a digital copy of her badge? Or are there other passkeys, codes or whatever, that we can use to obtain access to classified data?
Quote:
@CIA391
You said he needs higher authority to give informations about classified projects. Could providing Halsey's identification code give us access to these informations? Maybe a digital copy of her badge? Or are there other passkeys, codes or whatever, that we can use to obtain access to classified data?
Maybe, I mean Catalog did say this in the topic about Armor.
Quote:
Query Answer: Alert! Unable to contact zone commanders. Unable to initiate Domain link.

Awaiting command authority to release threat dynamic report for Human combat skin variants[ref: MJOLNIR].
Quote:
Quote:
@CIA391
Quote:
Query Answer: Alert! Unable to contact zone commanders. Unable to initiate Domain link.

Awaiting command authority to release threat dynamic report for Human combat skin variants[ref: MJOLNIR].
He probably means forerunner authority...
Mjolnir was Halsey's project, and she is a reclaimer.
This construct curiously refers to forerunner commanders and not to reclaimers, as the huragoks on trevelyan before understanding that their "masters" were dead. He doesn't consider us as an authority.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@CIA391
Quote:

This construct curiously refers to forerunner commanders and not to reclaimers, as the huragoks on trevelyan before understanding that their "masters" were dead. He doesn't consider us as an authority.
Well we dont know if any of these commanders or authority's are dead, missing, ignoring, or unable to respond or hear the Catalog.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@CIA391
Quote:

Well we dont know if any of these commanders or authority's are dead, missing, ignoring, or unable to respond or hear the Catalog.
He should know it if his authorities are dead, he has many informations, not like the trevelyan engineers that didn't communicate with the space outside their dimensional time bubble. I suggest you make a query that asks if his "commanders" are dead, missing, ignoring... as you wrote above.
Quote:
I feel the biggest reveal so far has been the information about the Boomerang Nebula containing (enemy forms/fleets) and star roads, and being a Burn. Unless this has been revealed elsewhere, Catalog may have just told us where the Flood will attack us from next.
It's possible its using the last known information on that region.

Likewise, I think its average elite lifespan is based on the time of the halo event. All elites in the visual guide have lived around 3 times the number Catalog has provided.
Did parangosky or anyone from ONI use any kind of security key in the Kilo 5 trilogy? Maybe someone used one in one of the ONI reports in the back of the reprints from FoR The flood and first strike?
Quote:
Did parangosky or anyone from ONI use any kind of security key in the Kilo 5 trilogy? Maybe someone used one in one of the ONI reports in the back of the reprints from FoR The flood and first strike?
Catalog responded to a query I made a few days ago saying he doesnt follow ONI or the UNSC's orders. So I doubt a security key will work.
Just going to repost my theory about the four horsemen reference

I bellieve it could be refering to 2 things

1) It could be refering to John rejoining the remnants of blue team or red team and the destructive power all 4 of them would have together

2) the 4 horsemen are 4 individuals who will bring about the end of the world

war=Didact
famine=Locke(running ops against elites, maybe attacking their and human rebel farms)
pestilence=gravemind
death=Master Chief(he does have a habit of blowing stuff up and leaving death in his wake)

that's not to say MC or Locke are out to end the world. But i believe that a clash of the 4 of them would end the world/galaxy. Didact will be raging war against humanity, Locke and others at ONI are running ops to slowly destroy the elites leaving humanity without an ally, chief is going to fight the Didact and the resulting struggle between the 2 will wear down everyone's forces(humans and Promethean's) and the gravemind will come in when everyone is weak from fighting each other and either win or the resulting struggle could cause the death of everything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23