Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Could a Halo Elite game work?

OP kiwininja332

So a day or two ago I posted about how it would be so cool to have a Noble Six game where we can see much more about the Spartan III’s and what they went through, so kind of along that same line of spinoff games, would people like to see a game about an Elite rising through the ranks of the Covenant Empire pre-battle for Installation 04? Then once the Great Schism and the events of Installation 00 happens, you have a choice to either leave the Covenant and join the Arbiter on Sanghelios or join Jul M’Dama’s new Covenant splinter group. I think it would be so cool to see the other side of the Human-Covenant war in a first person perspective. As always, let me know what you think!
I’ve always wanted a game centered around the Elites since we played as Arbiter in Halo 2. So I’d say a definite yes to that! I think it would be awesome to fight against humanity for a change, something that never happened even while playing as the Arbiter. Fun fact: before Bungie made Halo3: ODST, they were actually considering making a game centered on a squad of SpecOps Elites. Makes one wonder what it would’ve been like had they gone with that idea.
yeah it'd work, they'll need to add spme dramatic spice to it first, like maybe playing from an elite in the banished pov.
There is plenty of interesting stuff they could do from the Covenant's perspective, especially if they go further back in the timeline. There are a lot of coffins in that Mausoleum, so maybe a story about what a previous Arbiter had to deal with.
So a day or two ago I posted about how it would be so cool to have a Noble Six game where we can see much more about the Spartan III’s and what they went through, so kind of along that same line of spinoff games, would people like to see a game about an Elite rising through the ranks of the Covenant Empire pre-battle for Installation 04? Then once the Great Schism and the events of Installation 00 happens, you have a choice to either leave the Covenant and join the Arbiter on Sanghelios or join Jul M’Dama’s new Covenant splinter group. I think it would be so cool to see the other side of the Human-Covenant war in a first person perspective. As always, let me know what you think!
It would certainly work. Anything to bring Elites out of their stereotypical "Lawful Stupid" archetype. Their culture is deep enough that we can tell interesting stories with it, and the lore spells out their body language and customs well enough that all it would take is for the animators to not be lazy when making cutscenes.
It could definitely work and I think a game for Elites is needed after their reputation was tarnished with the giant, lumbering Elites of Halo 4 and 5. Halo 2’s Arbiter missions made me respect the Elites even more and I wanted to learn more. A game dedicated to them would go a long way in doing just that. Plus, it would be a nice change of pace from always seeing Spartans, not that that’s a bad thing in any way.
Making a game like ODST with elites during the Great Schism would be awesome!
It might, but I feel like it could easily be done wrong. On the other hand, I've mentioned before how I think a forerunner game (before the Halo rings) would be fun.
Yes. Halo 2 was so cool because you got to see the opposing story.
Heeeeelllllll yeeeeeaaaaah
I would love to play a elite/ covenant based game
You could use and elite based game to describe the events of the swords of sanghelios in the times from halo 4 to when Osiris meets the arbiter. You could like in Halo 3 ODST where you change in between characters I personally would love to play as makaie and drop off stuff for the swords imagine like a time run mission where you had to drop supplies without getting shot or running out of time. But if 343 let us go back and play elites, grunts, jackals, on iconic battles in the halo universe that would be flat out amazing the ability to play a whole campaign as a elite or any other race it could also promote some funny dialogue. Sub to Halo follower, Late Night gaming For all your halo lore.