6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 55
Quote:
Quote:
[quaere] paused.
Quote:
Catalog, I present you with another query: Quando il gioco è finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola.
Query Response: [multum in parvo]
Mmm... I should remember that. "Multum in parvo".
much from little. more literarily: "much in little"
It's an interpretation of the "when the game is over the pawn and the king go in the same box".
If italian or latin is useful for making him communicating I can help quite well.
[quaere] paused probably means he stopped his inquiry work
Query: what inquiry are you working on, Catalog?
Query: How did the Flood outbreak on Installation 05 occur without a source of appropriate biomass?
Query: What is the status of Sergeant Zhao Heng Lopez following the infestation of the Mona Lisa?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Catalog, can the augmentation process that made Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson "immune" to Flood infection be replicated?
He got an infection that usually would kill people. When offered treatment, he declined. He survived his Borons Syndrome (May have misspelled) without treatment, causing his genes to be so confusing that even the Flood couldn't figure it out. I do not think that they can replicate this as it is a very deadly disease.
The Borons Syndrome was a cover-up, to keep his identity as an ORION candidate a secret. The real cause of his "immunity" were the augmentations he received during the ORION Project.

http://www.halopedia.org/Avery_Johnson#Early_military_career
http://www.halopedia.org/Avery_Johnson#Battle_of_Installation_04
Could this possibly mean, that all spartans are immune to Flood, due to the augmentations they had? Why the ancient humans didn't come up with this?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Catalog, can the augmentation process that made Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson "immune" to Flood infection be replicated?
He got an infection that usually would kill people. When offered treatment, he declined. He survived his Borons Syndrome (May have misspelled) without treatment, causing his genes to be so confusing that even the Flood couldn't figure it out. I do not think that they can replicate this as it is a very deadly disease.
The Borons Syndrome was a cover-up, to keep his identity as an ORION candidate a secret. The real cause of his "immunity" were the augmentations he received during the ORION Project.

Could this possibly mean, that all spartans are immune to Flood, due to the augmentations they had? Why the ancient humans didn't come up with this?
Given that the Flood have been known to deliberately mess with the assumption of a cure, I'd say that we should avoid putting our hopes in this.

The cure will be our downfall.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unlikely. Johnson's immunity was an accident due to the nature of the augmentations he received (many candidates died, or had severely phyical and/or psychological trauma), and was one of those one-in-a-million chances.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unlikely. Johnson's immunity was an accident due to the nature of the augmentations he received (many candidates died, or had severely phyical and/or psychological trauma), and was one of those one-in-a-million chances.
As Toa said, it was more or less a freak accident, it wasn't something that kept happening constantly, it was just a lucky chance that gave him said immunity.
Query: What is the current status of Nolan Byrne.
Quote:
As Toa said, it was more or less a freak accident, it wasn't something that kept happening constantly, it was just a lucky chance that gave him said immunity.
That, or as Primordium establishes... they decided not to infect him. He's a reclaimer. He's part of the test. If all the Reclaimers become Flood, how are the flood to see who is most evolved?

Miranda was also a reclaimer... Truth appears to have been infected by spores, no infection form, why wasn't Miranda's body reanimated? Or at least infected...
Is it bad that I feel giddy from being responded to by Catalog?

Query: Requiem Aeternam.
Query: Quis est inimicus?
Reposting original questions from original thread:

Quote:
Statement: In the collection of Forerunner data strings known as Silentium, the Librarian stated that there were some Forerunner vessels (a Fortress-class, a handful of dreadnoughts, and a few scrap-heap transports) inside Requiem (Shield World 001).

Query: What happened to said vessels during the various engagements at Requiem during February 2558 (which I will from now on designate as the Requiem Occupational Campaign)?

Additional Query: Were the vessels salvaged by the Covenant splinter faction* led by Jul'Mdama? (*here-after referred as the Storm Covenant for ease of designation)
Additionally, I would like to (expedite?) a query posed by another user:
Quote:
Query: What is the status of the Lifeworker Keyship once held by the Perfidia vermis designated Truth (by the UNSC, original name Ord Casto)?
And finally...
Query: What is the current status of the [Lifeworker?] exploration vessel designated Audacity?

Query: What is the current status of the [Warrior-Servant] 50km Fortress-class vessel designated Deep Reverence?

Query: What is the current status of [Warrior-Servant] Glory-of-a-Far-Dawn, [Builder] Maker-of-Moons, and [Warrior-Servant] Sharp-by-Striking?
Additional Query: Did any of the three [organic] Forerunners mentioned above survive the Forerunner-Flood War?
I doubt Catalog will answer most of the "what is the current status of character/item x" questions. 343 will probably be keeping most plot threads like that open-ended, especially the more plot-critical ones we'll obviously be seeing in media sooner or later (the Didact's survival, etc).

Query: How exactly did Cortana save Spartan-117 from the detonation of the Havok warhead aboard the Mantle's Approach? Cortana states that she "got [the Master Chief] off the ship" but there appears to be some confusion as to the exact means of her saving John, generally involving either hard-light barriers or teleportation. While Cortana's quote heavily suggests the latter, it would still be nice to have a confirmation on just what happened.

Query: Why did it take the Prophet of Truth's keyship over a week (November 8-November 17, 2552) to make it to Earth after exiting slipspace in the Sol System? Was something (or a certain someone) hindering the Covenant's efforts to reach Earth?
Query: During the entire Battle of Earth, approximately how many ships were destroyed for both the Covenant and Earth?

Query: What is the current status of Spartan Gray Team?

Query: What is the current status of Spartan Team Black?
Is spartan Naomi black 2?(or is it black 4 she has a similar description to?)
Quote:
Quote:
That, or as Primordium establishes... they decided not to infect him. He's a reclaimer. He's part of the test. If all the Reclaimers become Flood, how are the flood to see who is most evolved?

Miranda was also a reclaimer... Truth appears to have been infected by spores, no infection form, why wasn't Miranda's body reanimated? Or at least infected...

Because Johnson took her body inside the Pelican and then left...

Reclaimers are a Forerunner thing, not a Precursor thing.
Query: What is the status of AdjutantReflex?
Quote:
Query: What is the status of AdjutantReflex?
I can answer that. Hopefully this will suffice. Done in the way The Catalog does it to see if that has any effect with it (and also surprisingly doing it this way helped me layout the information better)

Query Answer: Forerunner Ancilla AdjutantReflex was terminated by protocol by a Contender Class Ancilla fragment of 05-032 Mendicant Bias at 2007:0619132800

Ancilla means AI if you or anyone is uncertain.
What this protocol was is a mystery.
Reason I said fragment was that Medicant Bias was split into fragments.
AdjutantReflex was terminated on the 27th June 2007 at 1:28PM
Query: What is the current location of Spartan Blue Team?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 55