4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 23
Quote:
Quote:
I'm thinking we may need to write up some ground rules for querying Catalog. We're clearly overwhelming the guy. I've got some ideas:

1) Do your do diligence. Make sure you have actually checked up on whether your question has been answered already in canon or elsewhere. This thread has a record of Catalog's answers already, and Halopedia is doing the same thing. I've actually seen questions repeated a few pages later because the person asking didn't know it had been answered. And there are over thirty pages to the thread at this point.

2) Don't ask about whether this person survived this game or that, like if Cortana or the Didact survived Halo 4, or the current status of the crew of the Spirit of Fire. People actually are asking that, but really, do they actually think that Catalog will answer that?

3) Don't spam questions. Just ask Catalog once and then wait. If he didn't answer this time, he might on the next.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?
Actually, that looks like a pretty good idea.
Well avoiding questions based around the Catalog itself is a good thing to do also. Your more likely get a error about needing a higher authority to find out. As we found out in the past
Plus we will find out more about it during the ARG(if this is counted as one)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm thinking we may need to write up some ground rules for querying Catalog. We're clearly overwhelming the guy. I've got some ideas:

1) Do your do diligence. Make sure you have actually checked up on whether your question has been answered already in canon or elsewhere. This thread has a record of Catalog's answers already, and Halopedia is doing the same thing. I've actually seen questions repeated a few pages later because the person asking didn't know it had been answered. And there are over thirty pages to the thread at this point.

2) Don't ask about whether this person survived this game or that, like if Cortana or the Didact survived Halo 4, or the current status of the crew of the Spirit of Fire. People actually are asking that, but really, do they actually think that Catalog will answer that?

3) Don't spam questions. Just ask Catalog once and then wait. If he didn't answer this time, he might on the next.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?
Actually, that looks like a pretty good idea.
Well avoiding questions based around the Catalog itself is a good thing to do also. Your more likely get a error about needing a higher authority to find out. As we found out in the past
Plus we will find out more about it during the ARG(if this is counted as one)
That too, that is also a very good idea. but lets add this: If Catalog is overrun with queries, stop asking them for a little while and don't continue spamming them.
I'd agree actually making that a rule, since a lot of people have made it clear that they're going to keep asking questions even in light of the current case overload.
Hmmm I been considering something for awhile.

Maybe we should query System Bravo? Cause Catalog has suggested a couple times to use that to get some answers.

Starting small nothing to hard. Maybe going off what the Catalog suggested. Asking about the surnames of Blue team.

Quote:
Query Answer: Elevated access to [frumentarii] [onion] router required for data [behind glass]. Contact [system Bravo] for assistance and routing information.
I asked
https://twitter.com/cia391/status/491322810162479105

Now all we can do is wait.
Double post. Sorry.
Can we get a moderator to do this to help prevent case overload?

By that I mean set up a small system of rules that essentially tell one to be quiet in the event of case overload. It is a wonder that Catalog has not snapped.
Quote:

By that I mean set up a small system of rules that essentially tell one to be quiet in the event of case overload. It is a wonder that Catalog has not snapped.
Well, we're keeping the Interaction thread to just inqueries, which should help. Many of the pages are just discussions.
Quote:
Quote:

Well, we're keeping the Interaction thread to just inqueries, which should help. Many of the pages are just discussions.
True but if someone asks a query that can be answered by someone other than Catalog (which I have also seen a lot of) think we should answer somehow? Like PM or something?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True but if someone asks a query that can be answered by someone other than Catalog (which I have also seen a lot of) think we should answer somehow? Like PM or something?
Discuss it here, or send a PM. It may not be the most efficient, but it should, in the long run, be better for everyone. The mods has a long discussion about this before making a decision, I promise.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Discuss it here, or send a PM. It may not be the most efficient, but it should, in the long run, be better for everyone. The mods has a long discussion about this before making a decision, I promise.
That sounds like a good idea.

By the way, dibs on your Master Chief Collection when you get it XD
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also something to note for everyone reading this. In the original post there is links to a ongoing mibbit chat about this. And a discussion in the Halo Archives.

Also if you so desired I am sure Toa wont mind discussion in his What is Catalog videos.

Just if you are going to post something in the query thread that isnt a query just follow these rules.
1.Is it really important to bring up. Meaning only vital information or stuff agreed by the mods and other members of the community.
2.Keep it clean.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also something to note for everyone reading this. In the original post there is links to a ongoing mibbit chat about this.

And a discussion in the Halo Archives.

Also if you so desired I am sure Toa wont mind discussion in his What is Catalog videos.
Yep, plenty of places to discuss the Catalog posts :)

Quote:
Just if you are going to post something in the query thread that isnt a query just follow these rules.
1.Is it really important to bring up. Meaning only vital information or stuff agreed by a large amount of the community.
2.Keep it clean.
They're really more like guidelines.
Quote:
Yea thats a better word :) Forgot that word existed for a second xD
Quote:
Quote:
I just wanted to make a Pirates of the Caribbean joke. So, thanks for making my day!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just wanted to make a Pirates of the Caribbean joke. So, thanks for making my day!
You have also made my day, but I still call dibs on your MCC when you get it XD

Enough of that I just made a query pertaining to who the three Spartans on the cover of Escalation 10 are supposed to be. My guess is that it will be Blue team but my other guess is that it is John, Kelly, and two random Spartans. The only other option is just John and three random Spartans.

Edit: Never mind, not thinking straight.
Quote:
Oh, you aren't going after Toa for losing that bet with Catalog, are you?
Not that an entire Halo collection is a bad thing to get for free... Wait, is there a special edition Halo-branded 360 in the collection? Dibs!
Quote:
Quote:
Not that an entire Halo collection is a bad thing to get for free... Wait, is there a special edition Halo-branded 360 in the collection? Dibs!
Yes I am, and I already called dibs first on it first, scroll up.

Anyway, now we need answers on Blue team's armor.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess you guys missed my reply to Catalog withdrawing my bet ;)
Quote:
Quote:

Technically, you only called dibs on Toa Freak's MCC. I'll take an Xbox 360 and you can have the rest :)
Quote:
I guess you guys missed my reply to Catalog withdrawing my bet ;)
Hey! You can't withdraw after you've lost the bet; that's cheating!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 23