Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Could Sgt. Johnson still be alive?

OP EWOKofDESTINY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I was thinking that perhaps Mendicant Bias was able to teleport him to safety somewhere within the Ark and revive him using advanced forerunner techniques.

- Mendicant Bias has been shown to want a Reclaimer around to fulfill his atonement.

- We never see what happens to his body (just that it starts sliding away as Chief is running),

- Besides I believe Linda was even more damaged that Sgt. Johnson and Halsey was able to bring her back using limited human tech.

I think it would be an incredible "WOW" moment in Halo 5 to be fighting waves of Prometheans and then a figure in Forerunner armor appears and disarms Master Chief after an intense hand to hand combat fight scene, thinking its the end, Chief shields his face expecting to be shot dead, but when nothing happens he looks up as the mysterious figure takes off his helmet to reveal Sgt. Johnson.

What are your thoughts on this?
He's space dust.
He's space dust.
Most probably Dirty Rascal, I am just wondering the "what if's." Because while my scenario is implausible, it isn't impossible.
Interesting theory but he's definitely dead IMO.
He's space dust.

Most probably Dirty Rascal, I am just wondering the "what if's." Because while my scenario is implausible, it isn't impossible.
Yes it is. We saw him die in Chief's arms. He ceased breathing and the control room started collapsing. It's been confirmed anyway.
He's space dust.

Yes it is. We saw him die in Chief's arms. He ceased breathing and the control room started collapsing. It's been confirmed anyway.
Linda also died in Chief's arms and still ended up being revived. How was it confirmed? I must have missed that.
Linda's pulse stopped...but plenty of people have near-death experiences. Not only that, but she was placed in a cryo-pod and preserved. Johnson's death has been known for years, but if you want something recent his article in the Halo Essential Visual Guide confirms it. But again, this hasn't been in dispute.
He's space dust.

Linda also died in Chief's arms and still ended up being revived. How was it confirmed? I must have missed that.
Linda's body was taken and preserved in Cryo-stasis. Johnson's body slid off a collapsing platform and exploded with an unstable Halo Ring. Big difference.
I CAN see the theoretical possibility of Johnson surviving, in the way that you stated. But honestly that would take away the sense of actual death in the series. I mean if we just say "hey btw Johnson isn't dead anymore, some ancient forerunner ai teleported his body and now hes alive again", who's to stop at Johnson. Using that logic every being that has died on a forerunner installation could potentially be revived; Truth, Mercy and Miranda Keyes to name a few. I'm not saying it isn't possible but I am saying that i could really turn Halo death impact into Avengers death impact where all of like 5 main characters have ever died
I'll say it isn't possible for him to have survived because he didn't.
Johnson's death seemed to be shoved into the story last minute. I'm still angry at the circumstances of his death. It made no sense. Worse than Miranda's.
Please No.
Please No.
While i Agree that he should not some how be alive, I do think(and have suggested plenty) That his likeness should be used as an UNSC AI would would be pretty awesome IMHO
Please No.

While i Agree that he should not some how be alive, I do think(and have suggested plenty) That his likeness should be used as an UNSC AI would would be pretty awesome IMHO
I just felt it was a waste of a character to be honest. Sterotypical cheesy one liners.
He have died in MC's arms and then the whole Ark exploded. If 343i is ever going to bring him back from the dead, it would be the cheesest comeback of all time.

However they have to reason to bring him back, as some things are better if they stay in the past. Johnson was sgt. Apone (Aliens) cheap rip-off. Kind of character that is attracts kids with his one-liners. Right now 343i is targeting it's games to adults, and if they'll bring Johnson back, many of them would be dissatisfied, not because they didn't like Johnson, but because they remember him different. With all his stereotypical one-liners it would be like "this new Johnson is just dump, I prefer an old one..."
A few hours ago I thouhgt about that, and one - I think - interesting question came up, is it possible that Johnson was infested, after his death? Because the Flood was very close to the Controll Room, so maybe an infection form, find him, and then Johnson became the part of the Flood. What do you think?
No, he's confirmed to be dead and bringing him back just because he's popular among fans is beyond contrived. I'd rather they leave Johnson and focus on developing newer Halo character. Of if they wanted, they could introduce a relative of Johnson's. Perhaps he sired an illegitimate child with Jilan al-Cygni who is mourning over his death. 343I could possibly have Johnson's child recruited into the UNSC Marine Corps of the Spartan-IV program in an effort to honour his farther. Introducing another grieving character into the games would be really cool. Bungie missed out on that opportunity to do the same for Miranda Keyes after Captain Keyes died, which is disappointing and would have helped to develop her character. I'd also love to see more about Catherine Halsey feels about losing a lot of the people she cared about.

Basically anything to show the cost of war and to make all of the characters feel more human. I'd hate it if Chief was the only person to be shown grieving in the Halo games. Showing Johnson's child attempting to capture their father's legacy and mourn him would be a really cool way of going about that. Furthermore, it would link Bungie's and 343 industries Halo games quite well.
A few hours ago I thouhgt about that, and one - I think - interesting question came up, is it possible that Johnson was infested, after his death? Because the Flood was very close to the Controll Room, so maybe an infection form, find him, and then Johnson became the part of the Flood. What do you think?
Gravemind talking in one-liners (instead of byronism)?
if Johnson comes back it makes death meaningless. Deus ex machina equal to that Dragonball Z... think someone already posted that if we went down this road we could potential bring back all known dead characters.

I dont like the concept and hope Sargent Major A J Johnson R.I.P and stands as Reminder that even the Best character are Mortal beings subject to the rules of Life and Death.
the idea of sacrifice in the halo universe would be pointless .

“Send me out...with a bang.”
— Avery J. Johnson's last words to john 117
I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I was thinking that perhaps Mendicant Bias was able to teleport him to safety somewhere within the Ark and revive him using advanced forerunner techniques.

- Mendicant Bias has been shown to want a Reclaimer around to fulfill his atonement.

- We never see what happens to his body (just that it starts sliding away as Chief is running),

- Besides I believe Linda was even more damaged that Sgt. Johnson and Halsey was able to bring her back using limited human tech.

I think it would be an incredible "WOW" moment in Halo 5 to be fighting waves of Prometheans and then a figure in Forerunner armor appears and disarms Master Chief after an intense hand to hand combat fight scene, thinking its the end, Chief shields his face expecting to be shot dead, but when nothing happens he looks up as the mysterious figure takes off his helmet to reveal Sgt. Johnson.

What are your thoughts on this?
Usually i would have laughed at this. But not only do you make a great point but also, in a new megablocks set of halo a mysterious unidentified human like figure in forerunner armor is seen. But as his death was confirmed it is not likely that this would happen although it would be intresting.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7