Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Catalog Discussion(Catalog Info thread)

OP CIA391

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 23
Quote:
Another thing to note is the apparent Forerunner facility and portal located on Mars. Does the UNSC know of this? How can they not? Mars is a very populous UNSC world, which has also been completely terraformed being "as blue and green as Earth". Also Mars was a major battleground during October/November of 2552 once of such battles being the well known Battle of Mare Erythraeum. So with all the Human and even Covenant activity on Mars how could such a Forerunner facility go unnoticed?

Also remember the portal on Mars must be GIGANTIC for it to fit High Charity through making it hard to miss.
I would imagine some sort of Baffler technology could possibly be installed.
Maybe the portal could be on one of Mars' moons? It would be a neat throw back to Marathon seeing as how the moon of Deimos was made into the UESC Marathon.
Post by Catalog in this thread
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2963582_-Spoilers--John-117-is-no-longer-blue-leader.aspx#post2963582

Quote:
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Theoretically all of Blue team has the rank Spartan now, so command may be given back to John.
Correction: Current [frumentarii] records indicate [exploratores] designated "Blue Team" (ref: SPARTAN-II; ref: [ref: Halo Encyclopedia, p. 112) remain under NAVSPECWARCOM [ADCON]. Multiple [bureaucratic tactical] vectors by [frumentarii] to acquire full command authority.
Well from what I get from this
Catalog is still using ONI records.
Well Blue team is apparently Spies now
They are still under the same command.
A group of people from ONI need to give multiple vectors to acquire full command authority of Blue team.
Ok added a list of all the threads the Catalog posted in dated so you know what day he posted in, in the correct order.
Quote:
Maybe the portal could be on one of Mars' moons? It would be a neat throw back to Marathon seeing as how the moon of Deimos was made into the UESC Marathon.
There might not be a portal on Mars at all. It could be that the activity detected by the Mars Terminal was from a normal slipspace jump. High Charity could have easily caught the Slipspace wake created by the Portal on Earth to get to the Ark.
\\sys\admin
Records translation requested.
Records moved.
What what? Who requested a translation?
Quote:
Maybe the portal could be on one of Mars' moons? It would be a neat throw back to Marathon seeing as how the moon of Deimos was made into the UESC Marathon.
There were some dirty secrets on that station too... Man you just put chills down my spine.
Onyx81
Master of Unicorns
What what? Who requested a translation?

The Librarian herself perhaps?
I've been away from waypoint for a time and I'm still playing catch up.
Has anyone asked Catalogue if the Librarian still exists and If he is in active communication with her?.
Quote:
Post by Catalog in this thread
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2963582_-Spoilers--John-117-is-no-longer-blue-leader.aspx#post2963582

Quote:
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Theoretically all of Blue team has the rank Spartan now, so command may be given back to John.
Correction: Current [frumentarii] records indicate [exploratores] designated "Blue Team" (ref: SPARTAN-II; ref: [ref: Halo Encyclopedia, p. 112) remain under NAVSPECWARCOM [ADCON]. Multiple [bureaucratic tactical] vectors by [frumentarii] to acquire full command authority.
Well from what I get from this
Catalog is still using ONI records.
Well Blue team is apparently Spies now
They are still under the same command.
A group of people from ONI need to give multiple vectors to acquire full command authority of Blue team.
Blue team as other spartans was under NAVSPECWARCOM since years.
S-II at the beginning were ONI Special Projects, Sec 3, specifically Halsey, then when they became more operational, after being "tested" with blue team's mission, they were under NAVSPECWARCOM SECTION 3, which is a cover up for ONI, section 3. Generally all Navspecwar was ONI controlled, so by saying that they are under NAVSPECWAR and not the new spartan branch, he is saying that they are still under ONI, specifically (probably) section 3, that don't want to give away the command authority of such important units.
Quote:
Onyx81
Master of Unicorns
What what? Who requested a translation?

