OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23
Have we noticed any pattern in what type of questions seem the most relevant for responses? Which trail of information seems to be the purpose for this quasi-arg?
Quote:
Have we noticed any pattern in what type of questions seem the most relevant for responses? Which trail of information seems to be the purpose for this quasi-arg?

Catalog seems to avoid questions regarding itself and its purpose. It is definitely in contact with an installation on/around Mars.

Maybe we need higher clearance? Any thing regarding forerunner security codes and the like in any of the books?
Quote:
Its unclear, given that its responded to jokes about bear people as well as made a joke about "locke johnson".
There is something wrong...
It's two days that Catalog does not answer our queries, in the last post he gave us notes to ensure low latency and better [customer service], but after that we got no answers, even to queries that don't require information research.
Perhaps there's a precise time between his communications, or they happen everytime at a given hour?
It said in its thread that it can devote the most 'cycles' on fridays and saturdays. AKA, the PR guy handling this is busy the rest of the week :P
Quote:
Just going to repost ...
...that's not to say MC or Locke are out to end the world. But i believe that a clash of the 4 of them would end the world/galaxy. Didact will be raging war against humanity, Locke and others at ONI are running ops to slowly destroy the elites leaving humanity without an ally, chief is going to fight the Didact and the resulting struggle between the 2 will wear down everyone's forces(humans and Promethean's) and the gravemind will come in when everyone is weak from fighting each other and either win or the resulting struggle could cause the death of everything.
Nice theory, my only problem with it is the gravemind seeking out humanity. The flood was a response by the Precursors to the Forerunner's efforts to wipe them out. And as such was not intended to wipe out the other races, hence why the humans were able to find a defense against them. Additionally, we know that Precursors had chosen Humanity to succeed them and take up the Mantle, I doubt they'd try to reverse that decision. It's possible that the flood is off the leash though, and taking whatever is in it's way. As it was during the Human/Forerunner war, Human's were just in the way but were not targeted for destruction by the flood. Which may explain why the Gravemind left Mars alone when it slipped in Mars' orbit. But then again, the Gravemind basically holds the memory of ancient Precursors anyways, it would know that Humans were chosen to replace the Precursors. So we need to decide, does the flood pose a possible extinction threat to humans?
It was always one above the rest...
SH9hfX:2JHuvc4dheHimJISzeYSpQx1LMj1vMj5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1vMj1uMT1vMT5uMT1uMT5uMT1vMT1uMj1vMT5uMT1vMT1vMT1vMT5uMj5uMj5uMj1>
If the Flood regained star roads they certainly have the upper hand. No matter what.
Quote:
It said in its thread that it can devote the most 'cycles' on fridays and saturdays. AKA, the PR guy handling this is busy the rest of the week :P
I understood it like that queries that require extensive information research will be considered low-priority and answered in friday-saturday when catalog dedicated spare cycles to retrieve information outside his archive and the juridical network.
If there are low-priority queries, then some are high priority, probably those that don't involve searching external information.
Quote:
If the Flood regained star roads they certainly have the upper hand. No matter what.
Luckily, those were all destroyed...right?...RIGHT?!
There is no way to tell how many handlers operate the Catalog account and other ARG media/interactions. For all we know it could be limited to only 2 or 3 people doing the entire operation under minimal leadership with another (writing/lore) department.

Realistically I don't think there's a set pattern just yet. The people who work on the accounts probably have other higher priority tasks to complete and get to Catalog queries when there's time. :)
Quote:
There is no way to tell how many handlers operate the Catalog account and other ARG media/interactions. For all we know it could be limited to only 2 or 3 people doing the entire operation under minimal leadership with another (writing/lore) department.

Realistically I don't think there's a set pattern just yet. The people who work on the accounts probably have other higher priority tasks to complete and get to Catalog queries when there's time. :)
Agreed.

Although, I still don't know about Catalog being an ARG, though. It seems like it is more or less a community based interaction to help Halo lore fans whet their appetite some more, while playfully teasing some things for the future.
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Although, I still don't know about Catalog being an ARG, though. It seems like it is more or less a community based interaction to help Halo lore fans whet their appetite some more, while playfully teasing some things for the future.
Agreed. It may evolve into an ARG down the line, but for now (and given Catalog's message to us yesterday), it seem to be a fancy want to answer lore questions without releasing expensive new media (which is fine by me, honestly).
I'm beginning to think that its attempts with jokes, ie Locke Johnson, is the AI learning and becoming more, how you say, "real"? More of a person than a program.
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that its attempts with jokes, ie Locke Johnson, is the AI learning and becoming more, how you say, "real"? More of a person than a program.
But Catalog isn't an AI, it's a heavy augmented and mutated Forerunner.
Quote:
Quote:
That's right, I forgot.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's right, I forgot.
Heres a link to the Halopedia page. Wouldnt put everything we have at it. But it gives those who have little idea or didnt take in the information in Silentium
http://www.halopedia.org/Catalog

Well Catalogs were stripped of Personality, meaning I think when the Catalog answers its really serious about what it says in a canon perspective. Though the actual people who run this account may be having a joke with us(I like that logic).

Catalogs are constantly on the look out for potential crimes. Maybe if one of us said something that would be considered a crime to the Catalog, maybe that will be considered.

Catalogs dont go into their personal origins, so its useless to ask about that.
What is interesting is the Catalog said that Sangheili live only to about 27 years old. Pretty much every Elite we know of VASTLY outlives that mark. Could Catalog's information be severely outdated?
Quote:
What is interesting is the Catalog said that Sangheili live only to about 27 years old. Pretty much every Elite we know of VASTLY outlives that mark. Could Catalog's information be severely outdated?
Well, the domain is down and the jurdical network is probably in shambles. It also talked about some nebula being full of star roads and enemy ships, which is likely also outdated.

it is probably running off of what logs it has and what is picked up from its position on Mars.
Quote:
Its possible that number is an approx judged by actual figures.
Because the Sangheili lifestyle where many die at young ages due to not being strong enough.
Younger sangheili children are not protected(bar one case see Bloodlines)
If their honor is broken, Sangheili are more likely to kill themselves.

I mean with all this, its not hard to imagine the age a Sangheili will live up to being 27.
Another thing to note is the apparent Forerunner facility and portal located on Mars. Does the UNSC know of this? How can they not? Mars is a very populous UNSC world, which has also been completely terraformed being "as blue and green as Earth". Also Mars was a major battleground during October/November of 2552 once of such battles being the well known Battle of Mare Erythraeum. So with all the Human and even Covenant activity on Mars how could such a Forerunner facility go unnoticed?

Also remember the portal on Mars must be GIGANTIC for it to fit High Charity through making it hard to miss.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 23