2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 23
I'm reposting this here because I don't yet have an associated query and I wanted to address FourthEchelon's observation:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was the sentient race(s) responsible for the vessel that crash-landed on Installation 04 thousands of years before the UNSC and Covenant arrived in 2552 AD?
Query Answer: Analysis of [surface detail] data recovered at [alpha site] Terminals is inconclusive. Hull pattern is analogous to 7 client species designs in [forensic database]: [scan] of vessel remains and/or propulsion signature data required for further evaluation.
Wait a minute... There are seven species that comprise the Covenant!
1. Elites
2. Brutes
3. Grunts
4. Jackals
5. Prophets
6. Hunters
7. Drones

Huragok don't particularly count, since they were just organic repair drones.

Of course I'm probably wrong since the Covenant as we know it didn't exist at that point in the Halo universe, but wild speculation is great fun, so...

Query: Catalog, what are the the names of the seven client species whose ship designs are similar to the wreckage on Installation 04? Or, if the number 7 refers to the number of analogous designs, who is responsible for those designs?
1. The crashed ship on Installation 04 was said to occur 3150 years after the Halo fired.
2. It has been over 100,000 years since the Halo first fired to the present time in the Halo universe.
3. Of the two most advanced Covenant races:
A.) San Shyuum reformers only left their home planet around 2100 BCE.
B.) Sangheili became a space-faring race at an unknown time, but definitely before 938 BCE, when they first encountered the Prophets and went to war.

There is no logical way that the crashed ship on the Installation 04 was built and used by a Covenant member species post Halo-firing.

We can surmise, though, that the ship was likely a ship built before the Halos fired (or came from outside the galaxy - less likely I believe) and all occupants died at the time the Halos fired - leaving the ship drifting dead in space at its last trajectory prior to crashing on Halo.
Also this ship is not of Forerunner origin, but of a client species that existed prior to Halos firing. Whether this species was Humanity, a current Covenant member species, or other, is still unknown.
Catalog confirms that Reclaimers are those humans that have a geas, so the chief has someone's memories imprinted on him, and it's likely someone who Chakas knew due to conversations between 343GS and MC, refer to this topic

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst248588_On-Didacts-and-Genesongs--A-Theory.aspx

Shark has already done some investigating prior to this.

First part of the first post Sunday is likely the data from the last sync it was able to achieve, meaning it's the moments just prior to the array's firing from Mars standpoint. At this point, Librarian is supposed to be on Earth.
It was always one above the rest...
SH9hfX:2JHuvc4dheHimJISzeYSpQx1LMj1vMj5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1uMT5uMT1vMT5uMj1vMj1uMT1vMT5uMT1uMT5uMT1vMT1uMj1vMT5uMT1vMT1vMT1vMT5uMj5uMj5uMj1>
Here is main story info put into a single post for you lot. (Bar the date question and answer as its currently the 4th March 2558 as of this post in Catalogs time)

Quote:
Contacting Domain . . . . . . . .
Failure.
ERR,REGRESS.
Alert! Critical Reconciliation Error.
Contacting Domain . . . . . . . .
Failure.
ERR,REGRESS.
Alert! Critical Reconciliation Error.
Contacting Edom Terminal\Juridical . . .
Connected. [Rm9yIGV2ZXJ5IGpveSB0aGVyZSBpcyBhIHByaWNl]
[WARNING] \sysdiag\security
Intrusion detected in site [fractal]! Builder Security alerted.

Query: What is your current status?
Active. Pending [magnus custos] review.

\\sys\analysis\error
Alarm! [flamma fumo est proxima] Query contains logic plague markers.
Process quarantine.
[Reboot]
Quote:
Process tree cleared.
Connected. [Rm9jdXMuIFByb3RlY3QuIFByZXNlcnZlLg==]
[WARNING] \sysdiag\security
Builder Security not responding. Facility [AI] reporting acceptable conditions. Queuing request for low intensity military exploratory detachment to [audit].

