3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 23
Quote:
Why would Riser need to inhabit a crewmember on the Rubicon?

edit:

From Primordium, pg 379: "One of you almost certainly carries Vinnevra and Riser's old spirits within. Only the Lifeshaper can find them and coax my friends back to life. And after a hundred thousands years of exploration and study... I know where to find her."

It is unclear whether 343GS/Chakas is speaking directly to the crew on board the UNSC vessel, or if he's speaking more broadly, at humanity as a whole. He knows where the Lifeshaper is- which would point towards the Librarian being long dead. Where is the Lifeshaper? Last we read about Chant-to-Green, she was outbound with IsoDidact and other Forerunners, vowing to never return to meddle with the affairs of this galaxy. So how could he know where she was?

UNSC Rubicon was recorded lost on July 2, 2557.
Halo 4's events begin on July 21st, 2557.
As of March 24, 2558, there has been no sighting of the UNSC Rubicon.
Except he was just talking to the captain, strategy team leader and the ONI commander. That would be the crew on the vessel.
Quote:
Quote:
Harvest is also called a conservation sphere, so its a shield world. Meaning it makes sense that it would have flood research labs.
I think that is quite the assumption. We should have more knowledge of harvest having a grand sub-section like Reach if it was to be some sort of Shield world.

That plus flood research labs are not apparently just on shield worlds and neither are containment facilities.

The map Isolation is a flood containment facility that was on the Ark. The gas mine of Threshold apparently housed a flood containment facility as well.

Flood containment facilities are simply facilities where the Forerunner studied captive flood specimen which in no way implies that they are exclusive to shield worlds, the Halos, or even other artificial constructs.
Quote:
I think that is quite the assumption. We should have more knowledge of harvest having a grand sub-section like Reach if it was to be some sort of Shield world.

Catalog called it a Conservation Sphere though...

pg174 of the EVG denotes that that term is specific to a type of shield world.
Quote:
Except he was just talking to the captain, strategy team leader and the ONI commander. That would be the crew on the vessel.
But saying "one of you" is still a double entendre of a statement.

343GS could be saying "one of you", as in, one of the present persons in the room.
    343GS could be saying "one of you", as in, one of humankind
    [/li]
Either fits, here. And either is something he could have meant, while speaking directly to the present persons, whether he was directing the statement at one of them directly, or at their species as a whole. The English language is complex, just like this statement.
And when he says he has need of the crew, that makes me think of the former more than the latter. I have no doubts that he is referencing humanity as a whole in portions of what he says, but he is keeping the crew of the Rubicon alive for a reason.

That said, I may not agree with all of your premises, but it is refreshing to see someone on top of their information.
Quote:
Quote:

Jesus...
Quote:
And when he says he has need of the crew, that makes me think of the former more than the latter. I have no doubts that he is referencing humanity as a whole in portions of what he says, but he is keeping the crew of the Rubicon alive for a reason.
Oh, for sure- He needs the crew and the vessel to get to... wherever he justifiably or mistakenly believes the Lifeshaper is currently located.

Quote:
That said, I may not agree with all of your premises, but it is refreshing to see someone on top of their information.
Likewise, good sir (or ma'am)!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jesus...
Can we please just put it out there that Shield Worlds were designed to be havens from the firing of the Halo Array? They aren't designed to be Flood Containment facilities. The Shield World 0459 was infested with Flood on its exterior, as they were trying to gain access to the interior by means of attack, not from being segregated and retained there by force.

To date, there are only 3 known Shield Worlds (there are certainly many others, though).
    0001 - Requiem [from Halo 4]
    0006 - Trevelyan [from Ghosts of Onyx/Glasslands]
    0459 - Unnamed [from Halo Wars]
    [/li]
If Harvest is also a Shield World, it has not been officially stated, nor has there been any official discussion or fictional revelation as to there being a vast interior network or inner-hub.
[keepalive]
Quote:
If Harvest is also a Shield World, it has not been officially stated, nor has there been any official discussion or fictional revelation as to there being a vast interior network or inner-hub.[/color]
Notation: This is an incorrect interpretation of previous query answer:
Quote:
[CE-309-8 d]: [conservation sphere] [waystation] facility and quadrinary LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility present.
[CE-309-8 d] is not, itself, a [conservation sphere].
Quote:
[keepalive]
Quote:
If Harvest is also a Shield World, it has not been officially stated, nor has there been any official discussion or fictional revelation as to there being a vast interior network or inner-hub.[/color]
Quote:
[CE-309-8 d]: [conservation sphere] [waystation] facility and quadrinary LF.Xx.3273 research and containment facility present.
Query: [redacted]
Quote:
Quote:
[keepalive]
Quote:
Quote:
Query: Is [conversation sphere][waypoint] still accessible?
Please refrain from posting queries in this thread as stated in the first post. No harm caused just a friendly reminder that we keep the queries in the main query thread and keep this purely as a discussion thread the Catalog may join in on.