The Librarian herself perhaps?
I've been away from waypoint for a time and I'm still playing catch up.
Has anyone asked Catalogue if the Librarian still exists and If he is in active communication with her?.
I believe this to mean the Catalog has now officially moved threads to the Catalog Interaction thread. Nice and simple.
Quote:
Quote:
Onyx81
Master of Unicorns
What what? Who requested a translation?

The Librarian herself perhaps?
I've been away from waypoint for a time and I'm still playing catch up.
Has anyone asked Catalogue if the Librarian still exists and If he is in active communication with her?.
I believe this to mean the Catalog has now officially moved threads to the Catalog Interaction thread. Nice and simple.
Were it so easy...

Nah, probably... Just why request a translation though? That's what aroused suspicion.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Onyx81
Master of Unicorns
What what? Who requested a translation?

The Librarian herself perhaps?
I've been away from waypoint for a time and I'm still playing catch up.
Has anyone asked Catalogue if the Librarian still exists and If he is in active communication with her?.
I believe this to mean the Catalog has now officially moved threads to the Catalog Interaction thread. Nice and simple.
Were it so easy...

Nah, probably... Just why request a translation though? That's what aroused suspicion.
Well given his love for latin, translation could just mean movement. "lation" comes from fero, whose participle is latum, and means bring. So trans-lation "to bring through". In italian "traslazione" (see it sounds similar) means movement.
But I think we have to read it more literally...
Quote:
Quote:
Query: Do you have access to the ONI Databanks?
Query Answer: [cyberintrusion] of [frumentarii] cores currently in progress. Multiple security constructs and [spiders] hindering clerical access [intra vires]. Impedance of legal access noted in report to Lifeworker [case officers].
Spiders? Could this be referencing the System Peril Distributed Reflex [SPDR] from I Love Bees?
Quote:
Query Answer: [quiescent] for [ERR,REGRES] cycles following critical failure of Domain [interlink].
[Librarian] control authorization denied pending Juridical review of New Council activities [November 7, 2552]. [quiescence] ends.
Revoked ecumene [control] authorization requested [July 22, 2557]. Investigative protocols activated. Control [devolution] of Builder and Lifeworker operations in Erde-Tyrene [sphere] requires limited investigative and informational interaction.
Warning! Time since last [search and assess]: 20349480±64 [hours]
Warning! Time since last successful synchronization: 876621297±512 [hours]
For those unaware July 22nd 2557 was the Date the Ur-Didact woke up from his Cryptum in Halo 4.
I wonder what the percentage is about. I mean it was 42% at the start of the most recent post. Then 43% at the end of it.
Quote:
I wonder what the percentage is about. I mean it was 42% at the start of the most recent post. Then 43% at the end of it.
The status of his inquiry (quaere).
He is making an inquiry about erde-tyren and he needs to record some interactions with us. That's what i understood.
Quote:
Quote:
I wonder what the percentage is about. I mean it was 42% at the start of the most recent post. Then 43% at the end of it.
The status of his inquiry (quaere).
He is making an inquiry about erde-tyren and he needs to record some interactions with us. That's what i understood.
I though it was inquiring about the lockdown of the Edom Terminal.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wonder what the percentage is about. I mean it was 42% at the start of the most recent post. Then 43% at the end of it.
The status of his inquiry (quaere).
He is making an inquiry about erde-tyren and he needs to record some interactions with us. That's what i understood.
I though it was inquiring about the lockdown of the Edom Terminal.
Ok it its the lockdown of Edom Terminal

And judging by calculations the Catalog should be done his Queries by the 6th July 2014. I worked this out by working out from when Catalog started the Query and up to when he got up to 43%.
I'm happy that catalog confirmed black team is alive. Though that makes me wonder a few things.

1) are there any future plans for either team? especially since Black is on ring 03?

2) where were all the Spartans during the battle of earth? not just black but also Jun and Naomi.

3) If Naomi isn't Black 2, than where was she during the battle of Reach?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 23