2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 23
I doubt they will kill Blue off, seeing as Tom and Lucy are still out there. Also, I really hope they keep Tom and Lucy alive and bring them back at some point. As Kurt's prodigies, and two awesome characters, I am very glad to see them, and blue survive.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So, at this point, can we all agree that any characters that have only appeared in the extended universe are likely dead? Seems like 343 wants to wipe away every character that won't be featured in the Reclaimer Saga.
Probably so they dont have 10 years of people querying catalog about them.

Like, i'm pretty sure the status of buck and his squad has been asked at least 7 times in the query thread.
I'm number 6 haha
I'm probably numbers four and seven. xD
I'm really thinking that needs to be made a rule as well (it's pretty obvious that the majority of users won't go for locking the thread to let Catalog sort it out, so I'm dropping it). However, another thing I think we need to do it make it a rule not to ask for spoilers from upcoming works. I mean, we literally had someone asking for the status on Blue Team just a few days ago. This isn't the type of thing we should be asking Catalog. We also really need to do something about repeating questions. The volume of "What's the status of x?" being repeated over and over again is getting excessive, and asking it multiple times will not make it occur any faster.
Here's what I propose:

we make a new thread, called something like "Catalog Interaction Summary."

The O.P., plus maybe 3-4 other users divide up ALL of the questions asked by the interaction thread according to category, and each person is charged with making 1 post condensing all of these questions into one post, that can be periodically updated (i.e., every 1-2 days) by editing.

We would ask everyone in Waypoint to continue asking questions to Catalog ONLY in the current "Catalog Interaction" thread.
And we would ask Catalog to make his responses in the new "Catalog Interaction Summary" thread.

That would give us a sense of organization, and make it easier to dig through the responses that Catalog makes to our questions, while at the same time not putting any restrictions on users of the forum from asking questions & from needing to dig through 40 pages of queries to make sure their question hadn't already been asked.

A few categories:
1. Character status (subdivided into Humanity, Covenenant, Forerunner, other).
2. Event/battle information (i.e., time/place of an event, or clarification on what happened).
3. Military/industrial specifications (includes questions about ship armament, manufacturing capacities, where x armor was built. . .)
4. Society, world, culture, government questions (i.e., how many worlds does x species have, subspecies of Kig-Yar . . . etc.)

Also, I realize that I'm asking a few people to dedicate a few hours to sift through a lot of posts and copy/paste like crazy. And while I'm still relatively a 'forum newb,' I'd volunteer myself to handle one block of questions - that is, if a lot of people think this is a viable idea and want to push it.
If not, I won't be offended! :-)
& any criticisms/edits of this idea are welcome.
Quote:
Isn't that kinda what I am currently doing in the OP's here. I currently have links to every post the Catalog has made. And am also currently updating the posts below it to have everything the Catalog has confirmed(taking awhile due to a week holiday I got back from not that long ago). :)

I have also linked Toa Freaks videos relating to the Catalog. They pretty much go though all of Catalogs posts. And do a really good job also.
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't that kinda what I am currently doing in the OP's here. I currently have links to every post the Catalog has made. And am also currently updating the posts below it to have everything the Catalog has confirmed(taking awhile due to a week holiday I got back from not that long ago). :)

I have also linked Toa Freaks videos relating to the Catalog. They pretty much go though all of Catalogs posts. And do a really good job also.
Oh, -Yoink-, I completely forgot about your O.P. that organizes Catalog's responses!
I need to go back and reference that more often, thanks for doing that.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, Yoink!, I completely forgot about your O.P. that organizes Catalog's responses!
Ah no problem. :) I do mistakes like that sometimes also. I respect your enthusiasm though.
I was thinking if this turns out not to be an ARG(I say that a lot) to do what you said with the category's. Its only the looming threat that it may be an ARG that I made it organised the way it is so its easier to follow.

My only hope is that everyone has fun. If any major problems do come up, be sure to know I will contact the moderators here.

Now lets get back to discussion on the catalog shall we. :)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, Yoink!, I completely forgot about your O.P. that organizes Catalog's responses!
Ah no problem. :) I do mistakes like that sometimes also. I respect your enthusiasm though.
I was thinking if this turns out not to be an ARG(I say that a lot) to do what you said with the category's. Its only the looming threat that it may be an ARG that I made it organised the way it is so its easier to follow.