If the Catalog makes a post that makes you think of a query here. Quote the part of the post he made and post it in the main query thread with your query.

The Catalog as shown will probably use this thread if we are wrong or are posting wrong theories on posts he has made. Aka ensuring us we are only getting the correct answer. Just dont expect it every time. :3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[keepalive]
Quote:
Quote:
Query: Is [conversation sphere][waypoint] still accessible?
Please refrain from posting queries in this thread as stated in the first post. No harm caused just a friendly reminder that we keep the queries in the main query thread and keep this purely as a discussion thread the Catalog may join in on.

If the Catalog makes a post that makes you think of a query here. Quote the part of the post he made and post it in the main query thread with your query.

The Catalog as shown will probably use this thread if we are wrong or are posting wrong theories on posts he has made. Aka ensuring us we are only getting the correct answer. Just dont expect it every time. :3
Cheers, mate. I got a little ahead of myself when Catalog replied; forgot the rules. :]
Quote:
Quote:

You do realize that Catalog can make mistakes right?

Ok never mind, he confirmed it is not a shield world either XD
So, I was reading through the Catalog's recent posts, and I saw this (sorry if this had been discussed already):

Quote:
[ALERT!] Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits offline.
This was specifically about the Edom terminal. Does this mean that Mars is capable of slipspace travel? Or that this "terminal" is on one of the moons (easier to transport an asteroid than a planet)? Could these "emergeny slip stream space transportation conduits" be the means by which the Gravemind got to the Ark?
Quote:
So, I was reading through the Catalog's recent posts, and I saw this (sorry if this had been discussed already):

Quote:
[ALERT!] Emergency [slip stream space] transportation conduits offline.
This was specifically about the Edom terminal. Does this mean that Mars is capable of slipspace travel? Or that this "terminal" is on one of the moons (easier to transport an asteroid than a planet)? Could these "emergeny slip stream space transportation conduits" be the means by which the Gravemind got to the Ark?
I've been thinking of the same. It's rumored/believed/hinted/written on a bathroom stall that there's a portal above/near Olympus Mons.
Well just to inform you all. Today should be the 6th March 2558. Meaning if there are any questions based on the first few issues of Halo Escalations. We should be able to get an answer now :) Assuming Catalog X.E8 chooses to answer them. :)
Just a note for everyone. The Catalog may make mistakes. And I would advise everyone to remember to look out for stuff like this. :)
So Catalog confirmed Sgt. Lopez from Mona Lisa KIA, did he ever talk about Henry? Or give hints? I remember reading about it but I think the answer went completely over my head.
Quote:
So Catalog confirmed Sgt. Lopez from Mona Lisa KIA, did he ever talk about Henry? Or give hints? I remember reading about it but I think the answer went completely over my head.
Catalog did answer a question about Henry a week or two ago. It noted that there are no records of Sangheili prisoners aboard the Mona Lisa. Either was, the ship was destroyed at the end of the short story, so Henry is dead.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you know what happened to the Sanghelli called Henry, who was last seen on the Mona Lisa at the remains of Installation 04?
Query Answer: No records found.
[scope] increased.
2 records found.
OPERATION RED CLOUD
OPERATION WHITE SAND
Corrupted compartmentalization links noted. [no such file] errors noted.
[scope] increased.
Multiple record discrepancies [re: UNSC Red Horse]. Multiple record discrepancies [re: [AI] Rebecca]. 23 alerts triggered in [frumentarii] tertiary cores upon query. Suppressing [spider] response.
No [macto cognatus] recorded in [frumentarii] ship [roster] within [space-time prism] of requested action.
Recorded [fission-fusion] weapon strike responsible for total structural failure of parasite-infested transport.
[unexpected end of file] error noted.
Anyone notice it said the heart of the Mantle's Approach conducted an emergency Slipspace jump to the sector rally point?

Aw, crap. Well, that's one way Cortana could have survived.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 23