3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 23
Quote:
If you were expecting them to reveal major future plot points, I don't really know why your expectations were so unrealistic.
This. He was only going to reveal what information 343 felt comfortable sharing at the time.

The forumgoers flooded him with just about every question about everything, likely far exceeding the scope he was intended.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Was that even Cortana's AI chip in the teaser? I thought that got destroyed when the terminal she was in disintegrated and then was finished off when the Mantles Approach was destroyed by a nuke? Unless Cortana had more than one, and then there's the case of Chief being handed a chip by what appears to be a Gravemind in Halo:Legends
That trailer wasn't canon and much of Origins was artist scenes to back Cortana's narration, however, the part with the Gravemind was... a bit out of place.
Well, think about it. How much time did Cortana spend with the Gravemimd in High Charity? That was more than enough time for the Gravemind to do some twisted things. Who knows what kind of things that chip could hold?
"Human Weakness" in Halo Evolutions explains exactly what happened while she was with the Gravemind.
Well, yes, but we only saw that from Cortana's weakened, limited perspective. We don't actually know what the Gravemind did for sure.
Quote:
I would imagine they're simply closing the topic so they can sift through the questions they have w/o worrying about new ones taking their place.

Also the mundanity of the recent BR discussion is pretty funny.
I know right. The simple fact of the matter is that BR and DMR may not even be terms used to classify weapons 500 years from now (in an alternate universe). Questions like that are why catalog is overloaded. I mean you cannot even use that for updating the wikies (like you could for most of the questions asked in bulk at the end.

As for catching up on queries...

I do think a better system should be put in place. Their seems to be a large camp of narcissists that think we shouldn't limit how many queries are posted, so aside from reiterating tactics I already stated (5 queries per post, 2 post a day max) I will leave it alone.
However, we could do other things. Maybe having a system as follows....
-You MUST put a low priority tag on your initial query. Not doing so should have it discounted.
-If you take interest in an already posted but still unanswered query then you may quote the query and upgrade it to a standard query (query has to be in the same data drop, as to not have people going and dredging up old queries)
-if a third person takes interest, then he can request an upgrade to High. If someone seconds that the post is updated (the person who seconds the change from standard to high cannot be anyone that has previosly upped the query "one vote per person").

An example follows............
Spoiler:
Show
This kind of (only important if others think so too) system would work well because even if overload occurs (which it will inevitably do), we can just choose who we want to ignore and who not to. Even downgrading Standard queries or objecting to queries that are pending a second. Although once it reaches "High" it cannot be demoted by standard users.
Quote:
Yeah your negativity alone will probably bring Catalog back to life.
Yeah... Because having an opposing POV constitutes negativity. In actuality I'm glad to see Catalog couldn't handle it and quit- There's really no negative connotations with that at all. BTW you're the one who claimed to have "killed Catalog," which you very well may have done with your insane amount of queries. And for that, I thank you. Still, it must suck for you to have thought up all those queries just to see him shut it down, huh? Ah well, like I said I'm glad Catalog is over.
Nothing much. But I finally got to updating the thread so all the catalogs posts are up and all of Toafreaks catalog videos are up.

(Sorry for the delay. Life got a hold of me for a bit. And I am just getting back into the swing of forum posting again.)
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah... Because having an opposing POV constitutes negativity. In actuality I'm glad to see Catalog couldn't handle it and quit- There's really no negative connotations with that at all.
Incorrect. Other duties have taken [silo on fire] priority, but spare cycles were allocated to assist subsystem [Grim] on site Bravo with recent queries. [bad vibes] is expected part of Juridical duties and [solvent off Anatidae torso].
Well at least he's alive.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Actually it is I who killed Catalog.
I don't care who killed Catalog... Whoever did it, thank you. He was a big disappointment. He was bad at answering queries and I found Catalog to be an annoying knockoff of I love bees.
Who'd have thunk it??? Well I guess it is you (and anyone else awaiting the return of Catalog) who owes me a big, fat "Thank you," at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah... Because having an opposing POV constitutes negativity. In actuality I'm glad to see Catalog couldn't handle it and quit- There's really no negative connotations with that at all.
Incorrect. Other duties have taken [silo on fire] priority, but spare cycles were allocated to assist subsystem [Grim] on site Bravo with recent queries. [bad vibes] is expected part of Juridical duties and [solvent off Anatidae torso].
Catalog! Come back to meeee...! I made you a muffin!

Caboose jokes. They're so much fun.
Quote:
Quote:
If you were expecting them to reveal major future plot points, I don't really know why your expectations were so unrealistic.
This. He was only going to reveal what information 343 felt comfortable sharing at the time.

The forumgoers flooded him with just about every question about everything, likely far exceeding the scope he was intended.
So... we pretty much logic plagued [him]? Or would [DDOS] be a better analogy?
Quote:
[bad vibes] is expected part of Juridical duties and [solvent off Anatidae torso].
Was that a witty comeback? I dare say, I think I may have a new AI Companion. This response is pretty humorous and genuinely reminds me of BB from the Kilo-Five Trilogy. I haven't really seen any personality from Catalog up to this point. As a matter of fact, that's the first response that I've ever received from Catalog, woohoo!!
Quote:
Quote:
[bad vibes] is expected part of Juridical duties and [solvent off Anatidae torso].
Was that a witty comeback? I dare say, I think I may have a new AI Companion. This response is pretty humorous and genuinely reminds me of BB from the Kilo-Five Trilogy. I haven't really seen any personality from Catalog up to this point. As a matter of fact, that's the first response that I've ever received from Catalog, woohoo!!
I remember the catalog doing a few witty comebacks. xD This aint new haha.
I just now started reading through Catalog's Dialogues, and I love it. I've already considered several queries to ask, and am just waiting for the unlock.
Quote:
I remember the catalog doing a few witty comebacks. xD This aint new haha.
I'm guessing you didn't catch my overly enthusiastic, "happy-go-lucky," sarcasm there... I just found it disconcerting that when I exercised prudence and patience by posting single queries, few and far between I was completely ignored by Catalog. But after the thread gets locked, only then did I get a response from Catalog because I criticized his query selection process. I guess looking back I should have gotten on board with all the other spammers and perhaps then I would've gotten a query or two answered. I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but I do think I have a justifiable concern for feeling this way about the query selection process.
Catalogue, do you contain information on the status of both the remaining lesser arks, and the greater ark? Conformation that the Liberian is still [alive]? and her last known location?

also is there anything regarding the [primordial] in your records that was not noted in the UR-Didact/ISO-Didact's testimony?
Quote:
Catalogue, do you contain information on the status of both the remaining lesser arks, and the greater ark? Conformation that the Liberian is still [alive]? and her last known location?

also is there anything regarding the [primordial] in your records that was not noted in the UR-Didact/ISO-Didact's testimony?
Please note this thread is only for discussion on the Catalog. No questions are allowed here. Please refer to start of this thread for the rules regarding how to ask the catalog questions. Which the current way to contact the Catalog is currently locked due to the Catalog being busy. I apologize for the bad news.
Right now we should treat the Catalog like a normal member who posts now and then. ^^

Also note for the community. I will allow the Moderators to lock this thread if the Catalog disappears for over 2 months. This is so we dont bring up the hope of the community.(This note can be changed if circumstances change, its just a safety net)
Quote:

This is a discussion thread. Queries must have to wait until the proper query thread is reopened. Asking here will lead nowhere.
The Catalog Turned into forum Team. :O Just a note for all you catalog fans
CIA391 wrote:
So it really is dead then? Oh well.
CIA391 wrote:
I will now cry deeply.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20