My only hope is that everyone has fun. If any major problems do come up, be sure to know I will contact the moderators here.

Right on. Well thanks again for populating the O.P.

Related to the ARG question - is there any evidence that suggests this could be an ARG and not just a data/cannon dump on Waypoint?

There were a couple responses that Catalog made awhile ago in which Catalog included some interesting extra texts (to keep dialogue open) that I thought could suggest that there is a specific line of questioning Catalog would encourage us to perform; I'm not sure what else points to ARG besides that (and even then, this isn't exactly solid evidence for ARG).
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right on. Well thanks again for populating the O.P.

Related to the ARG question - is there any evidence that suggests this could be an ARG and not just a data/cannon dump on Waypoint?

There were a couple responses that Catalog made awhile ago in which Catalog included some interesting extra texts (to keep dialogue open) that I thought could suggest that there is a specific line of questioning Catalog would encourage us to perform; I'm not sure what else points to ARG besides that (and even then, this isn't exactly solid evidence for ARG).
Yea I hope the Catalog bring them back. Cause other than hint at this being a ARG, it brought a little story to the Catalog. I think we may get more of this story later on.

But still a hint is a hint. And cant ignore that. Or we may unprepare ourself's. And that's counter productive. Plus the layout aint bad that I made anyway. It does the job.
Every time Catalog posts it feels like a mini E3.
Quote:
Every time Catalog posts it feels like a mini E3.
Exactly. The answer about the Issue 8 Monitor has me excited.
I feel sorry for Catalog. Every time it posts, more queries flood in.
Quote:
I feel sorry for Catalog. Every time it posts, more queries flood in.
I dont want to be a killjoy but this isnt the first time Catalog has said there is too much queries.

To be honest I think we really do need to start putting action into this now. Or the Catalog might stop answering questions soon.

I am really considering making a new query thread like I been suggesting. But with a similar look to the first post to this thread. With the guidelines we made plus more.

For example, only posting once a week in the thread. Sounds extreme but seems like a good idea. So the catalog has a more manageable amount of Queries to go though that week.
Agree 100%. It really is time to start laying down some rules about posting queries, because otherwise we're just going to overwhelm Catalog. I also would like the moderators to at least weigh in on this, because it really needs to be discussed more in depth.
Actually, that sounds like a good idea. Can we get it so the rule is each person is limited to one query per week?
Quote:
Yeah because Catalog will spoil Escalation's story for us. :')
Quote:
Clarification: Incorrect.
You made my day once again, Catalog. x3
Quote:
Actually, that sounds like a good idea. Can we get it so the rule is each person is limited to one query per week?
I really agree with this. It'd encourage more care in choosing what people asked. Right now its just too easy to spam every question you can think of, without thought even into what other posters have already asked.

I've seen some really interesting questions asked, but it gets a bit lost in a sea of "What is the status of X" posts.
I'm trying to paradox Catalog.
Made a new query thread. Hopefully a fresh start.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst250524_Catalog-Query-Thread.aspx

The rules are left up to what ever the community agree at the time. Right now they arn't to strict but that can change.

Hopefully this will help the Catalog, and also the community get answers it wants.
Quote:
Made a new query thread. Hopefully a fresh start.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst250524_Catalog-Query-Thread.aspx

The rules are left up to what ever the community agree at the time. Right now they arn't to strict but that can change.

Hopefully this will help the Catalog, and also the community get answers it wants.
Yes nice idea that immediately failed thanks to the two ** (SJFX and SFH123) that posted garbage as usual.
Ask the monitors if they can keep it clean with force.
Quote:
Quote:
I really agree with this. It'd encourage more care in choosing what people asked. Right now its just too easy to spam every question you can think of, without thought even into what other posters have already asked.

I've seen some really interesting questions asked, but it gets a bit lost in a sea of "What is the status of X" posts.
"What is the status of X" are queries that frequently get answers and I find it more interesting to know the status of a character/location than trying to spoiler escalation, halo 5 or asking already known stuff because too lazy to make a research on google/halopedia.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 23