Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Could have humanity defeated a united covenant?

OP KH Foofoo14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To be honest, I truly believe Master Chief would have found a way to do it. Chief’s luck is truly unmatched.
Would have taken quite a bit of luck. No doubt Spartans are pretty unmatched in strength and battlefield tactics (just based off of the games and books), but I think it would be a numbers game with the Covies united. Just too many...
Heck no. If the Covenant was really united, assuming all races got along, they would crush humanity. They had the drive, the people, and the tech to take the known universe by storm. It may take a while but it'll happen.
l Chaos I wrote:
Just a side idea, if the Covenant kept control over Delta Halo (since there is no civil war to weaken them or force them to abort the activation) would they not have fired it with High Charity and its defense fleet still in orbit of the ring?
Firing of the Halo Array is impossible without the Activation Index or Installation 00 and neither can be used without a Reclaimer aka Human. The Covenant would be parked in orbit around Installation 05/Delta Halo wondering what they were supposed to do as without 343GS or 2401PT.

Without the promise of the "Great Journey" I'd see the Covenant continuing the war with the only caveat being the Covenant are now pouring everything in wiping away Humanity
The covies seemed to understand they needed a human for activation as Tartarus (and Truth) had Miranda Keyes and Johnson captured and brought to the control room area and they had the Activation index (and 343 GS) from the Arbiter's mission to The Gas Mine and The Library.

Though yeah they would probably go all out in the crusade against humanity if they couldn't activate the ring like you said, the prophets could use it to buy time to make an excuse or damage control.
Maybe they could have beat the Covies, had they had a Death Star, Starkiller Base, and an Infinity Gauntlet. But in the end there was no way they could have beat the Covenant, Master Chief is good, but there is absolutely no way anyone could have defeated an entire army with hardly any forces left. It just could not have happened. Maybe if the script writers pulled from the Lost Fleet they could have won, but other than that they couldn't have won.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2