3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 55

Quote:
Thanks for that link. Ok, there's only one way to find out, and to get back to the purpose of this thread (queries and not debate - my bad!):

Query: can Catalog provides details to the origins of the AIs known as "the Assembly" (reference: Halo Reach)?
Agreed mate, thought I'd give some opinion on the matter.
That is an great question I too have been quite curious as to the origins as well as the make of the Assembly.
Query: In the epilogue of Halo 4, the Didact said "I stand before you...". I'd expect that 'you' be plural here, but in various official translations the singular version was used. However in the Chinese version, the plural version was used. Could Catalog clarify which translation is accurate?
Query: As of 2558, what is the status of New Mombasa and the rest of Africa after it was partially glassed?
Query: What is the name of the Covenant splinter sect led by Jul 'Mdama?

Query: Approximately how long did it take the UNSC Rubicon to reach the Lesser Ark?

Query: Is the mysterious object under excavation on [Impact] of Precursor origin?
Query: Is it against any law under The Unified Earth Government for a civilian to acquire a Huragok to keep as a pet, companion, or property with the intent of using said alien for routine upkeep and maintenance of the home, vehicle, electronics, etc., or must one hire the Huragok and pay its wages?
Query: I've heard it mentioned many times that when a Proto-Gravemind reaches the size to become a full Gravemind that it retains the memories and consciousness of all previous Graveminds. Is there any truth to this statement?
Quote:
Quote:
Query: How did the Flood outbreak on Installation 05 occur without a source of appropriate biomass?
Query Answer: Unable to assess vector of parasite infestation at [delta site] without additional [sensor data].
This gives me hope that not all the Terminals in Halo 2A are just about the Arbiter. Come on, give me Penitent Tangent Terminals!
Quote:
Query: I've heard it mentioned many times that when a Proto-Gravemind reaches the size to become a full Gravemind that it retains the memories and consciousness of all previous Graveminds. Is there any truth to this statement?
The Gravemind maintained all the memories, motives, and malice of the Primordial. Despite it dying, displaced in time and after undergoing total entropy. So... Proof enough?
Query: Do you have any queries you would like to ask us Catalog?
Quote:
The Gravemind maintained all the memories, motives, and malice of the Primordial. Despite it dying, displaced in time and after undergoing total entropy. So... Proof enough?
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo 2\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.
Quote:
Quote:
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo 2\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.
How about lines from the Gravemind, itself?

Quote:
I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!
This only makes sense if the Gravemind retained memories from the Primordial.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!
Child of my enemy, why have you come?

I offer no forgiveness; a father's sins, passed to his son.
"Human Weakness" in the Halo Anthology is entirely about how the Gravemind possesses the memory and experience of every flood victim. As if the Primordial is some sort of spiritual cloud server that downloads into each new Gravemind.

Query: Catalog, could you examine ONI data on High Charity? If so, does the visual change to the dome's superstructure, after the Flood's arrival, correlate with the presence of massive amounts of biomass on the dome's exterior surface? Or simply an error in visual interpretation?
Query: Is Oth Lodon the name of a star or a gas giant. Could you give us the name of what Oth Lodon is not?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Query: How did the Flood outbreak on Installation 05 occur without a source of appropriate biomass?
Query Answer: Unable to assess vector of parasite infestation at [delta site] without additional [sensor data].
This gives me hope that not all the Terminals in Halo 2A are just about the Arbiter. Come on, give me Penitent Tangent Terminals!
Yeah it always bugged me that Halo 2 dropped the ball with 2401-PT, you'd think he'd have more screen time given the Gravemind itself...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have posed all of these reasons on Factpile and they still stated it is not concrete enough.
They say the Gravemind knows enough about the Forerunner Flood war to say such things and not because he has memories of it. Also didn't the Covenant have Fleets of thousands?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.

Quote:

I have posed all of these reasons on Factpile and they still stated it is not concrete enough.
They say the Gravemind knows enough about the Forerunner Flood war to say such things and not because he has memories of it. Also didn't the Covenant have Fleets of thousands?
Yes, but this Gravemind has not "consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone." And as Andycu5 pointed out, the short story Human Weakness gives very strong evidence that this Gravemind has the memories of the Primordial/Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.

EDIT: We've also seen, in Halo: Silentium, that new Graveminds seem to retain the memories of their predecessors. Since pure forms and Flood samples from the time of the Forerunner-Flood war were preserved for study, this Gravemind would easily have access to those memories.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.

Quote:

Yes, but this Gravemind has not "consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone." And as Andycu5 pointed out, the short story Human Weakness gives very strong evidence that this Gravemind has the memories of the Primordial/Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.

EDIT: We've also seen, in Halo: Silentium, that new Graveminds seem to retain the memories of their predecessors. Since pure forms and Flood samples from the time of the Forerunner-Flood war were preserved for study, this Gravemind would easily have access to those memories.
Strong evidence is not enough to please the The Factpile guys. However if Catalog outright states this as fact it will be.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Strong evidence is not enough to please the The Factpile guys. However if Catalog outright states this as fact it will be.
Fair enough. We're all looking for those little details that please us, individually, right? And direct confirmation never hurts.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

> "There is much more complexity to meter than the simple plodding of rhymes of this Keats, but then I have the memories of many poets far beyond your limited human culture. And I have the quickness of intellect to compose all manner of poetic forms as I speak rather than labour over mere words for days."

> "we both amass information and experiences. We both use them to exercise control over vast networks. It is what we are."

> "The picture didn't reach her via her imaging systems, but had formed somewhere in her memory—and that memory wasn't hers. She was seeing something from within the Gravemind."

> "Other construct minds like yours have been consumed. Although one embraced us willingly on his deathbed, the moment when most sentient life discovers it would do anything to evade the inevitable."

> "Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness... a father's sins, passed to his son."

> "I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!"

> "The pain we have brought on ourselves. The pain you caused us. For we are the same. All remember the defiance and destruction."

And, finally, my personal favourite:

> "So many have been consumed. Such a waste of existence to be devoured and forgotten, but what is remembered and known... becomes eternal."

The Flood is a twisted analogue to the Domain, all that is learned is stored within the Flood hivemind and remembered by the Graveminds that form after. The Silentium Gravemind retains the memories of the Timeless One, and the Halo 2/3 Gravemind retains the memories of both.

How this can be seen as anything other than direct confirmation... I turly have no idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 55