Searching . . .
Connection lost.
Connection refused.
Connection refused.
\\sysdiag\security\[apparitor]
Connection locked.
Initiating [quaere].
Quote:
[quare] complete.
Connected. [QWxsIGxhdyBmb2xsb3dzIHRoZSBNYW50bGUgb2YgUmVzcG9uc2liaWxpdHkuIFthZXF1aXRhcyBzZXF1aXR1ciBsZWdlbV0u]
[BRANCH]
[WARNING] \\sysdiag\security\log\[apparitor]
[ALERT!] Critical reconciliation errors detected in security logs. [spurious-data/no_ref]
X.E8> [in ordine]
[ALERT!] Critical failure: Unable to access Domain [interlink]. Local loop [cache] approved by [conditor].
[ALERT!] Fleet command alert: Containment failure at [Maginot] line.
[ALERT!] Connection lost to ecumene [control].
[ALERT!] Connection lost to [ecumene oversight].
[ALERT!] Connection lost to [quadrant oversight].
[ALERT!] [star road] loci activity flux reported [ERR,REGRESS] [hours] ago.
[ALERT!] Parasite [classis] detected in Edom [airspace] [ERR,REGRESS] [hours] ago. Estimate position overrun in 2 [hours].
[ALERT!] Local fleet assets expended. Sentinel [fundibalarii] engaging landing craft en-route to Erde-Tyrene.
[ALERT!] Parasite [classis] holding position. Threat dynamic analysis ongoing.
[ALERT!] Override authority granted by [conditor] for [eques] and [auxilia] [suscitatio].
[ALERT!] Connection lost to [sector oversight].
[ALERT!] [slip stream space] activity de^()!(*#&////// <entry corrupted>
[ALERT!] Edom [control] recovered from archive. Integrity check failed.
[ALERT!] Intrusion detected in site [fractal]! Builder Security alerted.
[ALERT!] Physical intrusion detected in archival [datacenter]. Builder Security alerted.
[ALERT!] Builder Security [vigiles] cannot be contacted. [priority site] emergency containment protocols require approval by Builder authorities.
[ALERT!] Unauthorized constructs detected in archival [datacenter]. [cyberintrusion] response logs 9204 unathorized constructs [unravelled]. Construct [spoor] forwarded to Builder Security.
[ALERT!] Physical intrusion detected in relay center [rho]. Builder Security alerted.
[ALERT!] Builder Security [vigiles] cannot be contacted. Emergency containment protocols approved by facility [AI] and [burgarii]. Relay center [rho] self-destruct successful. Relay center [rho] offline.
[ALERT!] Builder Security has failed to [refresh] for [ERR,REGRESS] cycles.
[WARNING] Rogue processes detected in tertiary storage. trapdoor.4096/non-auth
[WARNING] [exemption error] Log errors: [fieri non potest]
X.E8> break
[WARNING] \\sysdiag\maintenance\log\[apparitor]
[ALERT!] 782 priority maintenance requests awaiting [action].
[ALERT!] Critical [plasma] containment failure in secondary storage imminent.
[ALERT!] Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits offline.
[ALERT!] Sentinel Constructor cradles inaccessible.
[ALERT!] Sentinel [control] not responding.
[ALERT!] Field integrity failure in sublevel nine. [vix lumine] structural failures reported.
[WARNING] [plasma] containment failure in tertiary storage site [alpha]. Data loss estimated at 3.2 [YB].
[WARNING] [plasma] containment failure in tertiary storage site [beta]. Data loss estimated at 0.6 [YB].
[WARNING] 14819 overdue maintenance requests awaiting [action].
\\sys\analysis\error
: [error]
Facility [AI] not responding.
[REDIRECT FAILURE]
X.E8> [vocatio].4096/auth/Juridical/
: [error]
X.E8> [vocatio].4096/auth/Juridical/
X.E8> 4096, you are summoned for [diagnostic] review.
Facility [AI] not responding.
X.E8> 4096, your noncompliance has been noted.
X.E8> [expectatio]
Quote:
Catalog confirms that Reclaimers are those humans that have a geas, so the chief has someone's memories imprinted on him, and it's likely someone who Chakas knew due to conversations between 343GS and MC, refer to this topic
I'm throwing quite a few of my chips into the Riser pot. He's the most likely ancestor of John-117, and through that generational lineage, the genesong of IsoDidact was passed down.

Quote:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst248588_On-Didacts-and-Genesongs--A-Theory.aspx

S[h]ark has already done some investigating prior to this.

Cheers, mate!
Unless Riser inhabits a crewmember on the Rubicon, as Spark claims in Primordium. I'm not against such a connection, though I wonder how people not in the know would react to Chief's ancestor looking like this.
Quote from the catalogue:
Location coincident with [CE-309-8 d] [ref: Harvest].
Location coincident with [UC-901-9081] [ref: Epsilon Indi]
[CE-309-8 d]: [conservation sphere] [waystation] facility and quadrinary LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility present.
Multiple [cuius est solum eius est usque ad coelom] violations inferred.

So ecumene government left another LFXx3273 prison on an innocent reclaimer planet. Any thoughts?
Quote:
[CE-309-8 d]: [conservation sphere] [waystation] facility and quadrinary LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility present.

So ecumene government left another LFXx3273 prison on an innocent reclaimer planet. Any thoughts?
So there is flood on Harvest Would explain why the minor was worried about an infection defiling the relic.
Quote:
Quote:

So there is flood on Harvest Would explain why the minor was worried about an infection defiling the relic.
I always though that Elite was referring to humans. The fact that the flood is still potentially on Harvest is a scary thought.
Quote:
Unless Riser inhabits a crewmember on the Rubicon, as Spark claims in Primordium. I'm not against such a connection, though I wonder how people not in the know would react to Chief's ancestor looking like this.
Why would Riser need to inhabit a crewmember on the Rubicon?

edit:

From Primordium, pg 379: "One of you almost certainly carries Vinnevra and Riser's old spirits within. Only the Lifeshaper can find them and coax my friends back to life. And after a hundred thousands years of exploration and study... I know where to find her."

