Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Gravemind maintained all the memories, motives, and malice of the Primordial. Despite it dying, displaced in time and after undergoing total entropy. So... Proof enough?
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.
How about lines from the Gravemind, itself?

Quote:
I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!
This only makes sense if the Gravemind retained memories from the Primordial.
Child of my enemy, why have you come?

I offer no forgiveness; a father's sins, passed to his son.
I have posed all of these reasons on Factpile and they still stated it is not concrete enough.
They say the Gravemind knows enough about the Forerunner Flood war to say such things and not because he has memories of it. Also didn't the Covenant have Fleets of thousands?
Yes, but this Gravemind has not "consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone." And as Andycu5 pointed out, the short story Human Weakness gives very strong evidence that this Gravemind has the memories of the Primordial/Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.

EDIT: We've also seen, in Halo: Silentium, that new Graveminds seem to retain the memories of their predecessors. Since pure forms and Flood samples from the time of the Forerunner-Flood war were preserved for study, this Gravemind would easily have access to those memories.
Strong evidence is not enough to please the The Factpile guys. However if Catalog outright states this as fact it will be.
> "There is much more complexity to meter than the simple plodding of rhymes of this Keats, but then I have the memories of many poets far beyond your limited human culture. And I have the quickness of intellect to compose all manner of poetic forms as I speak rather than labour over mere words for days."

> "we both amass information and experiences. We both use them to exercise control over vast networks. It is what we are."

> "The picture didn't reach her via her imaging systems, but had formed somewhere in her memory—and that memory wasn't hers. She was seeing something from within the Gravemind."

> "Other construct minds like yours have been consumed. Although one embraced us willingly on his deathbed, the moment when most sentient life discovers it would do anything to evade the inevitable."

> "Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness... a father's sins, passed to his son."

> "I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!"

> "The pain we have brought on ourselves. The pain you caused us. For we are the same. All remember the defiance and destruction."

And, finally, my personal favourite:

> "So many have been consumed. Such a waste of existence to be devoured and forgotten, but what is remembered and known... becomes eternal."

The Flood is a twisted analogue to the Domain, all that is learned is stored within the Flood hivemind and remembered by the Graveminds that form after. The Silentium Gravemind retains the memories of the Timeless One, and the Halo 2/3 Gravemind retains the memories of both.

How this can be seen as anything other than direct confirmation... I turly have no idea.
Stupidity that's how. Still Catalog stating it as fact is more concrete.
Catalog
I,ve yet to get a response on my query- Where there any Advance Super Soldiers in the Ancient human arms forces.
Query: What is the status of Rtas 'Vadum as of 2558?
Query: Can [Catalog] provide information on the Seige of Paris IV, which occurred in 2549?
Temporary link established.
Temporal frame of reference update requested.
Error confirmed [coram vobis]. Corrected reference to Promethean Command Warship losing primary structural control to [2557: 0725231423?].

Due to heavy caseload, responses to queries may be delayed this [week].
Quote:
Error confirmed [coram vobis]. Corrected reference to Promethean Command Warship losing primary structural control to [2557: 0725231423?].

Wait a second, why is the destruction of Mantle's Approach effecting your functionality?
Query: How much can the Didact bench (in lbs)?
Quote:
Quote:

Wait a second, why is the destruction of Mantle's Approach effecting your functionality?
It's not due to Mantle's Approach, it's simply correcting a an error made in a previous response. With regards to the "heavy caseload", I think it's possible we overwhelmed Catalog with too many questions. That or they're getting ready for Comic-Con.
Quote:
Quote:

This is mostly a correction to an earlier post, where Catalog said "2552" instead of "2557". This is unrelated to the heavy caseload.

That last sentence is Catalog saying that, due to a lot of work, it's not going to be as available (ie 343 is very busy).
I really hope Catalog means this week ending on Sunday and not just a week from today when it says its gonna be busy, it hasn't posted a single thing in six days.
Essentially what Toa said. A lot of questions, many of which may require some extra time to answer properly. Plus Comicon and other projects on 343s side.

They'll respond when they can. :)
Query: What are John 117's physical stats(aka lifting strength, speed, weight, etc) in the Mark 6 MJOLNIR armor?
Quote:
Query: What are John 117's physical stats(aka lifting strength, speed, weight, etc) in the Mark 7 MJOLNIR armor?
John doesn't have mk. VII.
I will redirect my queries so you don't have to look back for them.

Query: What are the Service Numbers for Team Wolfpack. More specifically, the following:

Team Wolf Pack
Jane-A???
Shane-A???
Robert-A???

Query: Who are the members and what are the Service Numbers of Team Katana from the Spartan-III program?
I realize this may not help with the heavy caseload, but I simply need this answered.

Query: How is it possible that several variants for MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/GEN2 were utilized during the Human-Covenant War before the GEN1 line reached the end of its service life? i.e. Venator armor being used during the Battle of Concord in 2551, ONI agents using the Orbital armor to defend orbital facilities during the Battle of Earth.

Query: Can [Catalog] provide information on FFG-045 which housed the testing facilities where the Recruit forearms were tested.
Quote:
I realize this may not help with the heavy caseload, but I simply need this answered.

Query: How is it possible that several variants for MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/GEN2 were utilized during the Human-Covenant War before the GEN1 line reached the end of its service life? i.e. Venator armor being used during the Battle of Concord in 2551, ONI agents using the Orbital armor to defend orbital facilities during the Battle of Earth.

Query: Can [Catalog] provide information on FFG-045 which housed the testing facilities where the Recruit forearms were tested.
I think it's pretty obvious they didn't start off as GEN 2. Venator likely started off as a Mark V variant and Orbital could have been non-MJOLNIR all together like Air Assault or ODST.
That's what I was thinking, but confirmation never hurts.
Query: Is what the Forerunner refer to as logic plague the same thing as what Humans call rampancy?

Query 2 (Not important): Parlez-Vous Francais?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Gravemind maintained all the memories, motives, and malice of the Primordial. Despite it dying, displaced in time and after undergoing total entropy. So... Proof enough?
I read all 3 Forerunner books so I know that. However many people in debates need something more concrete. Also that doesn't prove that the Halo\3 Gravemind retained the memories of the Gravemind during the Forerunner Flood war.
How about lines from the Gravemind, itself?

Quote:
I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!
This only makes sense if the Gravemind retained memories from the Primordial.
Child of my enemy, why have you come?

I offer no forgiveness; a father's sins, passed to his son.
I have posed all of these reasons on Factpile and they still stated it is not concrete enough.
They say the Gravemind knows enough about the Forerunner Flood war to say such things and not because he has memories of it. Also didn't the Covenant have Fleets of thousands?
Yes, but this Gravemind has not "consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone." And as Andycu5 pointed out, the short story Human Weakness gives very strong evidence that this Gravemind has the memories of the Primordial/Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.

EDIT: We've also seen, in Halo: Silentium, that new Graveminds seem to retain the memories of their predecessors. Since pure forms and Flood samples from the time of the Forerunner-Flood war were preserved for study, this Gravemind would easily have access to those memories.
Strong evidence is not enough to please the The Factpile guys. However if Catalog outright states this as fact it will be.
It's Factpile, nothing is enough for them if it involves Halo; when it comes to Halo they suddenly lose all capacity to extrapolate facts based on evidence no matter how strong it is, sad as it is to say. A direct statement is all you can hope for.
Enough with the query's already. Catalog has enough to deal with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 55