It is unclear whether 343GS/Chakas is speaking directly to the crew on board the UNSC vessel, or if he's speaking more broadly, at humanity as a whole. He knows where the Lifeshaper is- which would point towards the Librarian being long dead. Where is the Lifeshaper? Last we read about Chant-to-Green, she was outbound with IsoDidact and other Forerunners, vowing to never return to meddle with the affairs of this galaxy. So how could he know where she was?

UNSC Rubicon was recorded lost on July 2, 2557.
Halo 4's events begin on July 21st, 2557.
As of March 24, 2558, there has been no sighting of the UNSC Rubicon.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I always though that Elite was referring to humans. The fact that the flood is still potentially on Harvest is a scary thought.
When did the Covenant first learn about The Flood? Wasn't it on Installation 04 when they accidentally released it? Is it possible that certain Elites might have known about The Flood while on Harvest? Or perhaps they were just referring to humans themselves. Perhaps no one on Harvest had found the "research and containment facility", and it's still untouched (if it were underground) or was glassed along with the rest of the planet?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When did the Covenant first learn about The Flood? Wasn't it on Installation 04 when they accidentally released it? Is it possible that certain Elites might have known about The Flood while on Harvest? Or perhaps they were just referring to humans themselves. Perhaps no one on Harvest had found the "research and containment facility", and it's still untouched (if it were underground) or was glassed along with the rest of the planet?
Well the Prophet of Regret was on the Shield World that blew up with the Flood on it. So he knew of their existence.

Aka making 2531 the earliest we know that the covenant knew of the Flood.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well the Prophet of Regret was on the Shield World that blew up with the Flood on it. So he knew of their existence.

Aka making 2531 the earliest we know that the covenant knew of the Flood.
Remember there was a radical sect of Covenant that interpreted the beliefs differently, wanting to let themselves be infected due to being salvation or something. This combined with the fact that the Covenant had been raiding Shield Worlds and had access to the Dreadnaught (Among other artifacts) means that they likely learned about the flood long before they encountered humans.
You had the minor prophet in the graphic novel who stated the Flood was known due to old texts.
Want to know the scariest part of Catalog's answer about the flood being on Harvest? Reach and Earth themselves could have had some containment facilities built on them by the Forerunner.

Both Earth and Reach were the two most heavily guarded planets in the UNSC and the two most scrutinized by O.N.I agents and possibly science teams and yet Forerunner constructs still managed to be hidden on both planets until discovered. I am not sure if humanity already knew about the location of the Ark portal before Truth uncovered it but it is unlikely that we already knew. Now I think I will turn that into a query.
Quote:
Want to know the scariest part of Catalog's answer about the flood being on Harvest? Reach and Earth themselves could have had some containment facilities built on them by the Forerunner.

Both Earth and Reach were the two most heavily guarded planets in the UNSC and the two most scrutinized by O.N.I agents and possibly science teams and yet Forerunner constructs still managed to be hidden on both planets until discovered. I am not sure if humanity already knew about the location of the Ark portal before Truth uncovered it but it is unlikely that we already knew. Now I think I will turn that into a query.
Oooo- that is potentially chilling.
Quote:
Quote:

Oooo- that is potentially chilling.
And now a query is in the Catalog interaction topic asking about the possibility of containment facilities being on Reach and Earth.
Harvest is also called a conservation sphere, so its a shield world. Meaning it makes sense that it would have flood research labs.

Reach and Earth... no so much. Especially not Earth since... ya know... it was the private wildlife preserve of the Librarian and the Lifeworkers for thousands and thousands of years. She wouldn't have left a flood facility on the homeworld of her chosen children.

And the Prophets knew about the Flood because their distaste for A.I. stems from the fact that they know Mendicant Bias rebelled against his creators and served the flood.
Quote:
Harvest is also called a conservation sphere, so its a shield world. Meaning it makes sense that it would have flood research labs.

Reach and Earth... no so much. Especially not Earth since... ya know... it was the private wildlife preserve of the Librarian and the Lifeworkers for thousands and thousands of years. She wouldn't have left a flood facility on the homeworld of her chosen children.

And the Prophets knew about the Flood because their distaste for A.I. stems from the fact that they know Mendicant Bias rebelled against his creators and served the flood.
Ok, Earth has a low possibility but you still never know about Reach. That said there was literally zero evidence that Harvest was a shield world in any media. Perhaps conservation sphere may also be a term for a planet where the Forerunner built containment facilities as well as shield worlds?
Quote:
I am not sure if humanity already knew about the location of the Ark portal before Truth uncovered it but it is unlikely that we already knew. Now I think I will turn that into a query.
The Office of Naval Intelligence knew about it at the very least; the ONI facility blown up by the squad in Halo 3: ODST was set up to research it.

Source
Quote:
I think that is quite the assumption. We should have more knowledge of harvest having a grand sub-section like Reach if it was to be some sort of Shield world.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 23